1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

Ahead of Women in League Round this weekend, this bumper issue has plenty of features. Paul Jobber chats to Erin Molan about life in broadcasting, footy and more. Joshua Wells talks to NRLW player Botille Vette-Welsh about her rise in the women's game. We've also got Rick Edgerton's weekly finals piece, this week looking at the spines of each of the top eight sides. We also look at Old Boys Day through the eyes of Newcastle prop Daniel Saifiti.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 19 programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 17 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Shoutout to Kevin Walters

Discussion in 'State of Origin and other State Leagues' started by I Bleed Maroon, Jun 23, 2016.

1. RecordBreakingMaroons.

RecordBreakingMaroons. Juniors

Kev wants to stay. The QRL want him to stay. There is what will be happening.

2. Bronco18

Bronco18 Juniors

I wouldn't be surprised if he held out for Bennett's current contract to end. The Broncos should make a play for him then.

3. davi

davi Juniors

I read today an opinion piece suggesting Kevin Walters would be smarter to stay on as Queensland coach. The suggestion is that the Broncos job will be likely his after Wayne Bennett retires, and if the Broncos nab Paul Green to replace Bennett then Walters will likely replace Green at the Cowboys. They are more tempting scenarios for a coach then the uncertainty at the Titans right now.

Walters has a contract with the QRL as well. However, the possible downside is if Walters falters then he might not be as a hot commodity as he is right now.

4. RecordBreakingMaroons.

Look if winning zero series with the Blues didn't damage Ricky Stuart's reputation as a coach, Kevin Walters has nothing to worry about after winning two series consecutively. Especially given that no-one gave him any chance of winning the second series.

5. davi

davi Juniors

Ricky Stuart had coached Roosters to a premiership before he took on the NSW job. He had runs on the board in club football, Kevin Walters does not.

6. typicalfan

typicalfan Coach

Ricky has won a series with NSW

7. RecordBreakingMaroons.

Correct, I meant to say the second time around. I won't alter my post since my lack of qualifying my statement was a definite error.

8. RecordBreakingMaroons.

If we are going to acknowledge the Premiership and two consequent consecutive Grand Final appearances, we also need to acknowledge running second-last in the comp three times while coaching and one wooden spoon.

Walters might not have head coaching kudos but the teams that he was assistant coach of have not been wooden spooners nor second last in the comp.

9. typicalfan

typicalfan Coach

If he can get the Maroons through a transition period then his legacy might be stronger than if he moved on and coached the Titans to a few average seasons.

10. RecordBreakingMaroons.

11. davi

davi Juniors

I read today that if Kevin Walters does get the Broncos coaching job he is unlikely to coach Queensland this year. And then take over the Broncos job after the series. Apparently the word is Wayne Bennett and Paul Green are in the mix to replace him if he does get the Broncos job.

It is believed the short off-season and looming Broncos clean-out would make it too difficult for Walters to coach Queensland, while undertaking a rebuild at Red Hill.

The 2021 pre-season is slated for a November 9 start date and the first of three Origin games starts on November 4, which would make juggling both positions nearly impossible.

The QRL believe Walters would be too busy with his commitments at the Broncos should he take the job, which would require a hands-on approach from their last game of the season on September 24.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/9bb380d034e0e04b842e8bc36e6a8818

Fangs likes this.
  12. King hit

King hit Coach

[​IMG]

13. Fangs

Fangs Bench

Kevin walters! Kevin Walters!

If only Rabs were alive to bawl his name.

14. davi

davi Juniors

Kevin Walters has now ruled out quitting coaching Queensland at this years state of origin. Regardless of whether he lands the Broncos job or not.

Queensland coach Kevin Walters has confirmed he won't walk away from his State of Origin commitments this year if he's offered Brisbane's NRL gig.
    The Broncos legend is believed to be one of two serious options for the position along with former North Queensland coach Paul Green, who orchestrated the Cowboys' 2015 NRL title.

However, with the three-week Origin series set to start on November 4, Walters said he will not be walking away from his role as Maroons coach to take up early with the Broncos.
    "I'm fully committed to Origin this year," he told Big Sports Breakfast on Monday.

"We've put a lot of work into it and I'm very excited about what's going to happen in November from a Queensland point of view and that's been my driving force all year.
    "I'm really looking forward to that."

Walters, who won five premierships as a player with the Broncos, has consistently said he hasn't had contact with the club over the vacancy for 2021.

However, his name is being pushed by Broncos' old boys and his potential appointment has garnered growing support.

And while the Broncos will not rush into finding a replacement for Anthony Seibold, Walters is willing to be patient in pursuit of his dream job.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6903413/walters-committed-to-origin-gig-in-2020/?cs=14274

15. The_Frog

The_Frog Juniors

He'd be on a hiding to nothing at the Broncos.

16. Old tiger 79

Old tiger 79 Juniors

Hey Kevvie, just a shout out

17. redVinme

redVinme Juniors

Kevie please coach the broncos and QLD. Shout out to you bro. The rest of the comp is really behind you getting the job

jargan83 and Old tiger 79 like this.
  18. Old tiger 79

Old tiger 79 Juniors

Kevvie is a legend. He’ll be the tigers coach soon. That’s the mail I have

19. sensesmaybenumbed

sensesmaybenumbed Moderator Staff Member

Please, no

20. jargan83

jargan83 Coach

Kevvie won't need to quit Origin because Origin will be dead when NSW win 3 in a row.