What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Mcrae

Eddie.

Bench
I feel sorry for this guy.

He was very impressive during his commentary stint today. I am aware he was a regular with the commentary in the UK and was equally impressive. Provided great insight and sound knowledge, without stuttering or providing bias. They could do alot worse then rotating Lumbering Laurie every now and then and getting Mcrae on as often as possible.

Which brings me to Souths 0-6 record. Mcrae cetainly does not sound like the dills Coleman and Lankmack were. I just hope Souths can get a couple of buys in the off season, because i think with a better sqaud Mcrae could do some good work.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Look at his club and the players, the guy has done well not to be hammered by 50 each week.

Half of those games they could've won.

Im not looking forward to playing them!

Earl

Coach
Its pretty harsh to blame the lack of success on Shaun McCrae.

They need a halfback.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I read a quote by HAC during the week when asked by journo's if McCrae would last the season "You dont evaluate a person when they dont have the tools to do a job properly" and in reply to McCrae saying he didnt think about coming in to to work & having to clean out his desk, "the guy doesnt have a desk, he doesnt even have an office"
I think McCrae will be safe for at least another season, he'll slowly start to get the facilaties made available to him that every first grade coach needs, then if he isnt performing HAC might have a change of heart.

Woods99

Juniors
McRae needs to get fit, and lose weight. He looks like a blimp. How can players respect a man who is as out of shape as he is?

t-ba

Post Whore
Woods99 said:
McRae needs to get fit, and lose weight. He looks like a blimp. How can players respect a man who is as out of shape as he is?

That must be along the lines of thought that goes through WALLABY Matt Dunnings head every waking hour.

McRae, though I don't particularly rate him, deserves a shot with a decent squad and maybe, as HAC has been saying, some decent facilities!

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
i think he and gordie went to the same media training school, one's tragic, the other never takes a break; how can you really take what McCrea says seriously, when he can't obviously pass his vast knowledge onto his players?

Hindyscrack

Bench
Woods99 said:

Is that why Rugby Backs have no respect for their forwards?

Hindyscrack

Bench
dontmakemeangry said:
i think he and gordie went to the same media training school, one's tragic, the other never takes a break; how can you really take what McCrea says seriously, when he can't obviously pass his vast knowledge onto his players?

Have a look at his record in the UK, he did well with struggling clubs there. Last season he did well with what rabble he had at the rabbitohs...

I think his comments were well presented and informative, something lacking with FOX. Look at the gibberers they hire, Pearce, Freeman, Dailey. Those three can hardly string a sentence together.

Freeman in particular has to be the dumbest commentator going around. It is quite scary to think he was an international half with some of the sh*t he comes out with.

Calixte

First Grade
As the thread relates to his commentary, I'll leave my comments at that.

The Channel Nine idiots (minus Sterling) should be held down with their eyes open (A Clockwork Orange style) and forced to watch McCrae's commentary from yesterday's game...

The lack of bias was remarkably refreshing.

PS. As for the comment made by the moron Woods99, as HG and Roy would say, you need to go into the Hall of Mirrors and have a good hard look at yourself (and your fat laden code of choice).

innsaneink

Referee
A very competent and confident commentary, he has the ability to state the obvious without it seeming as though he is, also while adding extra info we dont usually get

RainMan

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Jason Taylor will be the coach in 2007!

Doesn't matter who the coach is for next year. Souths do not have quality players in the 1st 17. I really can't see anyone with a bit of talent signing for them after June 30.

As a matter of interest, when do the NRL licenses for each Club come up for re-newing? Is there a case for a new team on the CC at the cost of a poor performing Club?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
McCrea was excellent during yesterdays game. I didn't know who it was until halftime.

Certainly more insightful than Laurie Daley. Although that isn't much of an achievement.

Macca

Coach
I agree McCrea was very good. He needs to give up coaching and take a job with Fox.

Mr Saab

Referee
McRae talks without even having to think what he is going to say. Daley ums and arrs and has to choose his words. MrRaes just come right out and flow. The man knows what he is talking about. He made Daley look like a novice.
He is a sensational colour commentator and if he is not coach next yr he will be definately apart of ch9 or Foxtel.

reptar

Juniors
Even way back in the day when McRae was my PE teacher, he was far more articulate than the other PE teachers we had. Of course, he was a bit of a bastard, but what PE teacher isn't?

yobbo84

Coach
McRae is a very good commentator and a very knowledgable coach. What he lacks is:
A) decent players,
and,
B) the balls to drop overpaid hacks who aren't performing to premier league. Of course the inherent problem with that is who to replace them with!?

dubby

Bench
Woods99 said:

And the Brumbies coach needs a haircut to lose the image of wannabe surfee.
Seriously, he looks like Happy Gilmours caddy.

Woods99

Juniors
dubby said:
And the Brumbies coach needs a haircut to lose the image of wannabe surfee.
Seriously, he looks like Happy Gilmours caddy.

Doesn't seem to affect his team's performance, though, does it? Last time I looked the Brumbies were in, or close to, the top four.

The Bunnies, on the other hand, are playing like a team coached by a blimp.