What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Village development?

I'd like to see what protections are in place if the developer goes bust during the project.

effen oath

we need back up plans, assurances, contingencies and the like.

Meaning that we are giving away our best assett in the hope of a commission on each sale. All projections. They may well come good & that would be great. But geezus it sounds risky in the current climate. More high rise are being reposessed in QLD than units are being sold. Yesterday in Coolangatta an entire shopping precinct was reposessed.

yeah it is risky.

for the record Aus

in my view, the whole "old idea was pipe dream and too risky and not part of the core business"
is true. and a fair assessment. going alone would have taken miracles that the sharkies just dont create.

new idea is interesting and intrigueing to say the least

someone. please do a write up of the members nite. PM me. theres absolutely no possible way i can be in your post code on that day.

i got pinged for posting the members only email... for that i apoligise... anyway... for those that got a chance to read it what are your thoughts?

I'd be very interested in what style of retail outlets they would be proposing.

Empty shops don't bring in rent.

But in all honesty we lost a lot of bargaining power with the large debt we have. The land will only be a "real" asset to us if it is put to work in some form.

Seems the past administration were incompetent dreamers heading us on a collision course for extreme failure.

newman

First Grade
I understand your point reef, but with respect this is suburban Sydney, which is screaming for infrastructure and homes in public transport corridors and not Queensland.

I've met the development partners. These guys are seriously impressive and knowledgeable professionals with runs on the board (they prev developed norwest biz park and Rhodes shopping centre, and made money out of it). There will be little chance of "catching them out" at the members info night.

Whatever your agenda, this is an amazingly positive undertaking from he club and I for one am seriously excited about it.

newman

First Grade
Further to that, the consortium agreement that has been written up is mutually beneficial. The club wants to do it, the developers are gung ho and it is well within their interests to do a good job, expediently, all of which benefits the club.

It's a win/win. And its a big win for the club.

retail wise...
what dosnt the shire have?

put that..in there. for a start

its not about catching them out newman. its about learning all the facts so that we arent left in the dark.

Ausguy

Coach
I understand your point reef, but with respect this is suburban Sydney, which is screaming for infrastructure and homes in public transport corridors and not Queensland.

I've met the development partners. These guys are seriously impressive and knowledgeable professionals with runs on the board (they prev developed norwest biz park and Rhodes shopping centre, and made money out of it). There will be little chance of "catching them out" at the members info night.

Whatever your agenda, this is an amazingly positive undertaking from he club and I for one am seriously excited about it.

f**k!!! i worked up there for 3 years.... i hope they dont fugg up our development like they did the traffic chaos at norwest business park.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
NO agenda from me Newman. This is probably much better than the previous attempts. But selling off the land outright or giving it away for commissions & rental returns from shops that may not even get leased.
It is not out of the question that absolute lemons can be created. Its not a case of build it & they will come.
Lets face the stone cold hard facts. Shark Park is in a karmicheal Hunt of a postion. For anything other than factories or offices. anything else is a huge risk.
As for QLD I understand the difference but these guys were switched on long time developers. All of them. All gone. You want to talk buildings, you talk Gold Coast. Not Sydney.

Didn't know they were behind that.

If so I am very confident now.

That place has won that many awards for it's development it's not funny and has attracted some real big end of town tenants.

Ausguy

Coach
retail wise...
what dosnt the shire have?

put that..in there. for a start

its not about catching them out newman. its about learning all the facts so that we arent left in the dark.

Exactly, so many good posts at the moment.

Its about making sure we are not taken advantage of, sure we probably need them more than they need us (maybe?) but we need to be very careful and not so desperate. Its currently ours, if you want to benefit from it, let us help you but you (as in them) must show us the money and the ongoing benefits.

On a side note, if there is retail there it must have a major supermarket. If woolies or coles are not part of the plan that has a big impact, trust me when i say this is a must.

Ausguy

Coach
Where is there no traffic chaos in Sydney?

Hey they're not the State Govt.

Yeah but norwest is different, it really was not thought out well. Its in the hills ditrict and reall shouldnt fall victim to traffic chaos like it does. Those that go there now what i mean.

Exactly, so many good posts at the moment.

Its about making sure we are not taken advantage of, sure we probably need them more than they need us (maybe?) but we need to be very careful and not so desperate. Its currently ours, if you want to benefit from it, let us help you but you (as in them) must show us the money and the ongoing benefits.

On a side note, if there is retail there it must have a major supermarket. If woolies or coles are not part of the plan that has a big impact, trust me when i say this is a must.

Yes if they go for that style of retail very true.

Not for rent wise to us because those merkins normally don't pay rent or very little compared to the space they take up because they know they're pulling power for a retail setup. They bring people in so things are viable as a retail precinct.

Yeah but norwest is different, it really was not thought out well. Its in the hills ditrict and reall shouldnt fall victim to traffic chaos like it does. Those that go there now what i mean.

Hey totally disagree the Hills district is one of the worst for traffic because they have no public transport.

But I totally agree the buildings are first class.

golf shop could be good.

given the golfcourse next door.

drummond golf?

f**k i hate those ads tho.

cant be taken advantage of though. need to have alll bases covered.

Ausguy

Coach
Yes if they go for that style of retail very true.

Not for rent wise to us because those merkins normally don't pay rent or very little compared to the space they take up because they know they're pulling power for a retail setup. They bring people in so things are viable as a retail precinct.

oh dont worry they pay rent but you're right, without them the centre as a shopping centre given its isolated location will be a ghost town... dont rely on a florist and a newsagent to pay the rent if there is no major there.

On a side note it could go mental actually, the nearest supermarket is where? Caringbah coles? and carringbah woolies, thos places arent easy to get into.... a supermarket at sharks would go well.

golf shop could be good.

given the golfcourse next door.

drummond golf?

f**k i hate those ads tho.

cant be taken advantage of though. need to have alll bases covered.

Probably been mentioned before but the Consortium should try and buy the Golf Club and really make it into something that really brings punters into the area.

jc155776

Coach
No proxy voting is sh*t.

Problem is to move such a motion would most likely require those of us who want to vote proxy be at the meeting to vote.

It's a vicious circle.

Eat because we are unhappy, unhappy because we eat...

Latest posts