What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yosemite

Juniors
I might be missing something here, but the guy got us to.....
THE F#$kING GRAND FINAL LAST YEAR !

At least let him see out the final year of this contract in 2011 ......

Gordy

Juniors
The thing is Mr Duncan raised a good point.

"I mean, if he loses his first three or four games everyone's going to be pointing the finger at him and I think it's unfair for him to be coaching under those conditions.
"I said recently you either have to commit to Daniel and extend his contract or you have to part company because no one can coach for one year. I haven't seen a coach yet coach for one year.

What happens if we lose our 3 trial games (like this year) and then lose our first three or four comp games, what happens then. Do you persevere with this coach or does everyone then start going feral again and we are dragged through the rumour mill again.

And for what it's worth I don't dislike Ando in anyway. But, I don't know if I could stand another year like this year. Half a dozen brilliant games and the rest utter crap!!

Chipmunk

Coach
Half a dozen brilliant games and the rest utter crap!!

Whichh are these half a dozen brilliant games you refer to?

We played well against Manly at Brookvale, the Storm, outside of that the first half against the Dogs and the second half against Penrith...outside of that, I really cant think of other times we were 'brilliant'

I might be missing something here, but the guy got us to.....
THE F#$kING GRAND FINAL LAST YEAR !

At least let him see out the final year of this contract in 2011 ......
assuming we do get kearney and we have to pay ando's contract for 2011 anyway why not bring kearney in as assistant under ando and let him take over the next year?

Gordy

Juniors
Whichh are these half a dozen brilliant games you refer to?

We played well against Manly at Brookvale, the Storm, outside of that the first half against the Dogs and the second half against Penrith...outside of that, I really cant think of other times we were 'brilliant'

I was trying to be kind Chipmunk.... :lol:

BigErn

Juniors
Hasman, do you ever get sick of being wrong?

This post made me crack up. I would die to have a 48% win record right now.
Hahahaha.

It's laughable how scathing people were of our past coaches.
One day we'll look back and realise what a stupid decision it was to put a rookie untried untested coach in charge of one of the proudest footy clubs in the nrl during the most crucial years of their existence.

Ando Isn't the man look at his Stat's

Played 52 ( 48 round games and 4 final series games)
Won 25 ( 22 round games and 3 final series games)
Lost 26 ( 25 round games and 1 Grand Final)
Drawn 1

48%

In 52 games over the 2 season proper periods Parramatta were in the top 8 on 3 occasions in 2009 rounds 3, 25 and 26 and on 5 occasions in 2010 rounds 8, 9, 10, 11 and 13. That is a total of 8 times in 52 weeks or 15%.

The Answer Is No.

Glenn

First Grade
Hasman, do you ever get sick of being wrong?

This post made me crack up. I would die to have a 48% win record right now.
Hahahaha.

It's laughable how scathing people were of our past coaches.
One day we'll look back and realise what a stupid decision it was to put a rookie untried untested coach in charge of one of the proudest footy clubs in the nrl during the most crucial years of their existence.

48% would be a more than 100% improvement on where Parramatta sit at the moment, a real inspired decision that was.

Eels Dude

Coach
48% would be a more than 100% improvement on where Parramatta sit at the moment, a real inspired decision that was.

What's worse is that even if we go undefeated for the rest of the regular season SK will still have a worse winning percentage than DA.

strider

Post Whore
48% isn't terrible ... most NRL coaches will have a shit season here and there which lowers the %

bartman

Immortal
Maybe Hasman is that guy from a bank from a while ago, that allegedly knew all the Board confidential info, and was rumoured to pull some strings behind the scenes?

As for the poll results - wow, I'd actually forgotten how widespread the view we should keep DA actually was at the time!

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
The thing is Mr Duncan raised a good point.

Quote:

"I mean, if he loses his first three or four games everyone's going to be pointing the finger at him and I think it's unfair for him to be coaching under those conditions.
"I said recently you either have to commit to Daniel and extend his contract or you have to part company because no one can coach for one year. I haven't seen a coach yet coach for one year.

What happens if we lose our 3 trial games (like this year) and then lose our first three or four comp games, what happens then. Do you persevere with this coach or does everyone then start going feral again and we are dragged through the rumour mill again.

And for what it's worth I don't dislike Ando in anyway. But, I don't know if I could stand another year like this year. Half a dozen brilliant games and the rest utter crap!!

Thanks for that quote Mr Duncan. Your mate Kearney has shown he can't coach for 18 months. So can we sack him without you having a dummy spit and having unnecessary influence on the club ?

Eels Dude

Coach
Thanks for that quote Mr Duncan. Your mate Kearney has shown he can't coach for 18 months. So can we sack him without you having a dummy spit and having unnecessary influence on the club ?

Wonder what Gordy, or Mr Duncan is thinking about 2011 and the start of 2012 if he couldn't stand another year like 2010.

Avenger

Immortal
Wonder what Gordy, or Mr Duncan is thinking about 2011 and the start of 2012 if he couldn't stand another year like 2010.

Which just highlights the sheer hypocrisy of the current situation. The only reason why we haven't sacked Kearney is because:

1. The influence of Pirtek and their sponsorship money.

2. The money that we have to pay out to Kearney if we sack him. (Thanks Ozzy).

In summary it's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

bartman

Immortal
But don't forget the $$$$ the club is losing and stands to lose through continued poor performance... drop in memberships and gate takings, drop in corporate bookings and game day signage....

[Disclaimer for the easily excitable] Not that anyone (including myself) knows any figures [end disclaimer], but it's possible that in the years since 2010 that financial drop itself may get to the point where it equals or surpasses the $$$ required to punt the under-performing Kearney early?

Eels Dude

Coach
[Disclaimer for the easily excitable] Not that anyone (including myself) knows any figures [end disclaimer], but it's possible that in the years since 2010 that financial drop itself may get to the point where it equals or surpasses the $$$ required to punt the under-performing Kearney early?

Channel Nine seem to be demoting Andrew Voss to calling QLD cup in the hope he'll quit. Maybe the Eels should keep paying SK 450k a year but demote him to waterboy so he'll swallow his pride and take a minimal payout to go back to being an assistant coach at the Storm next year.

bartman

Immortal
Agree, I was in favour of the recent suggestion to bring JT (or anyone) in as a coaching director above SK, to achieve just that.

That option seemed to leak to the papers but then fall out of favour very quickly, so despite public talk of support this week I hold a sneaking suspicion that they might have given Kearney some sort of deadline and KPI, in return for not bringing in another "assistant" (just yet).

Latest posts