What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side V Raiders

soupnazi

Juniors
1. ?
2. Lett
3. Emmett
4. ? Gasnier:lol:
5. Nightingale
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Hunt
9. Priddis
10. Prior
11. Smith
12. Merrin
13. Young
14. Saffy
15. Green
16. Greenfield
17. Thorby ?

Certains are cooper morris creagh costigan weyman Boyd:crazy:

Canberra will only miss Shillington maybe Lahrs

patzz_

Juniors
Hmm, not sure about costigan making the team.

Maybe try florence at fullback and bring a jnr onto the wing. Maybey Vickory or the young guy in toyota cup?

Nugby

Juniors
Yeah, definitely Flo to FB, hopefully see Vickery finally get a run. Kyle Stanley will probably be there instead of Gaz, but gee I'd be willing to move him to the wing to accommodate the prince of centres, and it'd be a perfect game to (re)blood him.

petetheileet

First Grade
1. Nightingale
2. Lett
3. Stanley
4. Prior
5. Vickory
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Hunt
9. Priddis
10. Green
11. Smith
12. Emmett
13. Young
14. Merrin
15. Greenfield
16. Thorby
17. Marketo

Crikey....

Thats a test of the depth!

I dont think Costigan will be picked but i suppose u gta be prepaired

Benny

First Grade
Weyman, Morris and Creagh will be in the NSW team and Cooper is a good chance. Boyd should be there for QLD but funnier things have happened and Costigan is an outside chance. Based on all our sides from last week (listed below), this is what I would do - assuming all those players are out.

Firstly you leave as many players in key positions as possible and only re-shuffle if required. Only two players are capable of player a role close to Boyd - Nightingale and Stanley - you go the more experienced player in the key position and that is Nightingale. That gives you a very experienced 1, 6, 7, 9 and 13.

Lett comes straight in for Morris and the second wing spot is the big question mark. Kyle Stanley is NOT a winger and shouldn't be considered and that only leaves Joe Vickery from Shellharbour or potentially Travis Roche or Kalifa Fai-Fai Loa - I'd go with Vickery.

Centres I would go with Emmett as one (been in great form) and likely Stanley as the other.

Forward pack picks itself with Smith back (hopefully) and Prior playing second row - Green moving up to starting side. Bench looks shaky with Merrin only certainity and if fit I'd bring in Marketo and Thorby (neither played last week). I'd also bring in Henry to come on and play 9 to leave Young in back row. Paulo has experience and could be another playerto consider bringing up.

I haven't seen any of Shellharbour or Toyota Cup this season so can't comment on form players or players capable of handling the top grade.

Though depending on who gets picked and who is available I'd vastly re-shuffle side. For example if eiher Cooper or Costigan isn't selected I'd move Stanley to bench for Henry, Cooper or Prior to centre and Costigan to back row etc etc.

I think the key is not to blood too many players unless required (better to blood when close to full strength) and go with experience and try to jag a win against a team likely to be only missing Shillington. If we win it'll be our best win of the season. Going to be a very very hard game.

1.Nightingale
2. Lett
3. Emmett
4. Stanley
5. Vickery
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Hunt
9. Priddis
10. Green
11. Prior
12. Smith
13. Young

14. Merrin
15. Thorby
16. Henry
17. Marketo

First Grade Team:

1. Darius Boyd
2. Brett Morris
3. Matt Prior
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Jamie Soward
7. Ben Hornby ©
8. Dan Hunt
9. Luke Priddis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Neville Costigan
12. Ben Creagh
13. Dean Young

14. Jon Green
15. Nick Emmett
16. Trent Merrin
17. Michael Greenfield

Toyota Cup Team:

1. David Catteral
2. Kalifa Fai-Fai Loa
3. Kyle Stanley
4. Nathan Green
5. Travis Roche
6. Beau Henry
7. Scott Rosser
8. Thomas Hancock
9. Matt Gallagher
10.Jack Stockwell
11. Alex McKinnon
12. Jack DeBelin
13. Wes Suckley ©

14. Shannon Wakeman
15. Nathan Jones
16. Evander Cummins
17. Jarred Thompson
18. Simon Maslanka

Shellharbour Team:

1 Ian Catania
2 Joe Vickery
3 Jace Brown
4 Lulia Lulia
5 Daniel Jimenez
6 Sam Burns
7 Brad Davidson
8 Luke Howell
9 Mataika Vatuvei
10 Junior Paulo
11 Jack Bosden
12 Aaron Henry
13 Scotty Jones

14 Scott Jones
15 Adam Docker
16 Donas Gock
24 Hans Schuster

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
What chance of Gasnier making an early entrance for us in Round 11?

I keep hearing Round 12 vs PARRA, but we could really use him next week!!

Deacon

First Grade
Next week would be nice with regards to Gaz though the game v Parra at Kogarah would be ideal, local junior at the local venue

Bring back choc

Juniors
Wayne will not move Prior from centre. Prior is a good defender. I would line them upo like this:

1. Nightingale
2. Lett
3. Prior
4. Emmett
5. Stanley
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Hunt
9. Priddis
10. Green
11. Smith
12. Costigan
13. Young
14. Merrin
15. Thorby
16. Greenfield
17. Paulo???

RedVDave

First Grade
1. Nightingale (best option at fullback IMO)
2. Fai-Fai Loa (deserves a shot)
3. Prior (little options but has played alright when having to play centre)
4. Stanley* (if Coops is out which is still 50-50 would have played already if not for injury)
5. Vickery (deserves a shot (not sure if he is injured or not though))
6. Soward
7. Hornby (C)
8. Greenfield (deserves a starting spot after a solid performance against the dogs)
9. Priddis
10. Merrin (also played well last night earns a starting spot IMO)
11. Hunt (has played 2nd row previosly)
12. Paulo (limited options)
13. Saffy* (as above if Young does not get picked then play him here obviously)

14. Green
15. Emmett
16. Smith (if available)
17. Thorby

SOO possibilites: Cooper, Morris, Creagh, Costigan, Weyman, Young & Boyd.

Saintsman

Juniors
Emmett deserves a start and it would be good to see Vickey there. Stanley and Emmett in the centers and Prior to the second row (this is assuming Costigan won't play)

drago brelli

Bench
Young backrower, Jack Bosden, may be put on the bench by Bennett for Canberra game. He may be interested to see how he goes at the 'top' level.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
expect boyd, morris, cooper, weyman & creagh to be out.

costigan won't make QLD for round one.

1. stanley (that's right, you read it here first)
2. lett
3. prior
4. emmett
5. nightingale
6. soward
7. hornby
8. hunt
9. priddis
10. green
11. smith
12. costigan
13. young

14. merrin
15. greenfield
16. thorby
17. bosden

dragondad

First Grade
Impossible to be too accurate when the NSW team is selected on Monday and Tuesday, I think, for the QLDers. Once we know who will be playing on Wednesday week, it will be a little easier. It seems that the following are certainties: Morris, Cooper, Weyman. Near certainties: Creagh, Costigan, Boyd.
For Canberra you can assume Shillington, nearly assume Learoyd-Lahrs and outside chance is Campese.
We will just have to wait until the teams are confirmed.