What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Village development?

carcharias

Immortal
So let me get this straight.

The team we all follow is screwed financially.
I was told first hand, by someone who knows, how dire it is.
This was during the last election.

Our one big plus is the land we own, of which a large chunk has been sitting dormant since time began.

For some reason a developer wants to build infrastructure and pay for it themselves.
While we keep ownership the land.
Now I see the merit in this , as this land is one of the last pieces of blank canvas close to the city.
Our club would undoubtly die before they could get it up and running on their own.
Then once it is all built with shops and residential apartments...our club will get cash flow on through rent?
Not to mention the other bonus of people actually being there on days that are not footy days.

Why do you think they put all those takeaway food joints next to each other on highways?

I'd say , at a guess.there are no options left....the horse has well and truly bolted.
....and this ( if true ) is a f**king miracle for supporters.

It is like when Lightning McQueen turned up in Radiator Springs.

Ka Chow!

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Meanshile Email Sam keeps bleating on about "how right" he is & how wrong everybody else is, without a single solitary scrap of support for any cooment he has made other than, " I saw somebody in the mall"

samshark

Juniors
Meanshile Email Sam keeps bleating on about "how right" he is & how wrong everybody else is, without a single solitary scrap of support for any cooment he has made other than, " I saw somebody in the mall"

That’s 'meanwhile', not 'meanshile' and 'comment' not 'cooment'. You need to slow down a bit, the excitement of being someone important on an internet forum is getting to you.

You really are a joke and posts like this just make you look stupid. For the record I am not saying Jackal is wrong, (others have) I am merely asking him to back up such a damaging comment for the club. In regard to the development, as he has already admitted (take note Reefy) he doesnt know the latest.

As for your salary cap rubbish. I dont need to name sources or people at the club I might speak to. Dont need to in this case, Ill just let the facts speak for themselves. It just a shame you are not man enough to admit your mistake (or lie), I'd have an ounce of respect for you if you did.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
haha. Now turned into a spelling cop too. Sorry I can a few things at once, maybe not perfectly.
FTR, I am not supporting Jackals comments, howefer they seem to be educated in their delivery.
It doesn;t sound like its coming from an uneducated stalker of our sub-administration & football staff via email, then rejects everything written by people like Jackal for lack of "tangible support" whilst supplying zero tangible support themselves.
FTR, my salary cap information came from more than 1 person in the club in the highest positions, in front of people on this forum, face to face. I don't need to prove anything to "Email Sam" nor does Jackal. Nor do others on here who chose to remain silent.
What is funny is how so many people are sitting on here(quietly) thinking they are in the know what is going on with the development. Which option have you all beent told about? Plan A B C D or E? Which meeting did you sit in on? A B C D or E? Which meeting were you emailed the details about? A B C D or E?
it's all funny stuff.
Damaging or not, jackals post are the closest things to the truth on here that I can read.

samshark

Juniors
You can harp on all you like about who told you or who was present. You have already stated that numerous times. The fact is, if you were told anything at all or if its just another of your lies then it is wrong. I told you that from day one and it has been proven right countless times since. The fact that we still have cap space and looking to sign another player is further testimony.

A few emails between myself and the CEO a couple of years and suddenly I am email stalker. Too funny. Id rather be an email stalker than the liar and fraud that you are.

There is very little truth of anything on this forum anymore. It has become a joke, full of liars and agenda driven persons who just want to see the club fall over. If not for Quigs brilliance then this forum would be dead. The club itself despises it and that is due to people like you.

Ausguy

Coach
You can harp on all you like about who told you or who was present. You have already stated that numerous times. The fact is, if you were told anything at all or if its just another of your lies then it is wrong. I told you that from day one and it has been proven right countless times since. The fact that we still have cap space and looking to sign another player is further testimony.

A few emails between myself and the CEO a couple of years and suddenly I am email stalker. Too funny. Id rather be an email stalker than the liar and fraud that you are.

There is very little truth of anything on this forum anymore. It has become a joke, full of liars and agenda driven persons who just want to see the club fall over. If not for Quigs brilliance then this forum would be dead. The club itself despises it and that is due to people like you.

oh shut up seriously. ffs. want some cheese with that whine?

jc155776

Coach
I for one just want to see the proposal.

Once its out then it can be pretty much open slather for discussion.

People need to be critical of it because if there are flaws better for them to be found out before hand and rectified rather then for the problems to surface later.

Any idea when the AGM, election, voting for proposals etc is happening?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal

WTF???

So the club despises it? The building? or do you mean individuals? Perhaps you mean the individuals who have all been a part of this forum , other forums & other social media services for the last 10 years discussing all things Sharks? You should read your own advice. back up your claims on this & the Salary cap. Who is telling you? You haven't cited one source in all of your over bearing, knowit all I AM SAM posts.
FTR I doubt anybody hates a forum or hates any social media because of me or any other individual. I don't think anybody could be that much of a pea heart.
In fact it could be argued that THIS forum was the catalyst & tool that created the turn around in the actual club.
Jackal has the right to anonymously post his opinions. For all we know Jackal could be Damian Irvine. It could be Newman. It could be Millers Nose. It could be Phlagnao. It might be Barry Pierce. Who cares. I know the current people in charge won't be stomping up & down & saying " I hate that forum thingy" because of Jackal or me(why the f**k they would care what I was saying anyway?).

Far from it I reckon.

roboshark

Coach
Aaahh the sharks hey....good old sharks. What an ability they display to polarise sharks fans!!!

Where will I go know this forum is being read its last rites

Latest posts