What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shit Crowd

agreed.

So anyway the game is looking a "sell out" on ticketek. ET stand is allocation exhaused. PB stand is close to that and so is southern stand.

my question is this, how many tickets are designated for sponsors and the like that dont actually get used?

Well just about all of the ET stand is season ticket holders and a small minority of them dont rock up to every game (myself included), but they can't re-sell those places, so they tend to remain empty.

carcharias

Immortal
Buy a season ticket, otherwise, stop sooking.

Exactly!
I actually physically picked my seat during the off season.

I can see the big screen without the sun hindering it.
Plus
I have a tv right in front of me .
In the shade
Under cover
Even have a Jesus bar in front of us just in case I pass out.

The best part is telling the plebs who sit there to f**k off when we arrive.
They look at their tix and back at the seat like they didn't know or some shit.

webShark

Cronulla Junior league played trials on SUNDAY this year for whatever reason.

Averaging 15k against 2 out of town teams is fantastic.

Where do you lot get your info from? Como played Under 6's through to A Grade trials on SATURDAY! Games from 9.30 am to about 6.15pm. Mini, mod and main field. My son played A Grade trial and went to Sharks the next day. So we have 'the weather was too good' and trials were on. Amazing.

well i come from interstate so its not the greatest financial move for me to get a season seat.

never the less, i wanna know how the seating get sold.

cos the ticketek dude showed me all the taken seats and i get there and its 12k.

newman

First Grade
Where do you lot get your info from? Como played Under 6's through to A Grade trials on SATURDAY! Games from 9.30 am to about 6.15pm. Mini, mod and main field. My son played A Grade trial and went to Sharks the next day. So we have 'the weather was too good' and trials were on. Amazing.

Well I know that Cronulla Caringbah, De La and Sutho all trialled YESTERDAY. Why would Como trial A grade on a Saturday? Because things are all over the shop.

One of the most hillarious things about LU is the constant hand wringing about crowds.

RgSharks

Juniors

I play for cronulla caringbah and we definitely played on Sunday. The whole team was complaining about not being on the piss at the sharks game.

Hopefully the Junior League is mindful of this during the season because the sharks have a few Sunday games this year.

webShark

I play for cronulla caringbah and we definitely played on Sunday. The whole team was complaining about not being on the piss at the sharks game.

Hopefully the Junior League is mindful of this during the season because the sharks have a few Sunday games this year.

Hadnt realised. The Como trial may not have been organised by the junior league. A Grade and senior teams played Jamberoo and Reknown (out of area teams)

newman

First Grade
All the trials were organised by the individual clubs. You didnt know that but that didnt stop you having a mini meltdown did it?

RgSharks

Juniors
Yep all the club organised the trials themselves on the weekend.

We wanted our games changed to Saturday.

Stinkler

Juniors
Seriously though, it was fuggen hot.

At least the St Johns Ambo people were walking around with sunscreen.

MightySharks

Bench
People paid for the tickets and didn't turn up due to the heat, we still get the money so it's all good.

Average 15000 and we will get a big crowd this week.

Panda Power 78

Juniors
No worries...New Zealand have no away supporters. Next week Steelers v Cronulla 22 000 for sure.

The capacity is way less than 22K
It hasn't been tested since the Southern Stand was built & the power stack on the hill removed but my understanding is the legal capacity is less than 20,000 - I've been told the ground record will never / can't be broken.

spider

Coach
I would lean toward some crowd figures being inflated back in that day.

Seriously f**king inflated

newman

First Grade
The capacity is way less than 22K
It hasn't been tested since the Southern Stand was built & the power stack on the hill removed but my understanding is the legal capacity is less than 20,000 - I've been told the ground record will never / can't be broken.

Absolutely correct.

Quigs

Immortal
I remember the record crowd at Sutho Oval back in '67'.

I've got a pic somewhere..... hang on, here it is.

mm14-1.jpg