What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield 2011/12 Thread

aussies1st

Staff member
Strange thing is they seem to be unified when playing T20, probably because a) Champions League b) After getting in CL the prize money. When NSW won the first ever CL the team was in perfect harmony even when the Sixers did it they looked like that. Team of underdogs overcoming the odds.

Red Bear

Referee
Anyone know where was Katich or Maddinson for the blues today?

I cant fathon s smith batting at 4, Haddin at 5, and what the f..k is Hauritz in the side for when SOK is playing...at the WACA as well. Weird side
Smiths at least been scoring runs. 98 batting at three last match.

Maddinson has not been scoring runs at all. No one performing with the bat (bar Nev who got dropped and Katich who is hurt) and our fast bowling stocks just hit by injury and australian selection.

Been rubbish this season.

aussies1st

Staff member
Davis must average must have been really crap before this season as despite his great season it is only just above 30. Pretty embarrasing when you stack your side with bowlers and you can't get any wickets. And at this rate Watson will be injured again through having to bowl so many overs.

Earl

Coach
Wow just wow.

NSW could only manage 91 on the pitch, Liam Davis and Adam Voges have batted through the day on it.

Davis 230* and Voges 160*

Tweed Titan

Bench
What a joke this team is. Should we be renamed the bLOSE? Worst effort in the history of the Shield competition possibly?

Someone has to fall on their sword for this BS.

Going to be a good finish to the shield season... assuming WA and TAS get the 6pts in the current games, the ladder will be...

WA 32 - to play VIC (h) TAS (a)
QLD 30 - to play NSW (a) SA (h)
TAS 28 - to play SA (a) WA (h)
VIC 24 - to play WA (a) NSW (h)

beads6

First Grade
I'd say whoever is coach at the Blues will be gone pretty shortly. That is probably the worst display of cricket from any state I can remember.

MSIH

Bench
It's that Anthony Stuart merkin isn't it? I always hated that chump, and I hate him even more right now.

aussies1st

Staff member
Something definitely needs to change, the selections have been pathetic and these batsmen should not be slumping to these totals.

Timbo

Staff member
Have you seen some of the cattle they've got in the NSW 2nds though?

David Dawson batting at 4. David Dawson. The same David Dawson who averaged 20 odd batting at 3 for Tasmania before getting the flick over 5 years ago.

It's bizarre.

yappy

Bench
We've exported all of our good 2nd XI players and some of them are currently playing for Australia (Cowan, Forrest, Christian).

Something is seriously not right in the joint. Don't know if it's Stuart, or SOK getting the (c) over Kat or what it is, but there's no fight there.

Oh and Hadds, been a huge fan, loved your work for years, but just f**k off and retire will ya.

Earl

Coach
Have you seen some of the cattle they've got in the NSW 2nds though?

David Dawson batting at 4. David Dawson. The same David Dawson who averaged 20 odd batting at 3 for Tasmania before getting the flick over 5 years ago.

It's bizarre.

To be fair David Dawson has scored about a billion runs in the Sydney comp this year.

beads6

First Grade
I still think giving SOK the captaincy was dumb. Not sure why you would take the captaincy off Katich. That has had to have an affect

Timbo

Staff member
What's with O'Keefe now being the first change bowler too?

Is it a plan or is he just letting the captaincy go to his head?

aussies1st

Staff member
Yea was strange giving SOK the captaincy, the only good thing was it ensured he would play however that may have dropped his standards.

yappy

Bench
What's with O'Keefe now being the first change bowler too?

Is it a plan or is he just letting the captaincy go to his head?

He has the best record in the team apart from maybe Watto who was clearly under orders to keep the workload down. He was probably our best bowler and kept it pretty tight. Earlier in the season he was underbowling himself. With the lack of options we're currently fielding I'd rather he overbowl himself than underbowl himself.

What we need is some of our quicks back. Starc looks like he'll play the next game which is a big boost.

Then we need to batsmen to harden the f**k up.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Wow, great performance by NSW.

Got run through by Michael Beer taking 7 for with his left arm straight ones. Haddin a pair. And a triple century to Davis, who was Ponsford-like to go down by an innings and 323 runs

There WERE 8 Australian hopefuls in that NSW lineup.

Latest posts