What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oldmancraigy

Coach
Mr Anderson Signed Robbo and Let Kinga go. He Sacked Finch. He also Told Mateo, Inu and KK Not Part Of Plans. He Had a Chance to Sign Carney and Send No We don't Want him.

Well I'm not 100% certain Carney was definitely coming to Parra had the coach said 'we want him' - so I'll leave that one.

As for the others, Kinga/ Robbo you have 100% incorrect.

You would pay Finch $350k per season not to be able to run a team :shock:

You would pay Mateo $400k per season to loaf around and play 3-4 games per year :shock:

KK would be part of your plans :shock:

Inu would be part of your plans :shock:

I suppose it's quite clear why Anderson is a very succesful coach and guys like you sit around moaning that no-hopers like KK and Inu were not wanted at all. If you think either of those 2 is better than a fringe first grader you are dead set kidding!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Thank god Hasman is not our coach, he'd probably be happy if we re-signed Oake and Wright on Multi Million dollar deals........

parra pete

Referee
If Anderson knocked back the opportunity to bring Carney on board...I say BEWDY...
IMO ....Todd....tick, tick, tick.tick

boxhead

First Grade
If Anderson knocked back the opportunity to bring Carney on board...I say BEWDY...

Even if Anderson turned him down, I can't blame him whatsoever.

Having said that, I think Carney deserves the benefit of the doubt; he seems to have really turned his life around, so I say good on him.

Noise

Coach

yep, if we had todd this year tick, tick, tick, boom - premiership (or at least the 8)

Why wouldnt you sign one of the best YOUNG halves who is also a goal kicker when we clearly need a half if this carney rumour was true? Dont go sprouting bullsh*t about he is too big a risk because we just signed reni matua FFS. Double standards neone?

Craig Johnston

First Grade
ando did let kinga go, we needed 110k to cover him in our cap, and by the time he was offered a deal (after robbo and others) we had virtually 1 minimum salary spot left, which was insufficient as we had to cover kinga's match payments from the last season.....as per nrl rules

don't blame the cap or the nrl, that was purely 100% our own doing

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I like what Anderson is doing with the squad, getting rid of dead wood, hot and cold players, and buying cheap experienced players to get some depth in the squad

But I have doubts whether he can get the side to play a balanced/structure style of play required to be a consistent side like the storm / titans / dragons

parra pete

Referee
yep, if we had todd this year tick, tick, tick, boom - premiership (or at least the 8)

Why wouldnt you sign one of the best YOUNG halves who is also a goal kicker when we clearly need a half if this carney rumour was true? Dont go sprouting bullsh*t about he is too big a risk because we just signed reni matua FFS. Double standards neone?

I would rather lose with people who know and respect their opportunities than win with a mob of dickheads. AND I am not too fussed about Maitua being signed either..
If Bendan Fevola was a League player..wonder what Club would sign him?

oldmancraigy

Coach
ando did let kinga go, we needed 110k to cover him in our cap, and by the time he was offered a deal (after robbo and others) we had virtually 1 minimum salary spot left, which was insufficient as we had to cover kinga's match payments from the last season.....as per nrl rules

don't blame the cap or the nrl, that was purely 100% our own doing

That's 100% untrue.

We had a $55k contract to offer at the end of last season. We were not allowed to offer that to Kingston because his 'value' was $110k regardless of how much he signed for.

So after being denied him, we signed Robson.

Robson signed on October 9th

On the 29th of September, Kingston was offering to hand back his match payments to stay at Parra - but was not allowed.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...r-to-pay-to-play/story-e6frexnr-1225780623644

Tahu signed 22 July; Poore and Shack were announced 10 June.

So in fact we were UNABLE to sign Kingston for a $110k contract since we only had a $55k contract to offer.

Absolute moronicty to keep bringing up false information suggesting we were in a position to sign Kingston at the end of last season. It is so untrue it is not funny.

And to think that we didn't WANT to sign the guy????? :roll:

We wanted him, but the NRL said "no".

IMO we should've just cheated and kept him - oops, lose 4 competition points - or perhaps we could've axed Oake or something??(not like it would've mattered in the end)

its very easy in hindsight to say we should have signed carney but the roosters took a gamble things could easily have come undone and they might have wound up paying for him to play reserve grade or been forced to sack him
im as happy as anyone else that he has turned his life around lets hope history repeats itself with maitua

Craig Johnston

First Grade
That's 100% untrue.

We had a $55k contract to offer at the end of last season. We were not allowed to offer that to Kingston because his 'value' was $110k regardless of how much he signed for.

So after being denied him, we signed Robson.

Robson signed on October 9th

On the 29th of September, Kingston was offering to hand back his match payments to stay at Parra - but was not allowed.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...r-to-pay-to-play/story-e6frexnr-1225780623644

Tahu signed 22 July; Poore and Shack were announced 10 June.

So in fact we were UNABLE to sign Kingston for a $110k contract since we only had a $55k contract to offer.

Absolute moronicty to keep bringing up false information suggesting we were in a position to sign Kingston at the end of last season. It is so untrue it is not funny.

