What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Delboy

First Grade
Some people who post on here are delusional, I can categorically state that DA has had input into all player retention and signings.

A couple of us spoke to him at different times this year, and he said that Jono had gone backwards this year, so no surprise he was let go, and he made comments relating to the those that have left. There are those on this board that do the yards to speak to officials and then you get the nuts who say that the bcurrent admin is doing all it can by signing duds to achieve something they can do if they think it is good for the club, get a life.

I suspect Bart and others think what we say is part of a conspiracy, for instance I was at my junior club presentation last weekend,and the coaches stood around talking and it got around to the Eels performance, each coach said that DA had some serious inadequacies and they would prefer him gone.The underperformance this year was horrible and I hope he does better, but would not faze me one bit if he was let go, I really don't think he has got to grips with the NRL.

mrpwnd

Bench
Either geniused as you say or just so obsessively agenda driven they invent intrigue and subterfuge when none exists.
You know, I absolutely hate when the word agenda is thrown around so carelessy. It irks me almost as much as when people coin the term 'normal' and use it just as carelessly.
EVERYONE has a bloody agenda, just like how normal is simply the minimal degree of weird that any one individual may possess.
Really pisses me off when terms that are so general and wide in context are thrown about like it's theirs.
GAARRGHHH.

Daneel

Bench
You know, I absolutely hate when the word agenda is thrown around so carelessy. It irks me almost as much as when people coin the term 'normal' and use it just as carelessly.
EVERYONE has a bloody agenda, just like how normal is simply the minimal degree of weird that any one individual may possess.
Really pisses me off when terms that are so general and wide in context are thrown about like it's theirs.
GAARRGHHH.

F*ck me, what's your agenda

CrazyEel

Bench
GAARRGHHH.
Not everyone has an agenda at all and it really irks me when strangers feel some weird need to tell me what pisses them off, it's just not normal.

Curleel

Juniors
Some people who post on here are delusional, I can categorically state that DA has had input into all player retention and signings.

A couple of us spoke to him at different times this year, and he said that Jono had gone backwards this year, so no surprise he was let go, and he made comments relating to the those that have left. There are those on this board that do the yards to speak to officials and then you get the nuts who say that the bcurrent admin is doing all it can by signing duds to achieve something they can do if they think it is good for the club, get a life.

I suspect Bart and others think what we say is part of a conspiracy, for instance I was at my junior club presentation last weekend,and the coaches stood around talking and it got around to the Eels performance, each coach said that DA had some serious inadequacies and they would prefer him gone.The underperformance this year was horrible and I hope he does better, but would not faze me one bit if he was let go, I really don't think he has got to grips with the NRL.

mrpwnd

Bench

x5. 2010 has been nothing but underperformance and questioning. There really isn't much in this season that I can see Ando trying to salvage for next year, not to mention the signing of a bunch of nuffies.

boxhead

First Grade
Congratulations on your 1000'th post.

Suity

Thanks Suity :D Didn't notice till you pointed it out actually hehe.

The silliest part of it is that the board could sack him regardless.

Yes unfortunately :(

x5. 2010 has been nothing but underperformance and questioning. There really isn't much in this season that I can see Ando trying to salvage for next year, not to mention the signing of a bunch of nuffies.

:? I dunno, Webb and Maitua can go either way really.

Snoochies

First Grade
Just wondering if the Bulldogs are looking to punt Kevin Moore, they made the GF qualifier last year and finished further down the ladder than we did with pretty much the same squad. Why are they not looking at punting Kevin Moore? :crazy:

boxhead

First Grade
Just wondering if the Bulldogs are looking to punt Kevin Moore, they made the GF qualifier last year and finished further down the ladder than we did with pretty much the same squad. Why are they not looking at punting Kevin Moore? :crazy:

They've got smart management, they will actually stick with a coach who showed in his first year that he will at least be one of the good NRL coaches.
Problem with our board seems to be that unless we get results immediately we punt people :?

Delboy

First Grade
Boxhead, you quote your opinion about DA, I am quite happy for the support he gets, perhaps you can enlighten the doubters on where we improved this year, which players stood up, point out where our structure was, and why we fell in a heap with no improvement from 2009.

Tigers scored 2 tries from set moves on Friday, I have no memory of any during 2010, I agree he is a good Parra man, but he needs to stand up and we saw nothing this year. He will get what he desrerves, if that means another year so be it, personally I would prefer to move on.

Boxhead, you quote your opinion about DA, I am quite happy for the support he gets, perhaps you can enlighten the doubters on where we improved this year, which players stood up, point out where our structure was, and why we fell in a heap with no improvement from 2009.

Tigers scored 2 tries from set moves on Friday, I have no memory of any during 2010, I agree he is a good Parra man, but he needs to stand up and we saw nothing this year. He will get what he desrerves, if that means another year so be it, personally I would prefer to move on.
it would be one thing if we could get a similarly qualified experienced coach but to punt him for kearney, a rookie who is yet to coach first grade seems like utter lunacy to me

Delboy

First Grade
Eelim, I don't mind if DA stays, but even if he is experienced, he did nothing to improve the performance of the side, and to me that spells problem.

The NRL tends to recycle coaches, but perhaps as a club we need a fresh approach from someone who is not been behind Brian Smith, not sure how much sense that makes, but I have to be convinced that DA can handle the NRL in its current form.

fish eel

Immortal
Delboy you can argue the case all you like about Ando, how much say he has etc but at the end of the day people on here will believe what suits them.

boxhead

First Grade

Yeah no worries :) I see your points and I agree, it's just that I think we can be loyal to him and at least see out his contract. I would be happy whoever coached us to be honest.