What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should we go to court to claim our premierships back?

Should we take the NRL to court to claim our premierships back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lambretta

First Grade
I want to start by stating that I am a Melboure Storm fan. I might be a Roosters supporter, but I do love the Storm (I have the baseball cap to prove it)

Melbourne is one of the few areas where we have grown the game, actually it's about the only sodding place we've grown the game since Super League and for that I applaud the Melbourne Storm and all the fans who've got on board.

I look forward to the day when Rugby League expands beyond the confines of Sydney and Brisbane and looks to other markets as it did in Melbourne and I hope the NRL has the foresight to give Melbourne the ongoing support it deserves to survive and thrive in the NRL.

What most detractors of Melbourne and the salary cap issue ignore is that if you do not grow whilst others are growing then you are shrinking.

Since 1980 the AFL has gone into Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth & Sydney and is now looking to expand into the Gold Coast and Western Sydney.

The NRL has gone to places it's already been strong in and pulled out of all the places where it wasnt strong except for Melbourne.

The rules around the salary cap are there to stop the strong killing off the weak. Melbourne by way of viewing things are weak. No juniors, no print media coverage in their own City, no tv coverage, etc etc etc. Therefore the rules are flawed and shouldnt apply.

The AFL sensibly gives long standing concessions to areas it wants to build up as AFL playing areas. The NRL says "you must compete financially on a level playing field even though you're hamstrung by every other disadvantage we can possibly consider" - this is complete and utter madness. Anyone that tells you otherwise is a f**king moron, or a one eyed St George supporter. When it comes to discussing Melbourne, there's no difference, my apologies.

Now having said ALL that, and you know I'm on your side, I just cant see what is to be gained by a painful and damaging court case. Personally, I dont think the titles should have been taken. You earned them and whilst you spent more money, you spent it on players YOU had developed that no one else wanted until you had done so. i dont have a problem with the Storm being Premiers in 07 and 09 and in my mind THEY ALWAYS WILL BE.

But a court case IS NOT the solution.

We know that the game is run by f**king idiots. We know that they see little beyond the small details and we know what their personality type is. We can only hope, pray and scream loudly for an independent commission to come in and give us a vision for the future. God knows we need one and god knows we need the Melbourne Storm to be a part of it.

I'm coming to Melbourne in July for a holiday and the first Storm fan I see wearing a jersey is getting a hug from me. I'm that f**king emotional.

GO THE STORM!

StormChaser

First Grade
Well that and the fact that outspoken Storm fans are thin on the ground around this place lately and it's annoying me!

Carnifex

Juniors
Well that and the fact that outspoken Storm fans are thin on the ground around this place lately and it's annoying me!

Yeah ive noticed we have been coping it from left right and centre on here! Thats expected from F*ckwit Dragons fans though :roll:. Ill try and get on more and help out...and by help out i mean such posts like "we cheated the cap?...yeah but .....your mums fat! HA!"...

MsStorm

Bench
I want to start by stating that I am a Melboure Storm fan. I might be a Roosters supporter, but I do love the Storm (I have the baseball cap to prove it)

Melbourne is one of the few areas where we have grown the game, actually it's about the only sodding place we've grown the game since Super League and for that I applaud the Melbourne Storm and all the fans who've got on board.

I look forward to the day when Rugby League expands beyond the confines of Sydney and Brisbane and looks to other markets as it did in Melbourne and I hope the NRL has the foresight to give Melbourne the ongoing support it deserves to survive and thrive in the NRL.

What most detractors of Melbourne and the salary cap issue ignore is that if you do not grow whilst others are growing then you are shrinking.

Since 1980 the AFL has gone into Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth & Sydney and is now looking to expand into the Gold Coast and Western Sydney.

The NRL has gone to places it's already been strong in and pulled out of all the places where it wasnt strong except for Melbourne.

The rules around the salary cap are there to stop the strong killing off the weak. Melbourne by way of viewing things are weak. No juniors, no print media coverage in their own City, no tv coverage, etc etc etc. Therefore the rules are flawed and shouldnt apply.