And to think that we didn't WANT to sign the guy????? :roll:

We wanted him, but the NRL said "no".

IMO we should've just cheated and kept him - oops, lose 4 competition points - or perhaps we could've axed Oake or something??(not like it would've mattered in the end)

you need to get your facts checked. the panthers signed kingston for 55k with his contract registered at 110k because they had 110k left in their cap. we did not.

the nrl is not an anti-eels enforcement organisation. i think you need to suck it up and accept we were at fault.

Eels Dude

Coach
you need to get your facts checked. the panthers signed kingston for 55k with his contract registered at 110k because they had 110k left in their cap. we did not.

the nrl is not an anti-eels enforcement organisation. i think you need to suck it up and accept we were at fault.

Well what he says is correct, because we didn't have 110k cap space left to offer Kingston a contract while Penrith did. Last year we did all our recruitment and retention midway through the season before we went on the golden run to the grand final so come end of season when Kingston showed what a good player he was we only had so much allocated cap space for 2010 left and simply did not have room for him.

Some people whinge about how we should have done our recruitment for 2011 earlier this year instead of leaving our run too late, but those same people are probably the ones whingeing about how we had to let Kingston go at the end of last year because our cap level was full. You cannot have it both ways.

oldmancraigy

Coach

:roll:

It wouldn't hurt you to learn the truth before opening your mouth and making yourself look stupid!!!!

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
I would rather lose with people who know and respect their opportunities than win with a mob of dickheads. AND I am not too fussed about Maitua being signed either..
If Bendan Fevola was a League player..wonder what Club would sign him?

Really? in 50 years time if we havent won a premiership u will be happy coz we had good blokes? giv me a break. I dont care who we have - if they r wearing the blue and gold then they will have my support whether they r so called good guys or bad guys - but as a longtime fan and member i do care if we r not in the market for the best possible players that are available resulting in poor results on the field

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Well what he says is correct, because we didn't have 110k cap space left to offer Kingston a contract while Penrith did. Last year we did all our recruitment and retention midway through the season before we went on the golden run to the grand final so come end of season when Kingston showed what a good player he was we only had so much allocated cap space for 2010 left and simply did not have room for him.

Some people whinge about how we should have done our recruitment for 2011 earlier this year instead of leaving our run too late, but those same people are probably the ones whingeing about how we had to let Kingston go at the end of last year because our cap level was full. You cannot have it both ways.

might want to tell that to oldsenilecraigy, he seems to think there's a conspiracy at play even though he can't explain why.

and sorry dude, i haven't whinged about our "late" recruitment this year. you're confusing me with someone else.

Eels Dude

Coach
might want to tell that to oldsenilecraigy, he seems to think there's a conspiracy at play even though he can't explain why.

and sorry dude, i haven't whinged about our "late" recruitment this year. you're confusing me with someone else.

I wasn't referring to you with the latter part of my last post. Just those in general, and there are plenty out there, who want the best of both worlds when it just cannot work like that. Some people whinge if we do our recruitment too early because then we cannot re-sign a player who hits a purple patch late season, then they whinge when the club does the opposite and does recruitment late in the season and misses out on certain players.

oldmancraigy

Coach

I haven't pointed to a conspiracy either.

If your ability to read and comprehend was slightly better then you might realize that he is (in fact) supporting what I said.

At least if I was senile, I would have the excuse of being old. I'm not (senile), so I don't need to use the excuse

What is your excuse???? I hope there's a good one.

Might be best to concede you were wrong and move on?

Last edited:

Gazzamatta

Coach
A good coach makes players better. He improves the team regardless of player talent. Bennett does it, Smith does it, Belamy does it. A good coach can take an "also ran player" at another club and turn them into a consistent NRL performer.
Has Mr Anderson achieved that in his two years at Parramatta?
Its so easy so say the team hasnt got a half back. Or to say how their defence was the fifth in the league (20 plus points against per game is nothing to brag about). What supporters look for is improvement. That said:
Who has improved under Mr Andersons guidance?
What does the team do better now than they did prior to Mr Anderson?
What new tactics have the team produced in 2010?
Its not about sentiment. Its about improvement.
That said I do applaud Mr Andersons courage in releasing underperformed players such as Inu, Mateo, Keating and Wright. Maybe he is prepared to suffer the pain to make the gain. Lets hope so.

Who has improved under Mr Andersons guidance?

Jono Wright, Tim Mannah, Justin Poore, last year Joel Reddy who we know know was playing injured. Robinson has played better in the last 2 years then he ever did elsewhere, unfortunately that is not good enough.

What does the team do better now than they did prior to Mr Anderson?

Even if we lose we are competitive in more games than we have been under Hagan.

What new tactics have the team produced in 2010?

Once the players catch the ball and can put the tactics into play I will tell you.

Its not about sentiment. Its about improvement.
That said I do applaud Mr Andersons courage in releasing underperformed players such as Inu, Mateo, Keating and Wright. Maybe he is prepared to suffer the pain to make the gain. Lets hope so.

We will see.