What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should we throw a lifeline to Sandow?

broncos2010

Juniors
Playing reserve grade again for eels, I think he is a great talent and a confidence type of player something he does not currently have at the eels.

But he is definitely on quality wise better then Wallace,Prince and Hunt.

Maybe he just needs to come home to Queensland and get a fresh start behind our more impressive forward pack then at eels on paper at least.

Thoughts?

unbreaK

Juniors
If it comes to the point where we look unlikely to get Milford at all.. then I'd be willing to give him a lifeline, cheaply of course, I wouldn't be paying him $500k.. Maybe $350k at most, on a 1 year deal, with an option for a 2nd year (Club option)

That way we have a decent half for 2014, and have the option to still chase all the good free agent halves in 2015, if we fail, re-sign Sandow for another year, rinse and repeat.

Bretto

Bench
Pretty much what unbreaK said, only I think $350k is a bit much. I still want Hunt as our Halfback. We could use Sandow as a kicking/running 5/8. He'd need to drop a few kilos, but when he's thin and fit, he's pretty quick.

I'm not totally opposed to the idea.

AceAv

Juniors
Yeh I agree with Un/Brett

He is inconsistent, but when he actually tries and plays with confidence, he can be very dangerous! Has speed and that x-factor to boot and would outshine Prince in every aspect.

But yeh 100% wouldn't be paying huge $ for him or long term contracts. I guess the issue that concerns me is though; He/his manager would be wanting good coin still with the promise of performance. If you pay peanuts; you get monkeys

icewind

Juniors
Be nice to get a combo of Barba/Milford/Johnson. Would be my dream list. Sandow is not on that list. Too inconsistant.

hugzy

Juniors
i've always liked chrissy, bet him at a bar once, cool guy (keep ur head up mate if by some random chance ur reading this)

i think under the right environment, he'll be worth 500k (and i actually think brissie would suit him)

7. sandow
6. hunt?

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
If we don't have a better option for 2014, then yes, 1 year deal. Gives us a chance for a big halves signing in 2015.

But god I hope we pick up someone in the halves for 2014. Looking less and less likely though :(

Big Pete

Referee
Any day of the week.

Sandow is a cancer, especially at 350K

Seriously, even Wallace >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sandow

unbreaK

Juniors
Wallace and Hunt for 2014 it is then.. Should we start giving Wallace more of a go at Five-Eighth now? Or are we going to be stuck with Prince/Hunt for next year.

Mr Saab

Referee
OMG....we are not that desperate. I would rather a halves combo of Maranta and Copely than Sandow

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
So why not a 1 year deal? Pretending we don't sign someone prior to 2014...

What do we do? Persist with either Hunt/Wallace, Hunt/Prince, Prince/Wallace combination, which we already know will take us nowhere. Or do we give Sandow a go, and if it works we will win some more games or if it doesn't go well we are no worse off then what we would have been and punt him for 2015.

Dazzat

First Grade
I recall Queensland winning a game of Origin with a player called TBA.

Can't see why the Broncos can't go well next year with a 5/8 with the same name.

Sandow? No. I'd rather roll the dice with a rookie - Cameron Cullen for example.

Big Pete

Referee
How do we know a Hunt/Wallace or Hunt/Prince won't take us anywhere? How many games have they had a chance to play together?

Grass isn't always greener folks. Look at Parra's grass right now.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
How do we know a Hunt/Wallace or Hunt/Prince won't take us anywhere? How many games have they had a chance to play together?

Grass isn't always greener folks. Look at Parra's grass right now.

Maybe because Wallace is a nuffie, Prince is past it and Hunt is not Lockyer (and will never get close). There is no combination of 2 out of those 3 that will take us anywhere near a premiership (or the top 4 for that matter). I really wish I could say the other way but it wouldn't be the truth.

Dazzat: Forgot about Cullen. Wouldn't be against giving him a shot over Sandow. Sandow would be a desperate play. But we are getting pretty desperate... (assuming we don't sign someone else)

Last edited:

Latest posts