What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sidhe New Game - Rugby Challenge

Ausguy

Coach
see now thats what pi$$e$ me off...

the game has not been out very long and you have to put patches out...

how about designign a game, dont rush it to get i tout for the world cup and then you dont need to put a patch out...

how is it fair on people who dont have their console connected to the net?

bulldog

Bench
In fairness, patches are pretty standard fare for all platforms and almost all releases these days, I'm not saying it's right or fair on you if you don't have a connection but I don't think it's going to change any time soon.

You may want to check what the patch fixes if you can find details, you might not even need it.

weststigerman

Juniors
how is it fair on people who dont have their console connected to the net?

It's about as fair as businesses offering text message notifications. How is it fair if you don't own a mobile phone?

It's not their fault you're behind the times.

The majority of games have at least one patch these days.

This game is too easy tbh. and theres no management in career mode, just add any aussie player you want to your team.

haynenation

Juniors
does anyone here not quit in online mode? My record is 17 wins and 40 losses or somthing. the other day i played 5 straight matches where I was winning and the opponent quit. And im not someone who just picks NZ or AUS either im generally Ireland, Wales or Argentina.

And then before I played some guy who was NZ . I was wales, lost to him, rematched and when I went 14 up with a few mins to go he quits. Fkn Annoying

Ausguy

Coach
It's about as fair as businesses offering text message notifications. How is it fair if you don't own a mobile phone?

It's not their fault you're behind the times.

The majority of games have at least one patch these days.

Thats the way.... buy into them making rubbish games in the hope you buy them so that they can then 'patch it up'. Patches shouldnt be a part of the deal, they should be for unforseen bugs.

Dragon

Coach
lol Aus, i love how the sidhe forums are full of people calling for a patch to polish a turd

weststigerman

Juniors
Thats the way.... buy into them making rubbish games in the hope you buy them so that they can then 'patch it up'. Patches shouldnt be a part of the deal, they should be for unforseen bugs.

I'm not sure why you're trolling this thread given that you obviously have no interest in the game and dislike the games' developers.

I doubt you have any experience in software development or testing with that comment. There is a big difference between having 50 testers before release to having 100k+ people testing the product after release.

Why do you think EA sports are releasing a Fifa 12 patch soon? Is it because they're putting out rubbish games?

Sidhe have put out a decent game and a massive improvement from their previous rugby games. They deserve the accolades for it, just as they deserved the criticism in the other games.

Dragon

Coach
I doubt EA would release a sports game with a broken transfer system, or a franchise mode that has you playing the same fixtures every season.

They aren't bugs, just lazy game design.

boxhead

First Grade
Games are regularly patched nowadays, attempting to criticize Sidhe for it is foolish. The game isn't anywhere near as buggy as many games are upon release nowadays.
Dragon, how much revolves around time constraints and lack of funding you must remember. They may seem like bad design choices only but there may be reasons for that.
This game is fine, it isn't as deep as an EA or 2K major sporting franchise but it is definitely good enough for Rugby or Rugby League fans. My issues are that the game can be too easy, the incessant offloading (unless you tweak it) as well as the poor defending. Aside from that, I thoroughly enjoy it.
It's presentation and visuals are better than most sports games, though the animation work can be shoddy.

Latest posts