What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short memories

Azkatro

First Grade
I went to an Origin game at Telstra (now ANZ) a few years back, Maroon jersey and all. I was bitterly disappointed with the complete lack of curry I was given. I expected nothing less than for people to give it to me left, right and centre ... but I copped barely a murmur. And NSW won!

Knightmare

Coach
Each QLD supporter I have spoken to, a large majority cosidering I work in Brissy, thinks that the series is a whitewash, without one tackle being made in anger. As I said in the original thread, not all QLD supporters Shorty.

Still trying to take the underdog tag Shorty, thats funny.

Do you know something the bookies don't ?
Centrebet
Game 1 QLD $1.53 - NSW $2.50 Series QLD $1.48 - NSW $2.65
Sportingbet
Game 1 QLD $1.57 - NSW $2.45 Series QLD $1.50 - NSW $2.60
Luxbet
Game 1 QLD $1.56 - NSW $2.45 Series QLD $1.50 - NSW $2.60

Have you seen that Maroons 'History in the making' shirt yet, with the 2009 series counted on it just below 2006, 2007 and 2008? If you haven't, you can find them in A-Mart all sports in Queen St. :lol: God it will be funny if that backfires...

Knightmare

Coach
I went to an Origin game at Telstra (now ANZ) a few years back, Maroon jersey and all. I was bitterly disappointed with the complete lack of curry I was given. I expected nothing less than for people to give it to me left, right and centre ... but I copped barely a murmur. And NSW won!

Substitute Suncorp for ANZ, your Maroon jersey for my sky Blue one, and a few years back for last year and you have my story.

Ditto a few years before that in Cairns, on the eve of the Game 3 decider, the worst I got was a few schoolgirls yelling "Go Queensland!" in Cairns Central. Got a few "Go the Blues!" calls but!

Joker's Wild

Coach

Substitute Suncorp for ANZ, your Maroon jersey for my sky Blue one, and a few years back for last year and you have my story.

Ditto a few years before that in Cairns, on the eve of the Game 3 decider, the worst I got was a few schoolgirls yelling "Go Queensland!" in Cairns Central. Got a few "Go the Blues!" calls but!

2006, my 1st year in Brissy and I was regaled with stories on how Blues supporters who go within 1km of the Caxton Hotel at Origin time are quote "pelted with beer and taken out the back to be flogged". Imagine my surprise when I turn up there for Origin 1 that year in my NSW kit and not even 1 smartarse comment is thrown my way let alone a schooner of beer.

Lots of talk leading up to games but very little walk

Billigan

Juniors
queenslanders do have more passion the nswelshmen. and to prove this everyone of our players want to play soo and not all nsw players want to play, aka jamie lyon at the start of the season didnt want to play soo.

you would never ever here a queenslander say that

Joker's Wild

Coach
queenslanders do have more passion the nswelshmen. and to prove this everyone of our players want to play soo and not all nsw players want to play, aka jamie lyon at the start of the season didnt want to play soo.

It only proves that Jamie Lyon has no passion and is a twat

Suggesting anyhing else is ignorance and grose generalisation

_Johnsy

Referee
300CoverMay27.jpg

:roll::roll:

_Johnsy

Referee

One player (Lyon) said that a month or two ago. I take it you didn't hear his comment last week ? Totally different comment from Lyon.

Dazzat

First Grade
I'll see your arrogant claim and raise you a contemptous "our players have out performed yours over the 10 rounds thus far"

I wisely interpret below-par performances by some Queensland players as energy and passion preservation for Wednesday night, and cunningly keeping our best tricks secret.

sass

Juniors
Inglis doesn't want to play for you either.

Inglis chose to play for whichever would put him in the origin team first and at the time it was qld ... he seems happy though. good luck to him.

god I feel dirty just saying that.

Dazzat

First Grade
Thank christ for that, no backbone or integrity. You can have him.

... but we'll keep reminding you that he should be playing for NSW ... again, and again, and again ...... but you can have him but ....

Let it go Johnsy ... let it go ...

Knightmare

Coach
F**k him. Wouldn't see NSW taking a Qlder into our team. If that's how the Maroons do business, so be it. State of Origin these days is NSW vs the XXXX Dream Team.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Inglis chose to play for whichever would put him in the origin team first and at the time it was qld

You're wrong there:

Courtesy of the Courier-Mail / By Steve Ricketts

MEET the family who helped make Greg Inglis feel like a Queenslander. Adrian Coolwell, his wife Mary and sons Jake and Zac are the Australian winger's second family.

The Coolwells took Inglis in as a 16-year-old after he was signed by the Melbourne Storm from Macksville on the NSW North Coast in 2003.

They will be in the crowd alongside Inglis's parents and siblings at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday night for the Great Britain Tri-Nations clash.

Adrian, a former first grade league player with Wests and cricketer with Valleys, was a regular at Wizard Cup matches involving Storm feeder club Norths.

He was approached by Norths official John Ribot and coach Gary Greinke to take Inglis in as a boarder.

"They felt Greg would be a lot more comfortable living with an Aboriginal family," Adrian said yesterday.

"We were living at Wavell Heights at the time and Greg loved to play football on the footpath with our boys and the neighbourhood kids.

"He's the same bloke today and he hasn't forgotten those kids.

"I remember watching him play for Norths Colts for the first time and he scored two tries.

"I said to Gary (Greinke) it won't be long before he's in the Wizard Cup. When he got his
chance he scored two tries in the centres against Wynnum and then four against Easts the next time he played.

"I said to Gary, I don't think it will be long before he is playing with the big boys in the NRL."

Inglis made his debut against Parramatta in round 6, 2005 and that season played a mixture of NRL and Queensland Cup winning The Courier Mail best and fairest award for his efforts at Norths.

This year he made his Queensland State of Origin debut and played in Melbourne's 15-8 grand final loss to Brisbane winning selection in the Australian side.

Controversy still rages in Sydney about his eligibility for Queensland given that he was brought up in NSW.

The ARL gave Inglis the green light to play for Queensland because it ruled his first senior football was at Wavell High.

Coolwell says Inglis always wanted to play for Queensland.

"He grew up supporting Queensland because Arthur Beetson, our first Origin captain and an Aboriginal, was one of his heroes," Coolwell said.

The Coolwells now live at Milton, literally a punt kick away from Suncorp Stadium, and when the Inglis family travels from Macksville for the big matches they park their cars in the yard.

"We usually have a cup of tea before going to the game and another one waiting for the traffic to thin out," Coolwell said.

http://www.qrl.com.au/display.php?pg_id=2437

Latest posts