What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gronk

Staff member
Thats the problem, has anyone at Wenty performed any better to put pressure on the guys that screw up? Apart from Jono Wright for Inu and Maybe Ant Mitchell for KK or MK, there is not alot down at Wenty at the moment.

Jono was also used for a number of games when Tahu was out so you are only talking about 2 or 3 games at the back end of the Sesion without him. Who else do you bring up?

Ant was blowing quite a bit after his stint against the Broncos but with a full off season again might finally have the fitness and stamina to be a regular top grader.

Tanialia Lasalo is a good prospect, but is still a little bit away from regular first grade.

Tom Humble is a Fullback who is being shaped into a 5/8th, and I would rather we do that at Wenty than in firsts. I would rather Morts Joined him down there as well, but the cupboard is bare otherwise.

I like the boys at Wenty, I think we have a couple of good players there, but none at the moment that are full time top 17 players. Maybe next year but we are losing a few as well.

Pretty sure you've that that the wrong way around. Tom excelled at 6 in QLD Cup last year.

CrazyEel

Bench
Pretty sure you've that that the wrong way around. Tom excelled at 6 in QLD Cup last year.
True that, I watched most of his games in Qld cup last year and he played all at 6, did play fullback year before though.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
You're wrong. I'd just accept it if I were you. We weren't in a position to sign Kingston to a deal at 110k, we had 55k space, the NRL refused to allow us to keep him for less. It's nobodies "fault", just the rules. Niether the club nor the NRL is to blame, even though the rule is stupid.

We also signed Robson AFTER we were told it was impossible to keep Kinga.

:lol: i'll accept i'm wrong when you can logical prove we had no choice. we HAD A CHOICE, we didn't have to exhaust our cap to the point where there was only 55k left.

the panthers didn't and they got him, take some accountability and stop being a sook about it, the nrl ruled that taking paycuts would not free up more cap space. no point asking for relaxation after you've realised that you've f**ked up in your retention choices and then blaming someone else

Eels Dude

Coach
:lol: i'll accept i'm wrong when you can logical prove we had no choice. we HAD A CHOICE, we didn't have to exhaust our cap to the point where there was only 55k left.

the panthers didn't and they got him, take some accountability and stop being a sook about it, the nrl ruled that taking paycuts would not free up more cap space. no point asking for relaxation after you've realised that you've f**ked up in your retention choices and then blaming someone else

In fairness, when we did our retention and recruitment last season we were coming 14th out of 16 teams and the decision was made to recruit for 2010 while the best players on the open market were still available. A common sense decision based on how we were travelling halfway through last year. Low and behold we turned our season around and made the Grand Final, but who would have predicted that in early July?

Craig Johnston

First Grade
In fairness, when we did our retention and recruitment last season we were coming 14th out of 16 teams and the decision was made to recruit for 2010 while the best players on the open market were still available. A common sense decision based on how we were travelling halfway through last year. Low and behold we turned our season around and made the Grand Final, but who would have predicted that in early July?

sure, but kk didn't fire up after round 20 though, he was great throughout the whole season. rightly or wrongly, no-one else is to blame for leaving him last.

Eels Dude

Coach
sure, but kk didn't fire up after round 20 though, he was great throughout the whole season. rightly or wrongly, no-one else is to blame for leaving him last.

Mate, Kevin Kingston didn't make his play his initial game in first grade for Parramatta until Round 11 last year, just prior to the halfway mark of the season, and only a few weeks before we started negotiating with Poore, Shacks, and Tahu. By the time we'd signed those blokes he'd only played 5 or 6 first grade games for us and was yet to impress.

Noise

Coach
I think someone posted on here we spent more time in the 8 under hagan, scored more under hagan but had better defence under DA

Cheers for the info. So basically its much of a muchness between the 2 at the moment

Delboy

First Grade
Re Kingston, DA was asked if we should move things around to keep him, even given the rule on payments. I believe DA said we have Mitchell, no need to work on that his loss can be covered.

Robbo was signed after that, and we have lived to regret it.

oldmancraigy

Coach

I AM TYPING SLOWLY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T READ FAST.

THERE WAS NO 'LAST' - BY THE TIME KINGO WAS EVEN WORTH LOOKING AT TO SIGN, WE HAD $55K AVAILABLE.

There. That's it.

Please don't talk about the situation anymore? Everyone wanted to keep him, but we simply could not.

YOU are as much to blame as anyone else.

oldmancraigy

Coach
id go with the terrible attacking structure
if they werent executing the coaches plan then thats what wenty's for
didnt see too many dropped this year considering the sh*thouse year we've had

So clearly you think we have a halfback who is capable of carrying out a coaches game plan?

Well - that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

Most others agree that Robson/Mortimer are NOT up to it - the very fact that we've been linked to anything that has ever played halfback in it's life shows that the coach and board also disagree with you.

hasman

Juniors
I AM TYPING SLOWLY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T READ FAST.

THERE WAS NO 'LAST' - BY THE TIME KINGO WAS EVEN WORTH LOOKING AT TO SIGN, WE HAD $55K AVAILABLE.

There. That's it.

Please don't talk about the situation anymore? Everyone wanted to keep him, but we simply could not.

YOU are as much to blame as anyone else.

Oldman Agree, But there is more to the Story. Coach Anderson Signed Robbo and Let Kinga Go. That's Where it ended.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I really tried...

But some people just cannot grasp basic facts...

I give up!

Sorry to be part of the minority and also one of those that needs to read more slowly.
BUT
No one can convince me that Kingston could not have been kept, one way or another, if the coach had wanted him.
The club had M Keating performing quite poorly A Mitchel totally unproven yet they spent all their money elsewhere because they didnt think they needed a better hooker. Any way you look at it, that is poor management.
As far as Im concerned, "That" is the end of the story.

Bazal

Post Whore
Jesus...this place has reinvented my view of the human mind...I didn't realise people could actually be that f**king stupid!

Eels Dude

Coach
Sorry to be part of the minority and also one of those that needs to read more slowly.
BUT
No one can convince me that Kingston could not have been kept, one way or another, if the coach had wanted him.
The club had M Keating performing quite poorly A Mitchel totally unproven yet they spent all their money elsewhere because they didnt think they needed a better hooker. Any way you look at it, that is poor management.

Some people are just too think to grasp basic facts. Whom did we spend the money on "elsewhere"?

Eels Dude

Coach
Oldman Agree, But there is more to the Story. Coach Anderson Signed Robbo and Let Kinga Go. That's Where it ended.

Yeah... because Robbo could be signed for the minimum 55k where Kingston could not be as he was automatically valued under NRL salary cap laws at 110k which we didn't have. How hard is that for people to understand?

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
BUT

:? MK was re-signed earlier in the year, way before Kingston made his debut. At the time our major issue was our forward pack so we looked at Poore and Shack to help strengthen that department. Tahu was then signed due to his experience and what he can offer in our back line.

Unfortunately for the club they don't have access to a crystal ball and see that MK was going to have a bad 2010, and that our forwards would pull their finger out in the back end of 09 and see Tahu not do much due to not getting any quality ball.