What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks vs Faders

I'll be going to this game with a pack of darts and armed with the man flu. I'm a mock of the highest order lads, so I apologise in advance. I'll be doing the Viking clap off beat and spitting venom at Papalli.

May the alcohol drown my cat AIDS, which incidentally is the worst kind of AIDS.

Fire up merkins.

eddiesmith

Juniors
Very disappointed I can't go to this game, thought this year I'd finally get to watch us in Canberra living only a couple of hours away now, but nope, the gods have conspired against me :(

So I suspect next year we won't play them in Canberra at all just to really piss me off...

Hope we smash the merkins

Is JB injured or dropped?

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Very disappointed I can't go to this game, thought this year I'd finally get to watch us in Canberra living only a couple of hours away now, but nope, the gods have conspired against me :(

So I suspect next year we won't play them in Canberra at all just to really piss me off...

Hope we smash the merkins

Is JB injured or dropped?

JB hurt his knee apparently last week

Card Shark

Immortal
Be very interesting to see how we go in the freezing cold & dew of Canberra.

Will take a special effort to adapt to these conditions.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I'll be going to this game with a pack of darts and armed with the man flu. I'm a mock of the highest order lads, so I apologise in advance. I'll be doing the Viking clap off beat and spitting venom at Papalli.

May the alcohol drown my cat AIDS, which incidentally is the worst kind of AIDS.

Fire up merkins.

Sounds like you're off to a good start

This is a battle for the 4th spot on the ladder. For the winner it will be great momentum and belief.

Get ready for a very physical game. Raiders will be really up for this.

Losing Jayden Brailey should not be underestimated. He’s been fantastic for us and we will miss his defence around the ruck. Blayke offers more in offence but is not as physical as his brother.

Jimmy O

Juniors
Raiders have the most skilful pack in the comp. Need to muscle up in the middle especially on our line.
Yep middle is probably the main concern now that Morris and Doogs are named on the right together for defence.
I wanna see moyza really controlling the defence out there on the park.

Be very interesting to see how we go in the freezing cold & dew of Canberra.

Will take a special effort to adapt to these conditions.

I’m sure Morris has the boys training under snow maker machines. We’re in good hands

Last edited:

Jimmy O

Juniors
This is a battle for the 4th spot on the ladder. For the winner it will be great momentum and belief.

Get ready for a very physical game. Raiders will be really up for this.

Losing Jayden Brailey should not be underestimated. He’s been fantastic for us and we will miss his defence around the ruck. Blayke offers more in offence but is not as physical as his brother.

Yeh this game has excitement plastered all over it. Prob game of the round. Both ours and theirs are as keen as ever and both in pretty solid form.

How Feki keeps his place in front of Gray I will never know

I know this word gets thrown around a lot around origin but feki is an incumbent, been here a long time and will get preference over grey. When feki plays well, He plays well. Too bad there’s soo many errors in between.
Remember last year when flano dropped him to reserves for a few weeks. He came back firing. If he doesn’t shape up soon it WILL be him dropped instead of grey.

wibble

Bench
Yeh this game has excitement plastered all over it. Prob game of the round. Both ours and theirs are as keen as ever and both in pretty solid form.

I know this word gets thrown around a lot around origin but feki is an incumbent, been here a long time and will get preference over grey. When feki plays well, He plays well. Too bad there’s soo many errors in between.
Remember last year when flano dropped him to reserves for a few weeks. He came back firing. If he doesn’t shape up soon it WILL be him dropped instead of grey.

Feki started the year in terrible form (along with a dozen or so of his team mates). Since then his general play has lifted substantially, and he is back near his best...except he still has 1 or 2 monumentally bad plays in a game. I don't know why he does them, and it is likely to kill his career if he can't get it under control, but at least we're not paying him Darius Boyd levels of money.

I agree Wibble. I dont get the Feki hate at all. Hes on the end of our most disjointed side over the last few years, with a host of new centre partners over that time. Probably the only guy that might have been able to replace him was Edrick.

Side note in this game concerning Raiders, a few of them in contention for SOO, be interesting to see how they handle the extra pressure

Eion

First Grade
I agree Wibble. I dont get the Feki hate at all. Hes on the end of our most disjointed side over the last few years, with a host of new centre partners over that time. Probably the only guy that might have been able to replace him was Edrick.
Agree, he had a couple of bad games weeks ago, which seemed to coincide with an injury. His better games are streets ahead of grays best.

fizman

Bench
The last time I went to a Canberra game was that magnificent 2016 Final Series - it was cold that day, but the coffee and cinnamon donuts were good.

Other than the win, the greatest moment was this guy getting all of the Sharks supporters to do the Viking clap in the away bay BEFORE the Raiders started their clap.

It was hilarious and the natives were highly offended and fired up with boos circulating all round.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
This year Feki had strangers, before that had loots for years.

Anyways better than Gray.