What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheens Bias - Lote in over Boyd

Vic Mackey

Referee
Maybe Sheens is still pissed off Boyd and the Dragons knocked him out of the finals.

You bias Tigers fans can try to convince me as much as you want, there is no way Tuqiri should be in this team, especially over Boyd. Shouldn't even be in the squad either.

I'm sure Farah will weasel his way in to the line up somehow before the end of the 4 Nations. I'd be watching out if I was Cooper Cronk..

Lol the only biased idiot here is you

yeah Maybe that's why sheens picked Morris on the wing and left Lawrence out

fmd you are a special one aren't you

Jono1987

Juniors
I feel sorry for Boyd because he deserves to be there. In saying that I'm not against Lote getting a go but it should have been in place of Morris. I love Morris but he's had a very quiet (by his standards) second half of the year.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe Sheens is still pissed off Boyd and the Dragons knocked him out of the finals.

You bias Tigers fans can try to convince me as much as you want, there is no way Tuqiri should be in this team, especially over Boyd. Shouldn't even be in the squad either.

I'm sure Farah will weasel his way in to the line up somehow before the end of the 4 Nations. I'd be watching out if I was Cooper Cronk..
you whinge about Tuqiri yet believe Dean Young deserves to be in the squad.

nuff said

meltiger

First Grade

haha

I love it when Broncos fans accuse Tigers fans of bias when it comes to arguments over Tigers players v former Broncos players.

Just like the "bias" screeching when it comes to Farah V Made for Origin

Never ceases to amuse

typicalfan

Coach
I don't see the problem. Tuqiri is a big strong talented winger who is dangerous in his own right like Hayne. If Sheens feels he needs someone like that on the wing and guys like Boyd, Lawrence or Tate can't do that job themselves then he needs to look outside the squad.

Boyd has been good in origin but outside Inglis. Inglis won't be playing and Sheens may feel he wants him as the back up fullback instead, especially now that Hayne is out.

Sheens will more often than not get the players he wants but that is ok as long as it is successful.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
what about loyalty to boyd over a 2 time code defector...

sad thing in league is we're so happy to get them back we just ignore any sh*t they caused to the code when they defected. ANYONE who defect to another code and comes back shouldnt be considered for rep selection for 2 years.

it was disgusting seieng tahu selected for nsw after a few games (especially since he was sh*t)

user_nat

Coach
haha

I love it when Broncos fans accuse Tigers fans of bias when it comes to arguments over Tigers players v former Broncos players.

Just like the "bias" screeching when it comes to Farah V Made for Origin

Never ceases to amuse

Tuquri and Boyd are both former Broncos though?

meltiger

First Grade
Tuquri and Boyd are both former Broncos though?

Yeah fair point, though Lote left in different circumstances than the others of course and has been gone for a lot longer

FWIW, it's no defence of Lote's selection, I wouldn't have picked either of them

Meth

Staff member
Lote > Boyd (as a winger), i dont see the problem.

Its a shame that the fullback spot is to competitive because Boyd deserves to be there. But I agree that as a winger, Tuqiri is better

Big Pete

Referee
Going by the criticism you would've sworn Farah was picked over Smith.

Tuqiri is a much more dangerous winger than Boyd and in a side lacking options out wide having him there will be a huge bonus.

Personally, I would've preferred Boyd over Morris but that was never going to happen.

Meth

Staff member
Personally, I would've preferred Boyd over Morris but that was never going to happen.

I would be the same

Personally, I didn't think Morris kicked on this year. Last year he was heading for best winger in the competition if he wasn't already there. But he was underwhelming in rep football this year and, despite scoring 20 odd tries, I think Nightingale was far better for the Dragons.

user_nat

Coach
I would be the same

Personally, I didn't think Morris kicked on this year. Last year he was heading for best winger in the competition if he wasn't already there. But he was underwhelming in rep football this year and, despite scoring 20 odd tries, I think Nightingale was far better for the Dragons.

He did score both Australia's trys in the Anzac test. Admittedly you could stick anyone on the wing for Australia and they would probably score (except Hayne, it would seem).

Very average in origin though.

user_nat

Coach
Good point. However, David Williams was also pretty horrible in other ways (dropping the ball in particular).

I don't really recall Morris doing anything wrong (for Australia). He wasn't amazing by any means. Infact, he was pretty similar to how Boyd is for Queensland.

I'm going to stop defending Morris though, since I was pretty critical of him in Origin this year. Being critical is more fun also.

Meth

Staff member
Good point. However, David Williams was also pretty horrible in other ways (dropping the ball in particular).

I don't really recall Morris doing anything wrong (for Australia). He wasn't amazing by any means. Infact, he was pretty similar to how Boyd is for Queensland.

I'm going to stop defending Morris though, since I was pretty critical of him in Origin this year. Being critical is more fun also.

The game is too far back to guarantee that I am remembering correctly, but I do vaguely remember thinking Nightingale got the better of him that night and the two tries (or at least one of them) being a direct result of playing outside of G. Inglis

Springs

First Grade
I remember Morris falling over the ten metre line unmarked with ball in hand against the Kiwis. Haha.

Big Pete

Referee
User nat - If you thought his bomb try in Origin was bad...some of his efforts in the Four Nations were worse.

Bombed at least 3 tries from memory...and most of his haul came against France.

Latest posts