What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short sighted idiots

tresurehunt

Juniors
so are you saying let our guys play there natural game ,loosen the reins a little to create some second phase ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
so are you saying let our guys play there natural game ,loosen the reins a little to create some second phase ?

I'm saying they should play exactly how they started against the Warriors.

They need to grind for field position and then when they've got it they should give the ball some air.

They also need to realise that they can still score points without Hayne but it won't be as easy. So harden the f**k up and grind away. Sandow and Roberts can still do the job without Hayne. The other merkins just need some faith in them.

Bigfella

Coach
How would we have gone on 2009 if Hayne was injured in the last ten weeks like he has been all season this year?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How would we have gone on 2009 if Hayne was injured in the last ten weeks like he has been all season this year?
It had nothing to do with Hayne Bigfella, it was all DA's coaching, Morts and Robbos creativity and teamwork :crazy: my guess is where we were before he played arguably the great half a season ever seen in the NRL. About 3rd last.

Glenn

First Grade
I get how last Saturday's game, combined with the frustration of last year may lead to some fans becoming genuinely worried about our future under Stephen Kearney. However, we all have to look at the long term benefits of sticking with Kearney.

There is a parallel to Chelsea FC with the Parra fans calling for Kearney to be sacked - sacking him now would have meant we wasted 2 years of him trying to rebuild the club, and would have to start all over again (just like Chelsea, though they have sacked 3 managers in 2 years).

We will NOT get long term success without a strategic approach to rebuilding.

Everyone should just calm down, see the bigger picture and support the team. Unlike Cronulla and desperate teams like that, we are working on building the foundations for long term success.

Save this post for next year, I am sure it will be just as applicable then.

btaag

Juniors
Save this post for next year, I am sure it will be just as applicable then.

Good point, IF the Board do not act on a second year of underperformance and lack of progress (if that is what occurs by the end of this year).

All great sporting franchises have had a period of rebuilding, leading up to an extended period of success. If you think a quick fix will mean we achieve long term, consistent success, you are dreaming.

We do not want to be like the Dogs over the last 3 years - last one year, preliminary finalists the next, out of the finals the next year (and we have done a good job of being a yo yo side ourselves since 2002 when Smith's era started unravelling).

Give Kearney a few more months to see how he goes. We cannot afford to sack him (ironically), unless he signs a new deal with performance clauses and a new payout deal in it, so you are not making the situation any better calling for an immediate sacking.

If byt the end of the season, we replicate last years performance, have not progressed at all, and the juniors are not looking much better, we should re-evaluate. Until then, wait and see how the team responds, and how the team goes when Hayne is back and firing.

Good point, IF the Board do not act on a second year of underperformance and lack of progress (if that is what occurs by the end of this year).

All great sporting franchises have had a period of rebuilding, leading up to an extended period of success. If you think a quick fix will mean we achieve long term, consistent success, you are dreaming.

We do not want to be like the Dogs over the last 3 years - last one year, preliminary finalists the next, out of the finals the next year (and we have done a good job of being a yo yo side ourselves since 2002 when Smith's era started unravelling).

Give Kearney a few more months to see how he goes. We cannot afford to sack him (ironically), unless he signs a new deal with performance clauses and a new payout deal in it, so you are not making the situation any better calling for an immediate sacking.

If byt the end of the season, we replicate last years performance, have not progressed at all, and the juniors are not looking much better, we should re-evaluate. Until then, wait and see how the team responds, and how the team goes when Hayne is back and firing.

Very good post. Obviously you're not one of "those" panic merchants who can't handle the heat.

barney gumble

Juniors
Very good post. Obviously you're not one of "those" panic merchants who can't handle the heat.

'Panic merchants'? The coach has only won 5 out of 27 games he's coached. Any fan who thinks this is acceptable for whatever reason sets the bar very low. I haven't given up on Kearney yet, but he desperately needs to string wins together very soon.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
'Panic merchants'? The coach has only won 5 out of 27 games he's coached. Any fan who thinks this is acceptable for whatever reason sets the bar very low. I haven't given up on Kearney yet, but he desperately needs to string wins together very soon.

