What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sherwin > Newcastle rumours

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not sure where it's come from... I haven't heard a peep, but in the front section of this weeks Big League, there's a bit of a write up suggesting Bulldog Brent Sherwin is set to move to Newcastle, possibly immediately... :-s

Anyone got any goss? I can't find any online articles about it.

aussies1st

Staff member
Wouldn't surprise me the way Sherwin is being treated. Mullen could definitely use an experienced halve like Sherwin.

voltron

Juniors
no way!
wow
thats an interesting prospect
pretty exciting too

yeah any articles would be good

[furrycat]

Coach
Sherwin is going everywhere apparently :roll: Its all speculation and BS and the dogs have no intention of letting him go midseason.

He'll be playing this week in first grade- this is Moffo's big financial news.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Moffo's big financial news. :lol:

You know I almost pray that Roberts pulls up with a minor injury tonight so Shifty plays.

[furrycat]

Coach
Big rumours around the club that he is playing regardless, so it could just mean Roberts gets a rest/bench, Ngawini to PL Halfback. Highly doubt they'd drop Roberts but there is a huge write up in the DT about it today and from a few people close.

Either way, Sherwin ain't going anywhere. Dogs say they aren't going to let him go Midseason and even Shifty has said he doesn't want to go.

Big League's greatest hits:
- Mason to the Roosters for 2006 and beyond
- Sonny Bill to St Helens
- Willie Tonga has already pencilled a deal with Union. He will announce it next week. Oh wait... he just signed with the dogs :crazy:
- Sources say Jamie Lyon will never play in the NRL again and said he'd rather retire.

Big League is the same as Danny Wielder with their little predictions- BS.

[furrycat]

Coach
Roberts is not that bad- he is developing well.
If Shifty plays this weekend and I hope to god he does, he needs to play at his best to stay there or Folkes won't tolerate it. 2004 form or nothing.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Yeah, Folkes doesn't tolerate poor form ie Roberts. how the hell is he still in 1st grade ffs.

[furrycat]

Coach
Dogaholic said:
Yeah, Folkes doesn't tolerate poor form ie Roberts. how the hell is he still in 1st grade ffs.

He hasn't thought that Sherwin is ready to come back with his mental state- who else are they going to put in there?

If he threw Sherwin in when he was feeling down, its going to make it worse if he fails.
He's had a few good games under his belt in PL so it makes the transition easier and makes him hungrier.

You can't blame Roberts for our losses :p He hasn't done much wrong and theres pletny of others who need to pick up their act.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Brian Smith won't die wondering with Sherwin, he's a massive fan of his who tried to get him at Parra back in 03 I think and the offer was healthy enough for Canterbury to throw a 5 year deal to the value of 500K per season at him..

when Smith likes someone he'll try and sign him until the player retires.

i think the dogs will give him a chance to prove himself this week, there are rumours that he is playing this week:

Sherwin returns in wave of controversy
By James Phelps
April 20, 2007 BULLDOGS playmaker Brent Sherwin is poised to make a shock return this weekend after a furore erupted between the club and Sydney radio station 2GB yesterday.

The future of the premiership-winning half was the subject of speculation this week after he spent the past four weeks in reserve grade.

With current halfback Ben Roberts playing for New Zealand tonight, Sherwin is tipped to make his top-grade return against Parramatta Eels on Sunday.

Sparks flew between 2GB host Ray Hadley and Bulldogs boss Malcolm Noad yesterday, as the Bulldogs retracted a statement in which they had accused Hadley of saying Sherwin was "lazy, overweight, had a bad attitude and focused more on his social life than football".

The comments were, in fact, made by a caller to Hadley's Continuous Call program at the weekend.

source: http://www.nospam25.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=30769

Latest posts