What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Johnson

Sam_the_man

First Grade
He's young still and learning. But he is coasting through way to many games at the moment and living on either finishing other peoples good work or content to just bomb away or dump the ball to inside runners.
On the positive side of the equasion his defense has improved.

Iafeta

Referee
Yes.

Best instinctive half we've ever had IMO. His kicking game is developing. I dare say next year he'll be the man doing most of the final play options and do it well. Even the last few weeks he's jagged a lot of drop outs for us and he is actively going off his brain at forwards to do as he needs them to do.

Class act, he'll be an all time Warriors great.

SilentOne

Juniors
It's only his second year in the NRL, I think he needs to have more control Maloney seems to over call him.

Iafeta

Referee
I agree SilentOne... I'd be very surprised if Johnson is being over called by Leuluai next year. I would suggest the club will use Shaun as their dominant half and we'll see a lot of rewards from that. I've got no problems with the blokes ability to organise or his vision... he just needs the ball at the right time, and you're right, at key moments Maloney does overcall him.

hitman82

Bench
We are scoring points at an all time high, though we aren't blowing out many games.
He's up there with guys like Pearce, Prince and Thurston as far as try assists go. Shaun hasn't been running the ball as much - whether due to instruction or not I don't know - but his kicking game has come out more this season.
Barely 1.5 seasons into his career, yes I think SJ is living up to the hype.

vvvrulz

Coach
He and Martel really seem to work well together as an attacking unit, but him and Maloney not so much.

Blair

Coach
And tough too, he's hardly missed a game since his debut. Same with Maloney, two tough little buggers, we were blessed in that regard.

Shame some of our bigger blokes weren't so durable.

I'm getting on youtube to try and check out Thomas Leuluai, I can't recall him at all. Having a broken leg in ESL doesn't bode well for his toughness in the NRL.

TheDMC

Bench
And tough too, he's hardly missed a game since his debut. Same with Maloney, two tough little buggers, we were blessed in that regard.

Shame some of our bigger blokes weren't so durable.

I'm getting on youtube to try and check out Thomas Leuluai, I can't recall him at all. Having a broken leg in ESL doesn't bode well for his toughness in the NRL.

He played on with it for 14 minutes, I'd call that tough.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Haha, having a broken leg doesn't bode well..that's a pretty crazy statement. It's not a soft competition. Hell, even one of their refs broke his leg the other month. Brutal stuff.

Johnson has done more than enough to excite me for the future. He's failed to close out some games, and taken some wrong options at crucial times, but he's 21 or whatever he is. It's a learning experience. He has bulked up, isn't always injured, isn't a complete speed bump, his kicking game has improved, he's still one of, if not the most gifted attacker in the game...

Yep, we'll keep him eh.

_addict

Juniors
Haha, having a broken leg doesn't bode well..that's a pretty crazy statement. It's not a soft competition. Hell, even one of their refs broke his leg the other month. Brutal stuff.

Johnson has done more than enough to excite me for the future. He's failed to close out some games, and taken some wrong options at crucial times, but he's 21 or whatever he is. It's a learning experience. He has bulked up, isn't always injured, isn't a complete speed bump, his kicking game has improved, he's still one of, if not the most gifted attacker in the game...

Yep, we'll keep him eh.

One of their refs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZHLhFU4L88

...and how abouts Chev Walker, it makes me squirm. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOBiYCqTBqg

shiznit

Coach
I think hes coming along good... i do think he needs to take more control of games when they are in the balance...

but shit.... he's still young...

interesting to hear the JT is off contract next season... he would be the perfect 5/8 to plant outside Johnson.

what a combo that would be... come on Owen Glenn...

_addict

Juniors
I think hes coming along good... i do think he needs to take more control of games when they are in the balance...

but shit.... he's still young...

interesting to hear the JT is off contract next season... he would be the perfect 5/8 to plant outside Johnson.

what a combo that would be... come on Owen Glenn...

We'd want to land a fish like that alright. Let's get Bell on it:crazy:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Grandmother, yep.

Let's be honest, we aren't getting Thurston. He's on crazy coin in NQ, where he's settled. To come here, he's not taking anything less than half the cap. But sure, you'd at least hope the club would make the suggestion.

Warmess

Juniors
No way we're getting Thurston. He said his next contract will be his last so he's going to need insane money, and I'd guess he'll be trying to get into RL media for his post playing career.

Latest posts