What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart?

Should Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart?

• Yes

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 138 81.2%

• Total voters

bobmar28

Bench
So theres people here who support Gallop? Who gives a stuff what Stewart said....supporting Gallop is far far worse. Lucky the bloke didnt get head butted.Stuff Gallop...merkin of the highest order and the sooner he is no longer the CEO of the league the better. His supporters can fugg right off with him. Super league merkin of the highest order.

And it's time Stewart stopped acting like a child and got the f**k over it.

Roosterphin1

Juniors
Who the f**k does Brett Stewart think he is asking for an apology. You were the face of the game which offers significant financial endorsement possibilities and you got hammered at an official league function and were accused of sexual assault. If I did that at work Id be sacked on the spot.....no 4 week suspension. What was Gallop meant to do?

MSIH

Bench
And it's time Stewart stopped acting like a child and got the f**k over it.

He can act however he wants. Who's this harming apart from himself?

"While Stewart was respectful enough and didn't swear at Gallop, his words were enough to offend David Thody , the chief executive of major sponsor Telstra who was standing right next to the pair."

That's why he was nodding his head and smiling. Yeah, really offended.

Mr Saab

Referee
"While Stewart was respectful enough and didn't swear at Gallop, his words were enough to offend David Thody , the chief executive of major sponsor Telstra who was standing right next to the pair."

That's why he was nodding his head and smiling. Yeah, really offended.

Yes, it called putting up a "front" and not putting on a song and dance.....Snake could learn a thing or three

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
look, if thats what he said its a pretty silly thing to be focusing on so soon after having won a GF. but there is not a single one of us (i hope) who can possibly understand the 18 months he had while the court case was happening. it might be silly for him to continually focus his anger on Gallop, but after the experience he's been through, for any of you to judge the way he behaves so harshly is ridiculous.

I don't think the injuries did him any favours either. Not only did he have that hanging over him, but he was in constant rehab throughout the whole thing. I wonder if it would be the same if he had been playing for those 2 years.

Despite that, Gallop is just a target. Injuries happen, and Stewart regardless of innocence contributed heavily to the situation he found himself in. To think all of this anger is over a 4 match suspension getting closer to 3 years ago is ridiculous.

In the end, the bigger that chip on his shoulder gets the more he's going to hurt himself.

Garts

Bench
I can understand why Stewart would feel hard done by. However there is a time and place for this sort of stuff and after the GF when getting your premiership ring is not it. Stewart should have arranged a meeting well before the GF to have it out with Gallop.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Geez.. having a whinge 10 minutes after winning a premiership and collecting your ring..

Life is too short to be that bitter....

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
I can understand why Stewart would feel hard done by. However there is a time and place for this sort of stuff and after the GF when getting your premiership ring is not it. Stewart should have arranged a meeting well before the GF to have it out with Gallop.

Do you honestly think that Brett Stewart hasn't tried over the course of two years to sit down and sort it out with Gallop?

This was probably one of the only times Gallop has been in the same place as Brett, so good on Brett for sticking with it.

The quickest and most correct way of ending this is for Gallop to apologise.

firechild

First Grade
Do you honestly think that Brett Stewart hasn't tried over the course of two years to sit down and sort it out with Gallop?

This was probably one of the only times Gallop has been in the same place as Brett, so good on Brett for sticking with it.

Exactly. Officials at the club have attempted to organise a meeting between the 2 but to no avail, Gallop has deliberately avoided the whole situation. Gallop only has himself to blame for this situation. Compare this to the Carney situation where Gallop invited Carney to his office to discuss the incident(s) in question and try to get a resolution. Gallop is the CEO of the NRL and it is up to him to attempt to diffuse these situations yet he has deliberately stepped around one of the biggest off field controversies in recent years allowing it to continue to escalate. These kind of fueds don't just go away, they need to be discussed between the warring parties and a conclusion has to be found.

Garts

Bench

I don't know for sure. If Brett has tried to arrange a face to face meeting and Gallop has refused then I am with him. However from what I have read it seems like Brett believes Gallop should be the one to initiate the meeting and Gallop has not done so. I agree that Gallop should initiate the meeting, however if I was in Bretts shoes I would have requested the meeting and got it sorted. Although I can not comprehend what he has been through the last 2 years so it is pretty unfair for all to judge him.

legend

Coach
Why should Gallop have to organise anything, let alone apologise? Stewart has acted like a goose for years now and I believe Stewarts suspension was justified. It had nothing to do with the sexual assualt, it was for bringing the game into disrepute, which he most certainly did.

His actions where he carried on after scoring a try, trying to antagonize Gallop shows how much of a f**kwit he really is.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Why should Gallop have to organise anything, let alone apologise? Stewart has acted like a goose for years now and I believe Stewarts suspension was justified. It had nothing to do with the sexual assualt, it was for bringing the game into disrepute, which he most certainly did.

His actions where he carried on after scoring a try, trying to antagonize Gallop shows how much of a f**kwit he really is.

Disrepute how? He was found not-guilty and the court evidence showed he was not at an intoxicated level.

So tell me now how he brought the game into disrepute?

Last edited:

firechild

First Grade
It had nothing to do with the sexual assualt, it was for bringing the game into disrepute, which he most certainly did.

Anyone who honestly believes that is borderline geniused.

What exactly did Stewart do to bring the game into disrepute? Have a few beers and get a taxi home? What a crime, won't anybody think about the children? He, along with a number of others were asked to leave the wharf bar, not because they were drunk but because the function had finished. If the charge was for what they claim, then it should have been Watmough and not Stewart who was suspended. The hypocrisy in this incident is unbelievable. Has any player ever been suspended for having a few drinks and not causing any trouble? The suspension was clearly for the alleged sexual assault and the "drunk at an NRL function" excuse was trotted out to cover for the possibility of a not guilty verdict. Unfortunately most rugby league fans are either stupid enough or blided by their hatred fo Manly that they swallowed this excuse hook, line and sinker.

Ozzy

First Grade
I can lip read. He told Gallop that his fly was undone. Gallop said thanks but Jamie Lyons already told him.

Latest posts