What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should South Sydney Still Be In The Nrl?

• Yes

Votes: 62 60.2%
  • No

Votes: 41 39.8%

• Total voters
Souths are the worst team in football. They are run incredibly poorly. They play with less heart than probably any other team. They lack talent thanks to their administration but also manage to under achieve.

bartman

Immortal
Eventually there will be one less Sydney-based team in years to come, as the game looks to expand. I don't think the team that will go missing will be Souths.

In three year's time it will be a different team at the bottom, and Souths could be a team making the eight regularly. They're about to move forward and jettison their old baggage in the backroom, they definitely have future potential.

NGR

Juniors
The Sunshine State said:
Souths are the worst team in football. They are run incredibly poorly. They play with less heart than probably any other team. They lack talent thanks to their administration but also manage to under achieve.
couldnt agree more...

however those times are fast becoming a thing of the past...

Quidgybo

Bench
If the question was "Should the Rabbitohs still be in the NRL" then my answer would be yes, absolutely - they are a tradition of the game that should be maintained forever. But whether a team should be based in South Sydney is a different matter entirely. Rugby League at the first class level has both outgrown that area as well as having other areas of far greater priority to the future growth of the game (ie. Gosford). I think the Rabbitohs, Bears and Jets should all have had a long term future at the top level, just not in the areas where they began. Would Rugby League really be any worse off if we now had the Canberra Jets, Newcastle Magpies, Melbourne Bears, and Central Coast Rabbitohs?

Leigh.

Phillips

Referee
what a stupid question

yes they should be.

i dont think any superleague teams should be in the NRL, biggest mistake ever was letting them join back up

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
of course they shouldn't.

they were booted for a reason, allowed back in only to go straight to being in the same situation they were in when they got the arse the first time round.

nqboy

First Grade
Phillips said:
i dont think any superleague teams should be in the NRL, biggest mistake ever was letting them join back up
You need to smoke less, it's affecting your brain (always assuming you were smarter before you started smoking) and making you paranoid.

NGR

Juniors
Quidgybo said:
If the question was "Should the Rabbitohs still be in the NRL" then my answer would be yes, absolutely - they are a tradition of the game that should be maintained forever. But whether a team should be based in South Sydney is a different matter entirely. Rugby League at the first class level has both outgrown that area as well as having other areas of far greater priority to the future growth of the game (ie. Gosford). I think the Rabbitohs, Bears and Jets should all have had a long term future at the top level, just not in the areas where they began. Would Rugby League really be any worse off if we now had the Canberra Jets, Newcastle Magpies, Melbourne Bears, and Central Coast Rabbitohs?

Leigh.
why the rabbits but? The roosters are right next door and have next to no juniors...
We may not have been a successful club for a while but these things happen, almost every club has had its period of crap..

Phillips

Referee
nqboy said:
You need to smoke less, it's affecting your brain (always assuming you were smarter before you started smoking) and making you paranoid.

When you ASSUME you make an ASS out of U and ME :sarcasm:

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Maybe we should kick out all of the remaining traditional clubs in Sydney, and setup new teams in the Central Coast, Wellington, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin and even Tasmania. We will have the map covered, and be able to smash the AFL into oblivion. We are on a winner.

Great Idea.

buster bunny

Juniors
hadoboy said:

You picked an interesting day to ask this stupid question. One day after Peter Holmes a Court is successful in aquiring the Leagues Club and once again helping the club go forward. If Souths could survive so many years at the bottom of the table and managed so unprofessionaly then I doubt they will leave the NRL anytime soon now that Homes a Court and Crowe are in control.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Phillips said:
what a stupid question

yes they should be.

maybe you should find out who funds our game and the answer would be right there.

Latest posts