What's important is how many he is going to win, not how many he's won in the past. He came here to sweep out the roster and prepare us for future success.

The future starts this Friday. f**ken get excited.

Pazza

First Grade
I still have faith in what SK is trying to do at the club, we do need to remember the absoulte mess that he did inherit from DA. The recruitment and retention policies during the time of DA/Reddy have lead to the mess we are currently in! Not to mention our juniors during the DA years also were not as strong as they should have been.

Unfortunately it is going to take time to build this club into a force in this competition. I am happy with our recruitment, some of the young's guys we got in FG and the performance of our NYC team has been great. But i agree with all of you that the FG team needs to start posting some wins soon.

I still have faith in what SK is trying to do at the club, we do need to remember the absoulte mess that he did inherit from DA. The recruitment and retention policies during the time of DA/Reddy have lead to the mess we are currently in! Not to mention our juniors during the DA years also were not as strong as they should have been.

Please provide examples. I watched the Juniors very closly during the DA reign and I am still wondering what your people are on about?

Suitman

Post Whore
Please provide examples. I watched the Juniors very closly during the DA reign and I am still wondering what your people are on about?

Mark, the club fell to pieces during the last years of the Smith era as well as the Hagan/Anderson regime. This period also coincided with massive management change.
Let's stop being pedantic and at least give the club a chance to succeed. It ain't going to happen overnight.
IMO, we need to wait until the middle of NEXT season before making any rash decisions.

Suity

Mark, the club fell to pieces during the last years of the Smith era as well as the Hagan/Anderson regime. This period also coincided with massive management change.
Let's stop being pedantic and at least give the club a chance to succeed. It ain't going to happen overnight.
IMO, we need to wait until the middle of NEXT season before making any rash decisions.

Suity

Please explain how it fell to pieces. I was on the outside looking in but I was at every Harold Matts and SG Ball game in 2009 and I went to a few in 2010, I watched my fair share of NYC, so I am asking what this hole "Mess" was. Was it our poor showing in NYC during 2009 to 2011? Was it something else?

I would love to give the club a chance to succeed. I am rooting for these young boys in the 20's to make their mark, some I have been following since 2008. I would love to see Chris Sandow and Jarryd Hayne, lighting up the NRL and getting the Kids in the West of Sydney excited about Rugby League again. I am not here to be pedantic, I am just trying to figure out what everyone saw as the problem. Because most see the new regime as the cure and that is great, but I want to see why? I want to share that vision, cause right now, I am not that inspired by our club, as I was between 1998 and 2007 and that disappoints me.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Your people???? Aren't we all Parra fans on here???? And if you think our recruitment was fine under Hagan and DA you are kidding yourself.

Your people???? Aren't we all Parra fans on here???? And if you think our recruitment was fine under Hagan and DA you are kidding yourself.

Yes we are all Parra fans and that should have been "you people" as in those who believe the SK is the cure for what ailes this club, without any doubts.

Recuritment, okay so What was the problem with recruitment? We didn't sign any big name players? or did we recruit in the wrong area's? Please explain.

Suitman

Post Whore
I want to share that vision, cause right now, I am not that inspired by our club, as I was between 1998 and 2007 and that disappoints me.

Apologies for only quoting one sentence of your post, but that is the pertinent one, and the one that coincides with my time frame which I stated.
You know as well as I do that we've had a few years of instability and upheaval. Now is the time that we need stability. I'm not excited about our future at present, but can see the seasons of change taking place. As I said, it doesn't happen overnight. I'm not blowing wind up the arses of the current administration. In my eyes, they are as much on notice as the previous one was.
I'm just prepared to wait, be patient, and give them time. Like I've said before, by the end of next season if we are still bottom of ladder and the programmes being put into place now are not showing future rewards, I'll be asking serious questions. Until then though, I'll sit back and observe, and not go off my rocker every time the Telegraph states that we are a club in crisis.

Suity

Latest posts