What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short sighted idiots

Ratchy

Juniors
Most of that is understandable but T Rex a top priority back then? He didn't come good until last year and in his last game for Parramatta was steamrolled by Vatuvei. He was an average winger at the time. But if Hagan had the vision he could have done what Hasler did, still I would have rathered Ben Smith than Williams back then.

The way Williams was used in first grade at Parramatta was awful. They shoved him on the wing because he was a big body that could be used as a battering and not much else. And of course he would be average winger considering that wasn't his position.

O'Sullivan who despite who is one of the best recruitment/development managers predicted what Williams would turn into as it's obviously Cleal did. Nolan i dare say wouldn't have let him go anywhere.

True EEL

Bench
they not only won a game they beat the premiers and the team most are picking as grand finalists again

my point exactly...yet some Parra fans seem to think we are travelling better than them?! WTF?!

Cronulla mixed their game up and shocked Manly by throwing the ball around, offloading the ball probably more in 1 game than their last 20 and using the ball constructively....

Eels Dude

Coach
The way Williams was used in first grade at Parramatta was awful. They shoved him on the wing because he was a big body that could be used as a battering and not much else. And of course he would be average winger considering that wasn't his position.

Tony Williams was a very lazy player back then. Even in lower grades. If he played in the centres or in the second row back then he would have been too much of a liability in defence because he'd go MIA for large portions of matches all the time. I'd say that's the reason why he was picked on the wing.

True EEL

Bench
Tony Williams was a lazy player at Manly for 3-4 years too....until they finally moved him to the backrow and yelled Run, Tony, RUN!!!!!

born an eel

Bench

O'Sullivan who despite who is one of the best recruitment/development managers predicted what Williams would turn into as it's obviously Cleal did. Nolan i dare say wouldn't have let him go anywhere.
so who should we be throwing big money at from the NYC now, let's get your prediction on record now so Gronk can revive it in 3 years

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Get a powertful creature like a tiger or eagle and imprison it inside a "structure" called a zoo. The zoo keepers and captors may spin a story about how good it is for the future of tigers & eagles to have them running & flying "free" in a "structure" but all the while the tiger & eagle are caged and not living the life they are supposed to have.

There is no point in having a structure if the Eels players are not free between the ears to play well within it. Kearney's approach is not working for this team. We have good players but they are playing badly - who is responsible for that? Daniel Anderson eventually gave those 2009 players, who are spontaneous and instinctive, free rein and they soared.

Kearney has turned our beloved Eels into wing-cliped eagles unable to explore their full potential and soar freely and joyfully to the dizzying heights of NRL supremacy. They are prisoners within Kearneys brain - the most boring and restrictive game structure ever seen.

The boredom of watching the Eels 2011 season & up to the 17th March 2012 can quickly send you to sleep.

ManOnCouchSnoring.jpg.w560h373.jpg

need more like this
ray-lewis.jpeg

eels81236

Bench
SK should see out 2012 regardless of performance. IF we still stink, then starting 2013 depends on too many factors for anyone here to make an intelligent decision.

My unintelligent preferences for end 2012 would be...

1. If we are firmly in the 8, then extend.
2. We scrape into the eight then give 6-8 weeks in 2013 and either extend or look elsewhere.
3. We scrape out of the 8 then give 6-8 weeks in 2013 and either extend or look elsewhere.
4. If we still stink then there is no other option but to replace him.

But when it's all said and done, what the f**k would I know?

***Edit***

Somehow I put this in the wrong thread. I don't care though, I'm not moving it. I'm tough like that.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Let me clear it up for you.

If our poor and inconsitant form contiues this year and next, You are still prepared to wait and see how we go till round 26 2013, before you would contemplate a change?

I always maintained that we'd know by the middle of this year whether Kearney was doing a good job. The injury to Hayne has made it a bit harder to judge on the wins column but you can still see the effort - in the two home games they had a go and in the away game they didn't.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Some genius once told me that there's no point keeping a coach for his final year if you're not going to extend his contract. I don't know if it's wise or not.

Unless the coach's replacement is already at the club (i.e. an assistant) it can't be good for continuity.

Tony Bongo

Bench
I always maintained that we'd know by the middle of this year whether Kearney was doing a good job. The injury to Hayne has made it a bit harder to judge on the wins column but you can still see the effort - in the two home games they had a go and in the away game they didn't.

This

Latest posts