What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short memories

Mr Saab

Referee
Pre-game banter is a different thing compared to blatant arrogance

"Will QLD win 5 series in a row, we'll sure as hell win 4. NSW has absolutely nothing that worries me".

QLD will win 5 series in a row Johnsy....arrogance? Noooo just the facts

Dazzat

First Grade
How quickly some QLDérs have forgotten what origin is about, afterall we have been told origin is always a 50-50 prospect. It is rather ironic that QLDérs in general, have become exactly what they once despised.

No ... I've never despised a team in State of Origin that's won four series in a row ... and I saw that quite arrogantly while wearing my four series win Queensland SOO jersey.

Shorty

Staff member
LOL - What makes you so confident that NSW can repeat what Queensland did Knightmare?
Hell they had their chance in 2006 and couldn't do it.

What do you think this Queensland team is suddenly going to become crap?

Mr Saab

Referee
Have you seen that Maroons 'History in the making' shirt yet, with the 2009 series counted on it just below 2006, 2007 and 2008? If you haven't, you can find them in A-Mart all sports in Queen St. :lol: God it will be funny if that backfires...

We need a 2010 shirt now..

Shorty

Staff member
Y'know it's hilarious how Knightmare is crying his eyes out about Queensland having the nerve to have a '4th series straight' shirt, yet apparently NSW has been determined to not only win next year's series, but apparently 3 - 0.

Knightmare

Coach
Y'know it's hilarious how Knightmare is crying his eyes out about Queensland having the nerve to have a '4th series straight' shirt, yet apparently NSW has been determined to not only win next year's series, but apparently 3 - 0.

I didn't say that anywhere. And before the 2006 series, NSW didn't release shirts commemorating winning a 4th straight Origin. As Mario Fenech said, the wheel turns, and I would be very, very surprised if there doesn't come a time again (in most of our lifetimes) where NSW have won 3 series straight and are staring down the barrel of #4. Only Brett Hodgson's lack of ability at catching a football stopped us in 2006.

Shorty

Staff member
^How do you know NSW didn't? Did you call and ask every sports store?
Dumb statement.

Coulda', shoulda', woulda'.
The only word used is didn't.

You whine on and on about Queensland arrogance but you can't accept that Queensland may had cemented it's place in the history books for quite some time.
That they couldn't possibly have done something better than NSW could be capable of...

Boganater

Juniors
Even as a proud New South Welshman I have to agree with Shorty, we got pumped fair and square. For whatever reasons -selections, performance, coaching, someone's cat died before the game, we weren't good enough in the end. We may have more pain on the way, we may win the next 10 series.You can only judge on what has just happened and you just have to accept they were better than us. QLD can bag us all they like hell,I would be too if I'd just won a 4th straight series. No Excuses

Big Pete

Referee
:lol:

Who remembers the 3rd State of Origin in 2000 when all the Blues players started using rehersed post-try celebrations? I certainly remember and if that isn't arrogance, I don't know what is.

Fact is winners are grinners and we beat your side despite the adversity...once more to record our names in Origin history.

Also using your theory, who's to say Queensland won't go onto win the next 10 series leaving Blues fans so deflated the Origin concept dies out?

It's about as credible as your theory.

Mong

Post Whore
There should be one "NSW crying like little girls" thread.. It would be 500 pages long by now..

League Legend

Juniors
Nothing arrogant about having shirts done up prior. Hell Basketball, Base Ball, Soccer, and American Football teams do it in preparation for a title win.

Unlike NSW, it's just another part of Origin QLD prepared for.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Nothing arrogant about having shirts done up prior. Hell Basketball, Base Ball, Soccer, and American Football teams do it in preparation for a title win.

Unlike NSW, it's just another part of Origin QLD prepared for.

I think the issue was that the T-shirts were on sale before the series was won. Team shirts stating "Team X - Premiers" etc etc dont go on sale until after the game is finished and "Team X" has actually won.

As it stands it was correct but it could have easily blown up in the QRLs faces if NSW managed to jag a win.

Charlie124

First Grade
I didn't say that anywhere. And before the 2006 series, NSW didn't release shirts commemorating winning a 4th straight Origin. As Mario Fenech said, the wheel turns, and I would be very, very surprised if there doesn't come a time again (in most of our lifetimes) where NSW have won 3 series straight and are staring down the barrel of #4. Only Brett Hodgson's lack of ability at catching a football stopped us in 2006.

The fact that it has the words "in the making" means its not commemorating anything, its a prediction. You cant commemorate something that hasn't happened yet.

Dazzat

First Grade
Totally agreed with the article in the Sunday Mail on the weekend. Bryan Fletcher's "grenade after try celebration" of 2005 was the most arrogant act in Origin history and has been a major motivator to the four-peat.

Shorty

Staff member
Yes I remember that series and their f**king arrogance.
Seriously the nerve of people, and bet your bottom dollar if Queensland dares to do anything similar in game III this year NSWelshmen will be whining all over again!

Knightmare

Coach
To answer Shorty, no, in 2006, in none of the sports stores I was in did I see a 'NSW 4 in a row, f**k the Rednecks' etc. shirt.

As for 2000, perhaps it's selective memory but post-try celebrations were commonplace in the NRL comp at the time, inspired by The Footy Show challenging players to come up with the best post-try celebration. I don't understand how NSW players celebrating like they did every week for their NRL teams is the "Height of arrogance" yet Chris Close in his role as a Qld official, giving the NSW bench the one finger salute is perfectly fine? :?

Latest posts