What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Ross be sacked?

Snoop Shark

First Grade
imasharkie said:
I would put a few other props before Stevo.

Danny "the ox" Lee and Dane Sorenson come to mind quickly. And what about that Pommy bloke Quiggs talks about.

Wise words there ima.

As for ross, no we shouldn't sack him, he should have a conscience and offer us:

a. a pay cut or

b. walk.

That would show true character.

coolumsharkie

Referee
It's simple really... if he wanted to take the prick out he would've.

And not with 10 minutes to go either.

End of story.

Nullajet

Juniors
I dont understand what all the carry on is about...it was a careless silly thing to do...but it was hardly damaging..

we need him back as soon as he serves his time.

No biggy....just dont do it again.

lotti

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
Hopoate was given 17 weeks for his hit on galloway.
he was then sacked. I'm sure his contract was much different though.

However, now is a good time for putting the ole cajones on the line.

I don't think we should sack him. I know hes on big bucks but we have invested over 600k in Bird & 600k in simmons.
The Bird investment may well pay off, despite his suspensions & injuries.
Simmons must be a tax right off.

Ross should be kept & should finish his career at the Sharks. He has many good years to come, including this season.

Wanted to make this a poll! BS?
Hoppa had a good behavior clause in his contract so when he was charged with an offense because of that clause Manly could sack him so unless Ross has the same clause he might not be able to be sacked.

carcharias

Immortal
stevo's finger was a compound break I thought.

He was good somedays and great others ...and then he would fug it all up by being a typical dumbarse front rower by getting suspended for trivial shyte.
I recall him getting done for ragdolling a very young and skinny wests player call Brett Hodgson after a scrum.
It was totally pointless and unecessary....hodgson got hurt pretty bad too I remember.
Then there was the fuggen homoerotic atomic wedgies.

Can anyone see Dougy doing anything stupid that would see him get suspended?
Sure there will be high shots that go wrong but if we could clone him we would be laughing.

Special K

Coach
Wasn't that Milford? He ate him in a tackle then got the sh*ts when he stayed down so he picked him up with one hand lol

carcharias

Immortal
Special K said:
Wasn't that Milford? He ate him in a tackle then got the sh*ts when he stayed down so he picked him up with one hand lol
oh maybe

I thought it was BH when he played 7 at wests.

I am probably wrong...either way the liltte fella got hammered by the big dumb front rower..

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
blacktip-reefy said:
Hopoate was given 17 weeks for his hit on galloway.
he was then sacked. I'm sure his contract was much different though.

However, now is a good time for putting the ole cajones on the line.

I don't think we should sack him. I know hes on big bucks but we have invested over 600k in Bird & 600k in simmons.
The Bird investment may well pay off, despite his suspensions & injuries.
Simmons must be a tax right off.

Ross should be kept & should finish his career at the Sharks. He has many good years to come, including this season.

Wanted to make this a poll! BS?
No way should he be sacked. He looked committed to the hit, he stupidly had his elbow up which made matters worse.

But you saw instantly after he hit Cronk, he leant over to make sure he was okay before White the softcock waited until Ross' arms were held before he hit him with a punch.

If you ask me, Ross' incident was an unfortunate accident and he should get only 3-4 weeks at worse, White's was gutless, unneccessary and intentional and he should get just as long on the sidelines as Ross, or more.

Ross showed remorse and concern. White didn't.

DJDL

First Grade
Very hard to compare Ross's hit with Hoppa. Hoppa came sprinting out of the defensive line, about 3 or 4 positions to the left of who he should have been marking, lept off the ground and absolutely smashed Galloway. It was dangerous, reckless, and pre-meditated. He got what he deserved.

Ross was just supid.

Some good points in here on punishment though. He should most definitely be sat down and told in no uncertain terms how little value he has provided for the money he is on and that he will be taking a pay cut at his next contract. He should then have his ass whooped mercilessly at every training session till he's back

The problem with Ross is that he has had too many incidents now, a grade 1 in future will cost him 3 weeks, thats something that the club cant afford, 2nd time being suspended in just over 2 years for a smiliar hit, they will watch him now, to point anything minor will be grade 1.

we could look at swapping him with another player, but we would have to wait on seeing how long suspension is, the Bulldogs might look at offloading Reni Matuia, i know he is backrower, but we now need some coverage there.

The other one is left field Morley is still at Warrington, why not swap get him for just over a year, then there would be something to fear in our props

Nuffs

Bench
i'm still willing to give the guy a go, but if he doesn't perform like an Origin standard prop when he gets back from suspension, then piss him off

sladden road

Juniors
wellnubbsy mentioned this last night on fox..kinda suggested that if the clud docked or sacked him, although they may have been justified, it would destabilise the relation ship between front and back....so i reckon a decrease in furhter earnings would be fair if it happens again ..after the very simlar hit on cleal last year my patience is running out..too much expectation due to the fact we paid overs and therefore a self fufiiling prophecy to act up to it...hes no stevo and i put before him players i have seen with my own eyes...the ox , les , sorensons, lang, and stevo..lomg way to go and leaves us vulnerable due to lazyness

Omnishark2

Juniors
Should Ross be sacked - absolutely not !

He is a quality prop, in the top 5 or 6 in NRL for mine.
Did we pay overs for him - probably, whose fault is that ?
Has he spent time out injured - yes, serious knee injuries tend to do that to you.
Has he talked the media - yes so what, he's obviously remorseful for what's happened.

Is there anyone out there who's played a contact sport who hasn't got momentary nospam29 on the field ? Especially if you're missing teeth, have been baited & niggled all game, and are probably still concussed from the week before. He is one tough bastard, and we need his size especially at finals time. Yes it was stupid, but who's never done something stupid in the heat of battle ?

I reckon most of the anti-Ross stuff is because of his whiny voice & big pay packet. The same detractors probably hated David Beckham in his prime too.

Good luck at the judiciary mate, looking forward to having you back ripping & tearing after 8 weeks or so.

As for Melbourne's whingeing eg Cameron Smith publicly calling for Ross to be stamped out & made an example of ... karma can be a bitch, what goes around comes around. I have lost a lot of respect for "Cam" over the past couple of days.

Ausguy

Coach
can someone explain why he is CAM all of a sudden?
whats wrong with cameron? cam makes him sound like he is 5 yrs old and just strting kindy.....

lotti

Bench
good thing we don't play the Sharks again until the finals or next year which ever comes first. Is Mr. Ross going to learn from his mistake this time?