The AFL sensibly gives long standing concessions to areas it wants to build up as AFL playing areas. The NRL says "you must compete financially on a level playing field even though you're hamstrung by every other disadvantage we can possibly consider" - this is complete and utter madness. Anyone that tells you otherwise is a f**king moron, or a one eyed St George supporter. When it comes to discussing Melbourne, there's no difference, my apologies.

Now having said ALL that, and you know I'm on your side, I just cant see what is to be gained by a painful and damaging court case. Personally, I dont think the titles should have been taken. You earned them and whilst you spent more money, you spent it on players YOU had developed that no one else wanted until you had done so. i dont have a problem with the Storm being Premiers in 07 and 09 and in my mind THEY ALWAYS WILL BE.

But a court case IS NOT the solution.

We know that the game is run by f**king idiots. We know that they see little beyond the small details and we know what their personality type is. We can only hope, pray and scream loudly for an independent commission to come in and give us a vision for the future. God knows we need one and god knows we need the Melbourne Storm to be a part of it.

I'm coming to Melbourne in July for a holiday and the first Storm fan I see wearing a jersey is getting a hug from me. I'm that f**king emotional.

GO THE STORM!

Thanks to Lambretta, Perverse, Micistm and others...we desperately need those hugs at the moment. You don't realize how much this is appreciated.

perverse

Referee
Jesus Christ, 'perverse', have you just had back to back wanks and lost all trace of your manly spirit. That was a post so gooey it defies logic. How 'bout you post it in the Parramatta forum, I'd like to see that.

Tar 'em with the same brush, and tar 'em good and then throw 'em in that sh!t creek called the Yarra.

Big Norm
it would look out of place in the parra forum, given it's about the Storm, it's fans and the drama they are going through.

however - i will certainly continue to post what i think, when i think it and where ever i choose to post it. you can count on it. i don't give a tumpany f**k what you or anyone else thinks about it either, really. thanks for making your unwanted, misplaced, convoluted and... most of all... "manly" opinion heard, though.

i actually hope the dragons win the premiership this year... and lose it a year or 2 later. that would be sweet irony... although i don't necessarily wish that upon the 99% of their fans that wouldn't deserve it. having you, and all your storm fan bashing cronies get hit in a bunch of freak bendy-bus accidents or something would be pretty cool, though.

actually, just save us the hassle of waiting for the universe to sort it out and kill yourself. please. you're only sullying the gene pool... and it's not fair on the rest of the species.
You are a man amongst men!
about time this started to catch on... :)
although i think you meant "god"... :D
most men are men... even (especially) when in the company of other men, funnily enough.
Thanks to Lambretta, Perverse, Micistm and others...we desperately need those hugs at the moment. You don't realize how much this is appreciated.
you're most welcome. the world isn't against you guys... and i really empathise with your plight at the moment. my club, and at least 2 of its greats in the Johns boys, have been beaten from pillar to post over the past 3 years with dramas at every level... and i know too well what it is like. i take my footy pretty seriously, and it can really gut you if you invest a lot of time, money and emotion into something and have it smashed like that.

Last edited:

blackandwhite

Juniors

GO THE STORM!

I'm not a storm fan either and I friggin hate the roosters...but until the idiots...ohh sorry f**king idiots.. running/ruining the game disappear we are stuck with this mess...and just like super league we have to put up with it...the season has become boring....Penrith second on the ladder..Yawn.

David Gallop and his mate Robert Finch need to exit from the game ASAP.

Storm jersey or no storm jersey those two should never be hugged !

hellteam

First Grade
Inside word is 2007 breaches we're minimal.

I don't think that would be much of a difference, the contracts would have been back ended, which at the end of the day means they got the players illegally. I can't see anything changing from the situation at the moment.

Even if the Storm lose Inglis/Hoffman/Blair, you'll still be a top 8 - probably top 4 team. The youngsters you have coming through are as good as anyones.