What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield shield 2012/13 thread

The Joker

Juniors
Two things to come out of that game were Zampa's debut which was solid and Steve Smith who bowled offies in the second innings instead of leggies

TheParraboy

Staff member
Zampa looks a prospect, keen to see how the young bloke developes over the next couple of seasons

The Joker

Juniors
I just hope he doesn't turn into another Steve Smith or Cameron White. He's bowling average in the future league is not great, mid 30s I think and he's a useful with the bat. He's still probably one of the better young spin prospects in the country atm with Ashton Turner

aussies1st

Staff member
Zampa has always been more in the bowling side, Smith and White more in the batting so I can't see him going down that road. If there is any road he would be going down it would be Callum Bailey, fingers crossed he doesn't.

The Joker

Juniors
Zampa has always been more in the bowling side, Smith and White more in the batting so I can't see him going down that road. If there is any road he would be going down it would be Callum Bailey, fingers crossed he doesn't.

hahaha Callum Bailey, the great South Australian white hype. Regardless unless NSW are prepared to drop their captain or move him on, Zampa will need to go interstate to get a decent go. There's not many Australian pitches including Sydney these days where you need two spinners.

Patorick

Staff member
About time...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/597716.html

Stuart sacked as coach of New South Wales

ESPNcricinfo staff

December 19, 2012

Anthony Stuart has been sacked as coach of New South Wales after a board meeting in Sydney on Tuesday night.

Stuart took over as head coach in May 2011 and his two-year contract was due to expire at the end of this season, but Cricket New South Wales has confirmed in a statement that Stuart has finished his coaching duties with the state "with immediate effect". Chandika Hathurusingha, the former Sri Lanka Test player who was an assistant coach under Stuart, will take over as acting head coach for the rest of the 2012-13 season.

Stuart has not had a particularly successful tenure since he took over from Matthew Mott last year; the Blues won only one Sheffield Shield game last summer. This season they were sitting in fourth position with two wins at the time of his departure, and in the Ryobi Cup they had managed only one victory from four games.

"At a meeting of the NSW cricket board last evening it was determined that Anthony Stuart's contract to coach the NSW SpeedBlitz Blues will not be renewed and he has finished duties as head coach with immediate effect," Cricket New South Wales said in a statement.

The chief executive David Gilbert said: "Cricket NSW records its thanks to Anthony for his efforts and commitment over the past 18 months. We wish Anthony well in his future endeavours."

Stuart, the former fast bowler who took a hat-trick in one of his three ODI appearances for Australia, had been coach of Wellington in New Zealand before he joined New South Wales.

Red Bear

Referee
Zampa looks a prospect, keen to see how the young bloke developes over the next couple of seasons
I bowled him out in junior cricket once (he's a couple of years younger than me I think)

Anyway, re Stuart, seems a bit strange after a very good win and a win off equal first with a game in hand and a largely improved performance thus far, bar some poor batting innings. Not a bad move though.

Hopefully whoever is in next drops maddison to grade cricket for a while.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Couple of sheild games coming up

NSW v West Aus at Sydney Jan 24-27, 2013
South Aust v Victoria at Adelaide Jan 24-27, 2013

NSW need to win this one, takes them to outright 3rd if they do

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
NSW dont really have any fit bowlers and Starc is in the Aussie team

Selections will be interesting.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Couple of sheild games coming up

NSW v West Aus at Sydney Jan 24-27, 2013
South Aust v Victoria at Adelaide Jan 24-27, 2013

NSW need to win this one, takes them to outright 3rd if they do

Victorian squad

Chris Rogers, Rob Quiney, Michael Hill, David Hussey, Cameron White (capt), Peter Handscomb (wk), John Hastings, Will Sheridan, James Pattinson, Scott Boland, James Muirhead, Fawad Ahmed.

booligal bill

Juniors
Great to see the Vics name two leggies in their 12. I liked the little I saw of Muirhead last year and Fawad Ahmed is a great story. Look forward to seeing how they go if picked to start.

Latest posts