What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Ross be sacked?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Hopoate was given 17 weeks for his hit on galloway.
he was then sacked. I'm sure his contract was much different though.

However, now is a good time for putting the ole cajones on the line.

I don't think we should sack him. I know hes on big bucks but we have invested over 600k in Bird & 600k in simmons.
The Bird investment may well pay off, despite his suspensions & injuries.
Simmons must be a tax right off.

Ross should be kept & should finish his career at the Sharks. He has many good years to come, including this season.

Wanted to make this a poll! BS?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Some Sharks fans are not fans of Ross.
he is very much maligned due to his high pay packet, not form. Especially on this forum.

jc155776

Coach
Sacking him would still waste the cap space for this year.

He fugged up, but I dont think we should sack him.

Will come back fresh and hopefully hurt farkers.

Whatever his suspension is he should be ridden hard (assuming he has no niggliung problems) to get him super fit and hungry to play again.

He played well against the storm except for the idiotic hit.

carcharias

Immortal
no
don't sack him.

He should be made to clean the dunnies at the North Eastern corner after saturday night games.

We need the bloke on the field.

SharkShocked

Bench
Wait and see how he comes back after a long stint on the sidelines (that much at least is guaranteed)

He has spoken so much about wanting to impress this year, and i thought his first 18 odd minutes against the Storm was quite good and he got heavily involved.

It will truely reveal his charachter how he comes back after his time off. Let's see if he keeps working hard whilst on the sideline....

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Dont sack him.

Fine him tho, take back some of that pay packet he wont be earning while on holidays.

Special K

Coach
No he shouldn't be sacked.

However....

I have a massive, massive problem with Ben Ross. I supported the signing, I have stuck up for him the past two years. I'm done. Ben was worth 400k at the time we signed him. He was coming off some devastating perfomances in origin and I really thought he would become an Australian prop esp when Sticky came on board. Now he isn't even the best prop in our side - Douglas is.

But the amount of time he has had off the park is ridiculous. That 400k could be invested in so many different ways a year. We could of landed Willie, made a play for Petro etc. If he gets 12 weeks then that is over 1 million dollars we will have spent for him to sit on the sidelines. That elbow was f**king stupid. Maybe we spent that 400k on Joel Caine's or Joel Hannay's or Matt Seers's for the past two seasons who knows but it would of been nice with some breathing room.

I want Ross as a shark but I don't want him at the price we are paying. He has had over two seasons with us and had six decent games. That injury f**ked him and us. Yes he may recover and be the player he once was but now all he seems to be worried about is being a nice guy in the paper. Every f**king week it is the same story. Ben Ross feels hard done by. Ugh.

Ben STFU. Train hard and get back on the park. We need him. He is a big scary f**ker who hurts in defence and runs hard. He is a good/great player. I would look to re-sign him at a cheaper rate. Hell he should play for free for a year to even things up!

That said hopefully he comes back better then ever and kills it and we bump this topic laughing

Frenzy.

Post Whore
hmm

Interesting topic reef. I'm not a great fan of Ben Ross but actualy saw what value we might of gotten out of him in he Storm game. He was damn good up until his neurons imploded on Cronk.

However, in view of some of Spec K's thoughts above it's a bit hard justifying the cash he's on to have him in the bleachers.

I reckon this should be explained to him in ster terms and a pay cut offered. If he's happy to downgrade by say 20-25% then he stays. If he's not and gets over 10 weeks for this indiscretion I'd be very tempted to show him the door if I was in the position to open it.

Then again, if the match had of been a semi or even grand final would he have anyone on his back?

It's a pity the Sharks couldn't have written certain clauses into his contract cause f*ck he owes us.

I read an article today where forwards from other clubs reckon he's soft and a bit of a wuss! N names or clubs mentioned but I could see how others may see him that way.

Don't sack him but make him work extra hard during his holiday on the side lines. Extra training. Work him that hard that he'll use his brain next time. FMD I'm still shaking my head over this.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Coastal Shark said:
I read an article today where forwards from other clubs reckon he's soft and a bit of a wuss! N names or clubs mentioned but I could see how others may see him that way.

