What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short memories

hellteam

First Grade
I've got 2 framed pieces of memorabilia in my room celebrating the 3 series wins in a row.... now we've won 4 and it's possibly become worthless!

What a good problem to have :D

Dazzat

First Grade
I've got 2 framed pieces of memorabilia in my room celebrating the 3 series wins in a row.... now we've won 4 and it's possibly become worthless!

What a good problem to have :D

Knightmare may want to buy them as targets ... he needs something to take out his frustrations because this Discussion Board just isn't working for him.

Big Pete

Referee
Yes Knightmare but the Blues took the whole Post Try Celebration to another level. Before it used to be between one or possibly two players, this one featured about 6-7 and was obviously rehersed.

Fact is winners are grinners, losers can help themselves.

Shorty

Staff member
^As a result with that disrespectful arrogance, it's no wonder Choppy flipped the bird.

Knightmare

Coach
Yes Knightmare but the Blues took the whole Post Try Celebration to another level. Before it used to be between one or possibly two players, this one featured about 6-7 and was obviously rehersed.

Fact is winners are grinners, losers can help themselves.

No, the Raiders had done rehearsed one involving the whole team which simulated bowling pins being rolled over. It was at Bruce Stadium against the Knights if I remember correctly.

Mr Saab

Referee
No, the Raiders had done rehearsed one involving the whole team which simulated bowling pins being rolled over. It was at Bruce Stadium against the Knights if I remember correctly.

And this one was also rehearsed. The entire NSW team fell to the ground when Fletcher "threw" the hand grinade.

Knightmare

Coach
Of course it was rehearsed. What I am saying is that post-try celebrations, and rehearsed post-try celebrations, were being practised throughout the whole comp at the time, and not just "Typical NSW arrogance".

Mr Saab

Referee
And there is a time and a place to perform them. QLD have their revenge with 4 straight series wins

Knightmare

Coach
Ok, so:

-NSW winning 3-0 in 1986 was karma for Qld winning the series from 1982-84
-NSW winning Origin in 1994 was karma for Qld winning Game 1 in Sydney
-Qld winning 3-0 in 1995 was karma for NSW winning from 1992-94
-NSW winning 3-0 in 1996 was karma for the year before

See where this is going?

Shorty

Staff member
Except those are actually historic, if you're implying what I think.
You've gotta' get a team that can actually be competitive in the game without the refs' hand before you start sprouting over achieving crap.

Big Pete

Referee
People please, you're all losing sight!

Going back to Game 3 2000 a number of people in the NSWs media came out and said that Origin was dead and there was no way Queensland would be able to compete, they do this everytime they win a couple of games and yet everytime Queensland always responds. I've yet to hear a Queensland journalist suggest that yet and I don't know about you but suggesting that something's dead because they perceive they're far too good is much more arrogant than a T-Shirt that says 4 years in the making.

The right word isn't revenge, nor is it karma - it's motivation. For years a number of those involved in the Queenslandd camp were haunted by those memories of Game 3 2000 and obviously when you've already won the past three Origins, retaining that desire and hunger plays a major role in recording a historic victory.

Look, nothing is impossible in Rugby League, New South Wales could go onto win 5 in a row, but on the same basis, Queensland could win the next ten.

You just never know with Rugby League and that's why it's the greatest sport in the world.

Joker's Wild

Coach
In my belief, this is the series NSW had to lose. For far too long the way the team is run, selected and prepared for an Origin series has been nothing short of lazy. Thats right, lazy lazy lazy farkin lazy.

The selectors in the past have been able to pick a dominant player (Fittler, Johns, etc) then build a team around them. These players had the skill, experience and natural leadership to motivate teams on their own. All the team staff had to do was point the boys out the tunnel and let them do their thing.

Nowadays (ie since 2006) NSW has lacked that standout player and the selectors have crapped their dacks. They actually had to think about who they were selecting in positions and if those players fell short the big bad axe was brought down hard. How is a team supposed to gell when they are changed so much not only from year to year but from game to game?

Who is motivating these players now? Without the Joeys or the Freddys out there to inspire, these kids seem to have to lift themselves. Where's the past greats in the sheds telling them "You're wearing the #9 kid. I bled in that jersey and Ill tell you why...." and Im not just talking about having Johns and Carty as assistant coaches but farkin fill the sheds with Blues legends like Blocker, O'Conner, Turvey, Guru, Freddy, Chicka, Backdoor, Mary and get them in every young blokes ear about how much that jersey means and how bloody great it feels to put those Qlders in their place.

The sh*t has gone on far too long. If there arnt real changes to the teams back office after this year then NSW are developing a real losing culture and it kills me to see it.

League Legend

Juniors
In my belief, this is the series NSW had to lose. For far too long the way the team is run, selected and prepared for an Origin series has been nothing short of lazy. Thats right, lazy lazy lazy farkin lazy.

The selectors in the past have been able to pick a dominant player (Fittler, Johns, etc) then build a team around them. These players had the skill, experience and natural leadership to motivate teams on their own. All the team staff had to do was point the boys out the tunnel and let them do their thing.

Nowadays (ie since 2006) NSW has lacked that standout player and the selectors have crapped their dacks. They actually had to think about who they were selecting in positions and if those players fell short the big bad axe was brought down hard. How is a team supposed to gell when they are changed so much not only from year to year but from game to game?

Who is motivating these players now? Without the Joeys or the Freddys out there to inspire, these kids seem to have to lift themselves. Where's the past greats in the sheds telling them "You're wearing the #9 kid. I bled in that jersey and Ill tell you why...." and Im not just talking about having Johns and Carty as assistant coaches but farkin fill the sheds with Blues legends like Blocker, O'Conner, Turvey, Guru, Freddy, Chicka, Backdoor, Mary and get them in every young blokes ear about how much that jersey means and how bloody great it feels to put those Qlders in their place.

The sh*t has gone on far too long. If there arnt real changes to the teams back office after this year then NSW are developing a real losing culture and it kills me to see it.

Now thats Origin passion, maybe they need to put you in the camp mate. Sounds like you could fire the boys up.

Knightmare

Coach
How long has this thread been going and NSW are still trying to work out the meaning of passion.

Actually if NSW had no 'pashin' then threads like these wouldn't exist. This whole forum would be nothing but Qlders' fogging up their monitors about how much better they are than anyone else in Australia.

Hanscholo

Bench
lol @ QLD pride...Yea you have more pride than us...yep, top stuff. Keep telling yourselves how great you are and you might just make it to the Melbourne "capital of the world" in everything that ever happens there.

Latest posts