What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

side for next week

strider

Post Whore
Avenger said:
The refeering performance from Clarke was disgraceful.

He is a merkin of a man.

i've been thinking about making a post about clarke somewhere - but didn't quite know what to say ..... but I think you summed it up quite well indeed .... so - what avenger said!

but in regards to mateo .... omg - imo he's NOT the answer .... i reckon he might just come out looking like a lazy unfit bugger in the NRL

strider

Post Whore
1. hayne
2. williams
3. b smith
4. tahu
5. grothe
6. morris
7. j smith (t smith please get your finger out - i think blake green looked better in PL)
8. tsoulos
9. marsh
10. fui
11. hindy
12. morrison
13. o'dwyer

14. riddell (i don't like him off the bench tho - maybe another week in PL - but we need some attacking player off the bench)
15. cordoba
16. taia (give him another shot)
17. vella (i just don't know if we have anyone better at the moment)

Bazal

Post Whore
1-Jarrod HAYNE
2-John WILLIAMS
3-Ben SMITH/Brett DELANEY
4-Timana TAHU
5-Eric GROTHE
6-Jeremy SMITH
7-Tim SMITH
8-Nathan CAYLESS (I believe he is due back??)
9-John MORRIS
10-Josh CORBOBA
11-Nathan HINDMARSH
12-Glenn MORRISON (c) (I thought he was good as skipper)
13-Luke O'DWYER

14-PJ MARSH
15-Dean WIDDERS
16-Fuifui MOIMOI (yes I know he blew Penrith away early but he seems to last longer when he comes off the bench, starting buggered him)
17-Zeb TAIA (played poor but is promising)

18-Michael VELLA (makes metres, but breaks less tackles than Joven Clarke. To fight for last bench spot with Zeb)

parra pete

Referee
fish eel said:
I'm surprised a few people are leaving Wags there.

I thought he should have stood up last night, but was a passenger

?????

You watched a different game to me then. I thought it was out of J Morris /D Wagon for best Eel on the ground. His tackling was relentless. What more do you want the bloke to do???

barney gumble

Juniors
Looks like a pretty good side to me. Do you reckon Ben Smith will be right to play? he has been missed.
Not sure about Fui in the starting line up, perhaps Widders should have been given a go starting. Though Fui certainly made an impact, but good starts aren't an issue for the team at the moment.

Bazal

Post Whore
parralight said:
We are a better side with Wags in the Forwards than him being out.

With Hindmarsh back, Wagon must drop out. He can tackle as well as Hindy but he actually disadvantages us in attack.

True EEL

Bench
ok here is my shot

1. Joel Reddy
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Ben Smith
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe
6. John Morris
7. Tim Smith
13. Daniel Wagon
12. Glenn Morrison
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
10. Michael Vella
9. Mark Riddell
8. Nathan Cayless (c)

14. PJ Marsh
15. Dean Widders
16. Chad Robinson
17. Fuifui Moimoi

seriously, if those guys are all fit and people like Wade are not (and maybe even if he is fit) that is the side i would pick and i would give it a few weeks

old-school forwards on a mission together and young, exciting, speedy backs

would feel a bit week for Jeremy Smith and a couple of others like John Williams whoc could be interchangeable in the backline, but JT has come in and made a statement early, now it's time to pick your best team and have a good old-fashioned dig for the next few weeks and see what happens

Stagger eel

Staff member
my side would be.

1 Jarryd Hayne
2 John Williams
3 Ben Smith
4 Timana Tahu
5 Eric Grothe
6 John Morris
7 Jeremy Smith
8 Paul Stringer
9 PJ Marsh
10 Fuifui Moimoi
11 Chad Robinson
12 Nathan Hindmarsh
13 Glen morrison

14 Mark Riddell
15 Dean Widders
16 Daniel Wagon
17 Michael Vella

Stagger eel

Staff member
True EEL said:
ok here is my shot

1. Joel Reddy
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Ben Smith
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe
6. John Morris
7. Tim Smith
13. Daniel Wagon
12. Glenn Morrison
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
10. Michael Vella
9. Mark Riddell
8. Nathan Cayless (c)

14. PJ Marsh
15. Dean Widders
16. Chad Robinson
17. Fuifui Moimoi

seriously, if those guys are all fit and people like Wade are not (and maybe even if he is fit) that is the side i would pick and i would give it a few weeks

old-school forwards on a mission together and young, exciting, speedy backs

would feel a bit week for Jeremy Smith and a couple of others like John Williams whoc could be interchangeable in the backline, but JT has come in and made a statement early, now it's time to pick your best team and have a good old-fashioned dig for the next few weeks and see what happens

he won't be available this week, his looking at coming back against St George.

True EEL

Bench
^^^

as i said if all were fit, but we are basically on the same pagfe with that side or squad at least though, i think Robinson is better off the bench, same with PJ

FROSTY319

Juniors
1. Reddy
2. Hayne
3. B. Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. J. Smith
7. T. Smith
8. Fuifui moimoi
9. Morris
10. Cordoba
11. Hindy
12. Morrison
13. wagon

14. Marsh
15. widders
16. Vella
17. tsolous

James_Hardie

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Williams
3. Tahu
4. O'Dwyer
5. Grothe
6. Wagon
7. T.Smith
8. Fui
9. Morris
10. Vella
11. Hindmarsh
12. Morrison
13. Robinson

14. PJ
15. Widders (if he doesn't perform then give Mateo a shot)
16. Peek
17. Cordoba

Can't believe the bad wraps Vella is getting, he was our best forward on Friday night.

People bag Wagon, but we need his class. Last week the opposition had Lee Hookey in the centres, and we couldn't get the ball out their because Jeremy Smith can clearly only throw torpedo passes in one direction. So if we don’t have a half that can pass, at least give me one that will run hard.

Based on early season form, Ben Smith will need at least a week in the lower grades to get match fit, and Riddell needs about half a dozen.

ParraAds

Juniors
James_Hardie said:
1. Hayne
2. Williams
3. Tahu
4. O'Dwyer
5. Grothe
6. Wagon
7. T.Smith
8. Fui
9. Morris
10. Vella
11. Hindmarsh
12. Morrison
13. Robinson

14. PJ
16. Peek
17. Cordoba

Can't believe the bad wraps Vella is getting, he was our best forward on Friday night.

People bag Wagon, but we need his class. Last week the opposition had Lee Hookey in the centres, and we couldn't get the ball out their because Jeremy Smith can clearly only throw torpedo passes in one direction. So if we don’t have a half that can pass, at least give me one that will run hard.

Based on early season form, Ben Smith will need at least a week in the lower grades to get match fit, and Riddell needs about half a dozen.

Good looking team mate, not sure about Peek though, its a bit of a toss up between him and Stringer I guess.

As for the Vella and Wagon knockers, ignore them, like I do :D

lucablight

First Grade
James_Hardie said:
1. Hayne
2. Williams
3. Tahu
4. O'Dwyer
5. Grothe
6. Wagon
7. T.Smith
8. Fui
9. Morris
10. Vella
11. Hindmarsh
12. Morrison
13. Robinson

14. PJ
16. Peek
17. Cordoba

I can live with the other decisions but for the other ones you have got to be kidding.......