What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Steve Kearney coach Parra ?

jaseg

Juniors
Kearney doesn't have an awful squad.

Yeah, he kinda did. When the players expected to carry the team are Jarryd Hayne (the most unreliable **** I've seen in league) & Chris Sandow, you're in trouble. The Storm result means little, teams often fire up for a game or two after a mid-season change. The Eels have too many young guys, average mid-career guys, experienced guys who aren't quite up to it anymore and 'stars' that aren't worth the money they're paid.

If I was looking at recruiting players from the Eels (not necessarily for the Warriors, but for any decent team) I'd take Ken Sio, Tim Mannah and Joseph Paulo - maybe Mitchell Allgood or Willie Tonga (depending on the $ Tonga is getting). That's it.

Rich102

Staff member
Yeah, he kinda did. When the players expected to carry the team are Jarryd Hayne (the most unreliable **** I've seen in league) & Chris Sandow, you're in trouble. The Storm result means little, teams often fire up for a game or two after a mid-season change. The Eels have too many young guys, average mid-career guys, experienced guys who aren't quite up to it anymore and 'stars' that aren't worth the money they're paid.

If I was looking at recruiting players from the Eels (not necessarily for the Warriors, but for any decent team) I'd take Ken Sio, Tim Mannah and Joseph Paulo - maybe Mitchell Allgood or Willie Tonga (depending on the $ Tonga is getting). That's it.

Sounds like another team I know.

ozbash

Referee
Stuarts the coach next year.

He failed at the chooks and the sharks and nsw.

He'll fail at Parra too.

Warmess

Juniors
Will definitely be interesting to see. There's a lot of talk about that 'rotten culture' at the Eels, and they've burned through their fair share of coaches. Stuart has shown recently that he has what it take to bring a squad together and perform well. His NRL experience shows otherwise.

I hope Stuart finds a bit of success there. It's time for another club to be the cellar dwellar.

....Just not the Warriors, please.