What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should & Could NRL Clubs go back to cotton jerseys?

Philby

Juniors
Going back to cotton wouldnt work simply because you can't have the fancy patterns & finishers as those are printed onto the synthetic material which you can't do onto cotton. The sponsors & numbers would have to be like the old days heat stamped on which eventully cracks & peels away.

adamkungl

Immortal
so many things wrong with this thread...

a) the nylon/synthetic ones are a bit clingy and sweaty, but are in no way figure hugging or skintight. If they are, lose some bloody weight.

b) Timmah your point is complete nonsense. As loads of other people have said, they already make completely different jersey for fans and players. I agree that production costs would go up with cotton, not because of making 2 types, but because I expect they're just plain more expensive to produce. The synthetic ones must bring in massive profits, replica jerseys are about $40 or so, the same thing with the sponsors costs $150. Go figure.

Red Bear

Referee
I dont really like wearing the synthetic jerseys, you wear it on a normal day you are just hot and sticky, freeze on a cold day. Cotton jerseys, from a fans point of view, are great because they are comfortable and somewhat warming
On the other hand the players will never go back to cotton i wouldnt think (altho they should for origin, the synthetic jerseys look f**kin crap!)

Latest posts