What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shrek gone to Roosters

CJKnight

Juniors
Guess we will just have to chase O'Donnell...

Looks like the Dogs' pack are going downhill, they gave up all their money to keep SBW. That's Asotasi, Myles, and O'Meley they have lost now, all 3 are rep players too.

keeney

First Grade
When your whole pack including bench is rep players, you're obviously gonna lose some rep players.

Jono078

Referee
christopherjon said:
Guess we will just have to chase O'Donnell...
Why do we HAVE to go for him?

I really dont think we need him.. Unless we unload Reynoldson, Tanner and bunch of nuffie second rowers..

But we need backs more than we do second rowers..

I wouldnt mind throwing 450k Hodges way..

DanceMaster2000

Juniors
Knowing Smith he'll probably bring Michael Vella back from the UK.

Also expect Smith to resign Perry, he has a massive wrap on him and tried to lure him to Parra a few times.

Gene Krupa

Referee
DanceMaster2000 said:

Also expect Smith to resign Perry, he has a massive wrap on him and tried to lure him to Parra a few times.

Is that you Hages?

Jono078

Referee
DanceMaster2000 said:

That might have been because he saw the potential in Perry like some of us did, but now he probably knows Perry is pretty much useless.

CJKnight

Juniors
Jono078 said:
Why do we HAVE to go for him?

I really dont think we need him.. Unless we unload Reynoldson, Tanner and bunch of nuffie second rowers..

But we need backs more than we do second rowers..

I wouldnt mind throwing 450k Hodges way..

Why would you pay $450k for a dumb idiot? We already have Thiaday to give us heart attacks every round. Hodges is the kind of player that scores one try but gives 3 away.

But in all seriousness, I wouldn't mind seeing O'Donnell in the blue and red. Imagine that backrow:

11. Simmo
12. Patterson
13. O'Donnell

macavity

Referee
christopherjon said:
Why would you pay $450k for a dumb idiot? We already have Thiaday to give us heart attacks every round. Hodges is the kind of player that scores one try but gives 3 away.

in 2002 maybe.

in 2007 he is the best centre in the game - and yes im including Gasnier.

I don't think he will leave SEQLD, but he would still be my #1 (and only) targeted big-name.

and yes, I hate the guy....

Yosh

Coach
Dude I used to hate Hodgo. Remember back in 03 I think it was in one of the finals games between Roosters and Panthers and Hodgo and Girdler got into a biff and were going at each other for a while, trying to put big hits on each other. I SOOOOOOOOOOO wanted Girdler to freaken rip him. Now however, respect for Hodgo. He is too big for smaller defenders and a bit too fast for the bigger ones. Definately the best centre in the world!

Frederick

Staff member
Brett White is off contract. He'd be a great buy. But yeah, we need backs more than we need forwards.

perverse

Referee
Frederick said:
...what? You don't agree?
definately not. i think mcmanus, polglase, macdougall, mullen, franze, uate, kidley and dureau/walsh + a host of other juniors im not familiar with will be more than adequate for the next few years. we can maybe use 1 more quality outside back - a centre.

there is a huge issue in the front row for us at the moment, guys with plenty of potential but lack the drive and go forward. as i've said in another thread - if we can get our forwards going forward i think there are plenty of points in our backs. perry is dead weight, and wooly isn't really setting the world on fire at the moment. i think our back row will be fine.

i think we're missing craig smith the most this year - we need a replacement for him, and none of the forwards are stepping up to the plate at the moment. i can definately see why you would say we need backs - ours haven't looked very good in the first 3 rounds with the exception of kidley and mcmanus.. but i guarentee they will look 1000 times better if they get a bit more room to move. our centres are a concern - but i think the common opinion of putting mad dog to the centres, slotting uate into the wing and ditching tighe will improve this out of sight. polglase and franze will both be pushing for carmonts spot before long too (i hope anyway).

The Devil

Bench
What we really need.. is a clear out of the club.

For too long we've signed nuffies and re-signed even worse players.