What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shoutout to Kevin Walters

davi

Juniors
Kevie please coach the broncos and QLD. Shout out to you bro. The rest of the comp is really behind you getting the job

NSW had a superior squad to QLD last year and even then Queensland almost still won. Brad Fittler made seven changes last year after Game 1 loss. While all Walters could do was tinker with the team after Game 2 because the lack of depth particularly in the forwards. And even your sarcasm can't hide that fact.

redVinme

Bench
NSW had a superior squad to QLD last year and even then Queensland almost still won. Brad Fittler made seven changes last year after Game 1 loss. While all Walters could do was tinker with the team after Game 2 because the lack of depth particularly in the forwards. And even your sarcasm can't hide that fact.

NSW had a decade of having the confidence stomped out of the by the best team on the planet I can admit that as a blues supporter.

They have lack that killer instinct ever since. 2 in a row may make them play more positively but who knows. Until they play like QLD did during their dominance it'll always be that close.

I'll say the same about freddie then if it helps you Feel better.

Just like he was a joke at the roosters walters would be the same for Brisbane.

I'd be interested to hear you opinion of him as broncos head coach

davi

Juniors
NSW had a decade of having the confidence stomped out of the by the best team on the planet I can admit that as a blues supporter.

They have lack that killer instinct ever since. 2 in a row may make them play more positively but who knows. Until they play like QLD did during their dominance it'll always be that close.

I'd prefer Kevin Walters over Paul Green. Alot of journalists glow how Green won a premiership with the Cowboys, but ignore the fact the Cowboys have suxed for the last three years. I just wouldn't feel comfortable with Green taking over the Broncos straight after. Dragons apparently reached out to Green too but he knocked them back.

Kevin Walters should be given a go. I'll admit he may never be up to the latest sport science but he is a coach through and through. It should be reminded that he had to retool the QLD side for game 2 in 2017 against NSW which he pulled out another series win. When maybe Queensland shouldn't have.

It's also a myth that he was handed the QLD job on a silver platter and wasn't required do anything in 2016. He made alot new appointments when he got the job in 2016 to put his signature on the job.

The problem is the fans, media, and the city expect the Broncos to have nothing but the best. Which is why a big names like (Craig Bellamy, Trent Robinson, and Wayne Bennett) get associated with the job. But if you are expecting your next coach you sign can guarantee a premiership. You will be waiting a long time.

redVinme

Bench
I'd prefer Kevin Walters over Paul Green. Alot of journalists glow how Green won a premiership with the Cowboys, but ignore the fact the Cowboys have suxed for the last three years. I just wouldn't feel comfortable with Green taking over the Broncos straight after. Dragons apparently reached out to Green too but he knocked them back.

Kevin Walters should be given a go. I'll admit he may never be up to the latest sport science but he is a coach through and through. It should be reminded that he had to retool the QLD side for game 2 in 2017 against NSW which he pulled out another series win. When maybe Queensland shouldn't have.

It's also a myth that he was handed the QLD job on a silver platter and wasn't required do anything in 2016. He made alot new appointments when he got the job in 2016 to put his signature on the job.

The problem is the fans, media, and the city expect the Broncos to have nothing but the best. Which is why a big names like (Craig Bellamy, Trent Robinson, and Wayne Bennett) get associated with the job. But if you are expecting your next coach you sign can guarantee a premiership. You will be waiting a long time.

I appreciate your thoughtful response.

I agree, I mean we just got hook.

Kevvie may go OK with some decent assistants I guess I just feel the talisman affect is best suited to the shorter format in origin.

No doubt he has some technical nouse and can run an offence I wonder how the man management and the rest would go.

To your point though I think he is a better option than Green also who is hesitant to blood and develop youth which your team is full of.

Shame both our team made dumb decisions leading to our coaches getting sacked while all the decent ones are locked up.

lynx000

Juniors

I am also in the give Kev a go crew as well.

I posted elsewhere on here, other than one bad year at Catalans, his coaching record is pretty good. Even in that bad year at Catalans, they made the Challege Cup semi-final.

Do I think he is going to be the long-term answer? Probably no (I hope to be pleasantly surprised). But in the absence of being able to sign either Bellamy or Robinson, I think he is the best short term answer to unite the club, get the team playing for each other and to sort out some of the cultural issues. He will also repair the relationship with the Old Boys. There is really nothing to lose if he is given a 2 year contract or three with the last being an option in the club's favour.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Kevin Walters has now ruled out quitting coaching Queensland at this years state of origin. Regardless of whether he lands the Broncos job or not.

Queensland coach Kevin Walters has confirmed he won't walk away from his State of Origin commitments this year if he's offered Brisbane's NRL gig.
The Broncos legend is believed to be one of two serious options for the position along with former North Queensland coach Paul Green, who orchestrated the Cowboys' 2015 NRL title.

However, with the three-week Origin series set to start on November 4, Walters said he will not be walking away from his role as Maroons coach to take up early with the Broncos.
"I'm fully committed to Origin this year," he told Big Sports Breakfast on Monday.

"We've put a lot of work into it and I'm very excited about what's going to happen in November from a Queensland point of view and that's been my driving force all year.
"I'm really looking forward to that."

Walters, who won five premierships as a player with the Broncos, has consistently said he hasn't had contact with the club over the vacancy for 2021.

However, his name is being pushed by Broncos' old boys and his potential appointment has garnered growing support.

And while the Broncos will not rush into finding a replacement for Anthony Seibold, Walters is willing to be patient in pursuit of his dream job.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6903413/walters-committed-to-origin-gig-in-2020/?cs=14274
Kevvies full of shit!

Tweed Titan

Bench
No he's not. Kevin Walters obviously wanted to coach QLD, but the QRL and the Broncos wouldn't agree to it. Simple.
You mean Kevie Wevvie and the QRL asked how high when the almighty Broncos told them to jump?

Good to see the QRL are the Broncos little bitch. The QRL should have told the Broncos to get f**ked when they demanded Walters step down immediately as Qld coach a month or so before SOO.

Changing coaches so close to the series is a hilarious farce and shows how weak the QRL executives truly are in regards to their beloved Broncos. It's also another example of the extravagant arrogance of the Broncos that has got them into this mess.