What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Mary be sacked?

Should Mary be saked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

possm

Coach
Since late last year I've held the view that Mary is not the type of coach our great Club needs. Time and time again it seems he has failed to produce a good game plan, he has failed to get our boys up for the game and in my opinion he has made poor selection decisions.

This week his DUI has brought our Club into disrepute and at the same time shown a bad example to the players he controls.

It's time to go Mary.

Last edited:

Ruby

Juniors
I vote for him to go.

Not for being 0.6 though.

Because he has proven he couldn't organise an ant attack on a honey jar!

He couldn't organise a race horse to run straight.....in the straight!

And he mumbles.

possm

Coach
Surely, the result of today's game should inspire forum members to get in and vote for Mary's sacking.

coastiedragon

Juniors
Get the save our saints banners out again its not nrl standard we couldnt score from a dealer attack is like watching a comedy movie catch ya mary

He should never have been appointed to start with.

The longer it takes to sack him, the greater the damage to the club.

But end of year (non) performance review will spare him. Price years all over.

Straight Shooter

TheSaints

Juniors
If we think for 1 second we will be a primership contending side with Mary at the helm we are all delusional .. To put it simply he does not have what it takes to be a first grade coach ! Why to we continue to support him ? All we are and all we will ever be is a team that either just makes the 8 or just miss out on the 8 we will never dominate in the nrl as long as he is coach let's be real here.

Dragon66

Juniors
Forget about the first six weeks, today was Mary's real test.

A Warriors team on the ropes,mass changes and nothing to lose, and we play right into their hands.
We apply no pressure, let them throw the ball around with gay abandon and pay the price.
The worst feature was they had no respect for our side as they smashed us in defence, and charged on to ball bending our defensive line at will for most of the game.

Mary you failed, and you must fall for on your sword. But No coach resigns because the pay is too good, so to the Dragons Committee, grow some balls and do what you have to do PLEASE!

nrlnrl

First Grade
I vote for him to go.

Not for being 0.6 though.

Because he has proven he couldn't organise an ant attack on a honey jar!

He couldn't organise a race horse to run straight.....in the straight!

And he mumbles.

Or teach a fish to swim.

Both he & Steve Price have failed as coaches because they were trying to be Wayne Bennett clones with their methods (right through to the repetitive press conferences). The decisions being made from the top down are awful when it comes to appointing coaching staff, recruiting staff & general jobs for the boys. The 'he's a good bloke' mentality to these people & also some players is destroying the club. Who would want to come & play for them?

Please, Peter Doust & others who are hanging on through stubborn pride, step aside - people will think more of you. The longer you stay, the more damage you create & leave a bigger mess for the unfortunate people who are next in those positions.

RedVDave

First Grade
SACKED*

And well yeah not to late for everyone to meet ans Saints leagues next Thursday and protest to REALLY show your support and colours as opposed to just typing about as whilst its nice to vent accomlishes nothing.

kit66

Bench
I don't usually post in threads like this but I think it's pretty obvious that our main problem is our coach. Look at today's selections and today's game plan.
One measure of a coach's worth imo is how a team that's behind comes out in the 2nd half. A good coach will give the team the inspiration or the game plan they need to get back into it and at least put in a good show. Look at our 2nd halves - the worst in recorded history.
We've got nothing in attack - for example - today we have a scrum 25-30 metres from the NZ line, ball's fed, passed from the base to a flat footed Benji, he takes a step forward, looks around for someone to pass to - no-one there, in fact no-one moving at all and the defence swamp him. I walked away from the screen for 10 minutes, I couldn't believe what I was witnessing.
With the exception of NQ our forwards are the equal of any in the comp on their day and are the only reason we've had any success this year. Our backline aren't great but could be made to work better by a smart coach.
We aren't a total basket case but if we don't change coaches soon our season is lost.

Last edited:

SAP58

Juniors
I voted yes but it wont happen, unfortunately no matter how good a coach you are if you simply cannot get the best out of the players then you must go. The performance today was embarrassing forget about the rubbish bunker decisions we still had enough opportunities to win today if we were committed. 33 missed tackles, simple handling errors, forward passes etc etc. Mr Doust will do nothing except go to out lunch as usual. I have been a Dragons man all my life, no wonder I have no hair left !

BrissyRedV

Bench
The majority of our issues stem from him. Will he be sacked? Well they had the perfect opportunity during the week and didn't so I doubt it. Pity.

Ruby

Juniors
Wow....victory....I love the way I have been criticised and lampooned for speaking up and saying get rid of Mary every day this entire year.....i have been subject to ridicule and told I know little.

Well suck eggs fellas!!

You get what you reap.

No apologies accepted.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Your kidding aren't you? Replace him with who? And don't just start plucking names from existing clubs, IT WONT HAPPEN.

Sack Mary, and all you'll get for a replacement is Millward, or Hornby, or Craig Young will have another crack, or worse they'll get that assistant coach from the club down the road who are going OK.

Mary may deserve to be sacked, but unless there is a suitable replacement, I'll stick with the devil I know.

He moves the best full back in the club to right centre and the right centre to left centre and brings in a guy who is not a first grader.

Aitken played very well.

Duges was wasted at right centre. Had Duges played full back, 2 of the Warriors tries are not scored.

They let PM leave mid season and don't had a player to cover Lafai.

Coaching genius affected three positions to cover one.

That says it all. He cannot coach.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Your kidding aren't you? Replace him with who? And don't just start plucking names from existing clubs, IT WONT HAPPEN.

Sack Mary, and all you'll get for a replacement is Millward, or Hornby, or Craig Young will have another crack, or worse they'll get that assistant coach from the club down the road who are going OK.

Mary may deserve to be sacked, but unless there is a suitable replacement, I'll stick with the devil I know.

Demetriou if it has to be internal or go for Toovey. But yes, you would be right. We would likely end up with one of those you mention and that would in turn end up a long term appointment again. Caught in a conundrum again.

Last edited:

Suggest they sack Mary and appoint Millward, that way we get to sack 2 useless coaches in 12 months.