That doesn't surprise me that their are no names or clubs mentioned.

This guy gets out there & plays front row & gets knocked out & is the first player in years to play the following weekend.
The critics remain anonymous, on far lesser pay packets & with much uglier girl friends.

I remind people of jason Stevens, who IMO was the best front rower to ever play for the Sharks.
He went off in a grand final after 2 minutes with a dislocated or cut finger. That change(no interchange) pretty much cost St GEorge any chance.
in his first years with the Sharks, the guy that paid huge money for him, Lang, used to hook him off the field & berate him on the sidelines.
We ended up getting 10 great years out of Stevo.

imasharkie

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
That doesn't surprise me that their are no names or clubs mentioned.

This guy gets out there & plays front row & gets knocked out & is the first player in years to play the following weekend.
The critics remain anonymous, on far lesser pay packets & with much uglier girl friends.

I remind people of jason Stevens, who IMO was the best front rower to ever play for the Sharks.
He went off in a grand final after 2 minutes with a dislocated or cut finger. That change(no interchange) pretty much cost St GEorge any chance.
in his first years with the Sharks, the guy that paid huge money for him, Lang, used to hook him off the field & berate him on the sidelines.
We ended up getting 10 great years out of Stevo.

I would put a few other props before Stevo.

Danny "the ox" Lee and Dane Sorenson come to mind quickly. And what about that Pommy bloke Quiggs talks about.

Quigs

Immortal
Big Cliffy would of ate Stevo for breakfast.

Back on topic. I like Ross. I reckon he will repay us all one day.

The bloke showed his intestinal fortitude by wanting to front up and declaring himself ready to rumble so close after the manly kerfuffle. I reckon he has got balls.

I saw him tearing in early inthe Storm game and doing some good stuff. No show pony, no asking for favours. He lead from the front like a good front rower.

He was in it up to his remaining teeth.

He was out to show the world and us he meant business. Then the brain snap.

Hey he is an old school front rower and brain snaps - well - are brain snaps.

If he did it in a GF and knocked the socks off the star ball player then everyone in here would be singing a merry tune.

And don't sell me that crap that guys like him might loose us a GF or an important game.

If we had a team full of them then we wouldn't loose to many.

You need mad big mongrels to win the farkin comp, especially if you have not ever, ever won one. Because its the blokes you like to go over the top of the trenches with that win you the big prizes.

Not fluffy wuffy over rated over paid bulked up centers. The win starts in the front row.

f**k I hope a couple more of our blokes front the judiciary before September. Because I want the other sides to know that they have played against the sharks.

None of the 'heard from no names from other clubs that our bloke is a soft c*ck. "

Shoot their mouths off - snott em - thats my theory.

Arrrh bring it all back.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Inferno

Coach
Personally I was always a big Marty Lang fan.

I can see where you are coming from Quigs, but it doesn't help us having a mad angry mongrel, if he can't stay on the field because he is constantly suspended.

Quigs

Immortal
Its early in the season inf.... correct me if I am wrong but it is still March.

He will rise come September. (Mark my works)

Big games are like State of Origin - they - the wise men have different rules for different games.

If they want to wipe you out they will. Check the records.

If they don't want to wipe out so and so then they will let the big men run free. You can't hold back.

I reckon Ross will be up there with slice bread by the end of the season.

f**k how many chances have they given Big Willie.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Full marks to ross for wanting to play- Full marks to him for playing and helping sharks to a win over last seasons pemeirs with a rip in game ..... NO marks for the so called older and wiser heads that let him play . Hed have come back next week with a bit more pent up agression and also a bit more control . The Elbow was NOT an agressive move if- it had been it would have been Cronk in Disneyland . It was however something that the powers that be have vowed to clamp down on so the end result is going to be worse than a couple weeks on the sidelines clearing the cobwebs out of the brain .

Latest posts