What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield: VIC vs NSW

how on earth does Greg Mail keep getting a spot in the NSW team!? Sure i know he scored 180 for uni last weekend , but FMD how many times does this clown need to fail at shield level for the selectors to pick a youngster?

Sure he's only there through injury , but come on!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Both sides look pretty week, the Vics have 2 keepers batting in there top 6. And we have Mail :?

VIC don't have a spinner after Holland strained a muscle in the 2nd XI game the other day and was named 12th man.

Unless there is some miraculous form turnaround, the VIC tail starts at #5... although Wright and McKay have made some very hand runs down the order making a couple of 50s each.

aussies1st

Staff member
And that is why the selectors made the right choice leaving him here, have to make sure he has found his form before letting him in the Test side. Don't want a repeat of what happened to Hayden

Timbo

Staff member
How is Mail captaining NSW ahead of Thornley?

I for one don't mind Mail in the shield team. Usually solid as a rock up the top. But him as skipper is an odd one.

How is Mail captaining NSW ahead of Thornley?

I for one don't mind Mail in the shield team. Usually solid as a rock up the top. But him as skipper is an odd one.

Where did you see that?

cricket australia commentary says Thornley won the toss.

and mail solid? are you serious? he has a solid record of getting out for not much.

The over after Mail brought up his 100 he gets out to 'The Duke' who got his first FC wicket. He then got Casson for 0 in the same over.

NSW 7/185

VIC are a mile behind the over rate... Hodge is into his 17th over and Hastings has bowled 17. New ball hasn't been taken yet and there is 12 overs remaining and 20mins.

NSW 7/199 84th over

Edit: Lambert becomes Hodge's first victim... 16 off 63

8/199

Last edited:

fish eel

Immortal
Regardless of how Greg Mail is going, he shouldnt be in the side.

Players like him shouldnt be clogging up first class teams and keeping young players out - that problem afflicted county cricket for a long time and is doing the same thing here.

Timbo

Staff member
Where did you see that?

cricket australia commentary says Thornley won the toss.

and mail solid? are you serious? he has a solid record of getting out for not much.

Cricinfo has Mail listed as the skipper.

He's usually quite good at the top of the order. NSW is a bit bare bones at the moment, I've got no problem with him being in there.