What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Johnson free to negotiate.... xmas wish list.

Saint or sinner

Juniors
This is not a rumour ..but imagine having Johnson playing 6 hunt 7 and Widdop 1...we would have a deadly backline ...Duffty can move to 2 or 5 with lomax in centres as well with our pack they would rip teams apart..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I’d say shift hunt to hooker but that would probably make him the most expensive hooker in the comp..

If he came over, Whiddop to fullback..

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Think l'd rather keep things as they are and maybe try Johnson as cover and a cameo at 9 for part of a game and then possible mix at 6 if Widdop isn't firing.......... thus pushing him to the back.

This is the thing, Mary needs a genuine plan B and not continue to serve up the same, week in, week out.
Otherwise, by round 9 or 10, the opposition know our plan down pat.

We really do need to factor in a surprise segment into our weekly plays.
Widdop could play mostly 6 but if the need came about, move to centre or fullback and possibly have another 6, mixing it up.

I know, l know ............ its all too much for Mary to fathom.
Let's just stick to one plan.
Fans, ad ease................. as you were.
Nothing happening here .............. move along.

SBD82

Coach
Think l'd rather keep things as they are and maybe try Johnson as cover and a cameo at 9 for part of a game and then possible mix at 6 if Widdop isn't firing.......... thus pushing him to the back.

This is the thing, Mary needs a genuine plan B and not continue to serve up the same, week in, week out.
Otherwise, by round 9 or 10, the opposition know our plan down pat.

We really do need to factor in a surprise segment into our weekly plays.
Widdop could play mostly 6 but if the need came about, move to centre or fullback and possibly have another 6, mixing it up.

I know, l know ............ its all too much for Mary to fathom.
Let's just stick to one plan.
Fans, ad ease................. as you were.
Nothing happening here .............. move along.
Thank the stars that Mary is too stupid to fathom a plan b that involves having Johnson at 9.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Thank the stars that Mary is too stupid to fathom a plan b that involves having Johnson at 9.

A 15 minute cameo to mix it up, that's all.
We need someone to put pressure on McInnes.

We also need a alternative game plan, otherwise more of the same will occur ............ and we know what happens there.

Its all about taking creative players out of their comfort zones for short periods to hopefully extract some 'X' factor to break a dead lock and or beat another team.

SBD82

Coach
A 15 minute cameo to mix it up, that's all.
We need someone to put pressure on McInnes.

We also need a alternative game plan, otherwise more of the same will occur ............ and we know what happens there.

Its all about taking creative players out of their comfort zones for short periods to hopefully extract some 'X' factor to break a dead lock and or beat another team.
You're so right. While we are at it maybe we should play hunt at fullback and dufty in the second row. That'll really take them out of their comfort zones.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think Johnson is a great talent. I think his best position is 5/8, next to a game managing halfback. If we did buy Johnson, we still wouldn't have top line game manager half in our team. I doubt very much that we will even be in the market for Johnson.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Easts for 2020, Melbourne ASAP, Cronulla ASAP

dragon thomo

Juniors
Hunt to hooker and let McInness go.
That is the only way i believe this could work.
Newcastle would probably take McInness as they are chasing a hooker.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Hunt to hooker and let McInness go.
That is the only way i believe this could work.
Newcastle would probably take McInness as they are chasing a hooker.
I was thinking that if we were to sign Norman, our best option would be to play him halfback and move Hunt to hooker. I then thought who could we offload McInnes to? Newcastle was one club that I thought may be interested in him, Parra another. They are the only 2 clubs that I thought may be interested in McInnes. I will add that I think McInnes is a decent hooker, with great defence. I also think he improved his running game last year and improved around the ruck.

Latest posts