What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart?

Should Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart?

• Yes

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 138 81.2%

• Total voters
I went to all the trouble of tracking down the footage only to see it's a complete non-event. Seriously, there's nothing in it. A short, serious conversation but no sign of acrimony at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnRnSxY9X5o

I don't know what the big fuss was about. Read some article on bigpond about some wanker rabbiting on about that. Upon first watch yesterday it was obvious to me it was some sort ov peace offering.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
You can see in the footage that the guy next to Gallop is following the conversation and nodding so it was obviously something decent.

ceagle

Bench
You can see in the footage that the guy next to Gallop is following the conversation and nodding so it was obviously something decent.
Not according to f**kdrew Webster

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...d-still-simmers/story-e6frexnr-1226156562184#

"But The Daily Telegraph understands the tone of their conversation had nothing to do with "moving on" at all.

Presumably, Brett Stewart had a crack, on the game's biggest stage, and Gallop's ashen-faced response did not suggest anything conciliatory."

This is the same guy who said that Des had signed with the Dogs for 2012 on the radio and that Lyon said Des was leaving.

Can't the papers f**k off without trying to create their own headlines?

Meth

Staff member
I'd love to think the Stewarts were moving on- would show a lot of maturity on their part.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...d-still-simmers/story-e6frexnr-1226156562184#

"But The Daily Telegraph understands the tone of their conversation had nothing to do with "moving on" at all.

Presumably, Brett Stewart had a crack, on the game's biggest stage, and Gallop's ashen-faced response did not suggest anything conciliatory."

This is the same guy who said that Des had signed with the Dogs for 2012 on the radio and that Lyon said Des was leaving.

What a bunch of baseless shite. Watched that earlier clip and it seems crystal clear it was amicable, even if they didn't hug it out.

It's 80m now? :lol:

Seriously, the whole closure thing is a bore. The other thing is people say Manly should get get over it, I agree, but it's a bit hard when every man, his dog and the media bring it up all the time.

In 3 years he will have run from AAMI Park.

As for people bringing it up, I thought it was dead and buried until Manly brought it up earlier in the year. Whilst Gallop did probably make the wrong call, the papers practically had him guilty, and Gallop was under pressure to do something. Hopefully the issue is dead and buried now (which I believe it is).

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
So theres people here who support Gallop? Who gives a stuff what Stewart said....supporting Gallop is far far worse. Lucky the bloke didnt get head butted.Stuff Gallop...merkin of the highest order and the sooner he is no longer the CEO of the league the better. His supporters can fugg right off with him. Super league merkin of the highest order.

Dipshit.

wittyfan

Referee
You can just feel the love!

01260316.jpg

innsaneink

Referee
Weedler on 9 reckons it went

Stewart: ''Fine, Im here shaking your hand, but david, you owe me an apology.''
Gallop : ''Congratulations''

This after asking Glenn stewart what was said and getting ''It was nothing, time to move on''

Weedler on 9 reckons it went

Stewart: ''Fine, Im here shaking your hand, but david, you owe me an apology.''
Gallop : ''Congratulations''

This after asking Glenn stewart what was said and getting ''It was nothing, time to move on''

I won't believe Weider considering how much he has got wrong recently.....

But that sounds plausable. If it is true, Stewart continues to be petulant.

Red Bear

Referee
It's Wiedler so its probably bollocks, but if true well, Brett

"Oh come on sir, all ive done is get so drunk i couldnt remember if i sexually assulted a minor or not, treat you with no respect and only get one week for a disgusting king hit on a player, stop picking on me"

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'd like to read it from a reputable source first. I'd believe the tooth fairy or Santa Claus before I believe that curly ginger haired dribbler.

The Stewarts aren't Nasser nuffies so he won't have got any 'mail'.

Briseagle

Juniors
It's so obvious Gallop says 'Well said' at the end of the exchange.

Some of you guys - it's like a CWA sewing circle around here.

Once Dead

Bench

I remember 2KY interviews where he was spruiking the "done deal" of Bennett to the Broncos.

woodyk2

First Grade
Both Stewarts should of head butted him. Maybe they said ''skeepe wants man love with you in the brown bit''.