What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Steve Kearney coach Parra ?

ozbash

Referee
I realise we have no say in it, but wondered what you thought of our Kiwi coach coaching a rabble of a club.

Its obviously a club in major disaray, Brian Smith told them to get f**ked and now Ando has been given the arse.. I reckon they are a good team, but as a club, do you think its a good environment for Kearney to cut his coaching teeth ?

I dont and really dont want to see the guy fall on his face.

Rich102

Staff member
He's had a good apprenticiship under Bellamy and Bennett.
Now is the time to see if he can make it all work.
Will be an interesting time - I wish him well.
Wonder where Anderson will go?

Skinner

Coach
I look at the other side to it really. Is Kearney ready for a head coach role ? I have serious doubts. I know he has to get a start somewhere, but........

Coaching a kiwi side for a couple of tests per year, where he gets a heap of help from Tony Iro and a bunch of other good people, is very different to a head coach role in the weekly rigours of NRL footy, with a CEO and a board breathing down your neck every step of the way.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
If he is any good, he will prosper, the junior base and quality of juniors is enormous they have an X Factor player all ready on the roster.

Im glad hes scored a head coach role it will only make him a better coach. However going to the Eels is not the type of club for your first gig as head coach. Way to political. And ive read now that there is another push from a rival ticket to get conrtol of the board and club

samsonite

Juniors
Very few head coaching roles come up so I reckon he should take his opportunity.

From his comments sounds like he is ready for the role as top dog can remember a few years back his name was being mooted for the Warriors? but at the time wanted to continue under Bellamy.

Guessing the bloke has been to the bottom of the barrell this year anyway so he will have a thick skin

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Best of luck to him, just for that i hope that if we don't win the premiership next that its the Eels.

maddest_kiwi

Juniors
depends, does he want to move to england in two years?

This could be on the cards???

NRL: Kearney axed by Eels - reports

Kiwis coach Stephen Kearney is being cut loose by the Parramatta Eels according to Australian media reports.

The bottom-placed Eels will hold a press conference tomorrow to confirm Kearney's departure, the Daily Telegraph reports.

Kearney was told of the decision by the club today.

The Eels have won just nine of their 41 matches since Kearney took over at the start of the 2011 season from Daniel Anderson.

Advertisement

According to the Sydney Morning Herald, New South Wales coach Ricky Stuart has been tipped to take over from Kearney.

Parramatta currently sit in 16th place on the NRL table with just three wins from 17 matches and host the top of the table Melbourne Storm on Saturday.

Kearney coached the Kiwis to Rugby League World Cup glory in 2008 and victory at the Four Nations tournament two years later.

www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10820797

Rich102

Staff member
Sad to see a once great club in such disarray. Booting Kearney seems stupid.

Meth

Staff member
I realise we have no say in it, but wondered what you thought of our Kiwi coach coaching a rabble of a club.

Its obviously a club in major disaray, Brian Smith told them to get f**ked and now Ando has been given the arse.. I reckon they are a good team, but as a club, do you think its a good environment for Kearney to cut his coaching teeth ?

I dont and really dont want to see the guy fall on his face.

wow this was really on to it. Was this Ali posting from your account?