What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign frizell now!!

Frank Facer

First Grade
My guess is that Friz will stay too, but if another club offered him a massive long term deal, then he may take up that offer. I do hope that we do hang onto him. I cold see many clubs being interested in Friz.

getsmarty

Immortal
frizellt_2nh_7564.jpg

DRAGONS

Dragons table three-year deal to Frizell as Knights circle
Author
Dan Walsh NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Thu 13 Feb 2020, 03:23 PM
walshdan-head.png

The Dragons have tabled NSW and Australian Test star Tyson Frizell a three-year extension as rival clubs, led by Newcastle, attempt to lure him out of the famous Red V.

Frizell met St George Illawarra powerbrokers earlier this week when the new deal was tabled, but has also fielded a three-year offer from the Knights as well after meeting with officials from the Hunter club.

It's believed Frizell's preference is to remain at the Dragons and they are clear frontrunners to retain his services, though his status as one of the game's elite back-rowers means the club must come to the party with a top-dollar offer.

The 28-year-old is keen to have his future sorted before the 2020 season starts.

A three-year commitment would keep Frizell in red and white until the end of 2023, making for a decade of service at the Dragons, and offer a much-needed boost for the club as Paul McGregor bids to return to finals football.

Since joining the Dragons in 2013 from Cronulla, he has become one of the best back-rowers in the Telstra Premiership, playing 14 Tests for the Kangaroos and 11 Origins for NSW.

He recently told NRL.com that the "sooner I can get [negotiations] out of the way the better it is for myself and for the club as well".

Newcastle's interest comes as new coach Adam O'Brien looks to make their roster his own, with the pursuit of Frizell potentially adding another marquee signing alongside stars Kalyn Ponga, Mitchell Pearce and David Klemmer.

Frizell is the biggest name in a host of Dragons coming off contract in 2020, headlining a list that includes James Graham, Euan Aitken, Tim Lafai, Issac Luke, Tristan Sailor and lock Jack de Belin, who has been stood down until his legal proceedings have been resolved.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/02/13/dragons-table-three-year-deal-to-frizell-as-knights-circle/

possm

Coach
frizellt_2nh_7564.jpg

DRAGONS

Dragons table three-year deal to Frizell as Knights circle
Author
Dan Walsh NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Thu 13 Feb 2020, 03:23 PM
walshdan-head.png

The Dragons have tabled NSW and Australian Test star Tyson Frizell a three-year extension as rival clubs, led by Newcastle, attempt to lure him out of the famous Red V.

Frizell met St George Illawarra powerbrokers earlier this week when the new deal was tabled, but has also fielded a three-year offer from the Knights as well after meeting with officials from the Hunter club.

It's believed Frizell's preference is to remain at the Dragons and they are clear frontrunners to retain his services, though his status as one of the game's elite back-rowers means the club must come to the party with a top-dollar offer.

The 28-year-old is keen to have his future sorted before the 2020 season starts.

A three-year commitment would keep Frizell in red and white until the end of 2023, making for a decade of service at the Dragons, and offer a much-needed boost for the club as Paul McGregor bids to return to finals football.

Since joining the Dragons in 2013 from Cronulla, he has become one of the best back-rowers in the Telstra Premiership, playing 14 Tests for the Kangaroos and 11 Origins for NSW.

He recently told NRL.com that the "sooner I can get [negotiations] out of the way the better it is for myself and for the club as well".

Newcastle's interest comes as new coach Adam O'Brien looks to make their roster his own, with the pursuit of Frizell potentially adding another marquee signing alongside stars Kalyn Ponga, Mitchell Pearce and David Klemmer.

Frizell is the biggest name in a host of Dragons coming off contract in 2020, headlining a list that includes James Graham, Euan Aitken, Tim Lafai, Issac Luke, Tristan Sailor and lock Jack de Belin, who has been stood down until his legal proceedings have been resolved.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/02/13/dragons-table-three-year-deal-to-frizell-as-knights-circle/
The players below should be let go at or before the end of season 2020:
James Graham,
Euan Aitken,
Tim Lafai,
Issac Luke,
Tristan Sailor

Gareth67

First Grade
Of course other team are interested in Tyson.
But I wouldn't read to much into it just yet.
He will stay is what I believe .

That’s what you said about everyone’s favorite fullback/ center Josh Dugan Sammy .
Besides those Knights know how to bait a hook with money and pull the big ones in - and they do it quite often .

The main consideration for Fizz ( as he has said ) is a Premiership ring , so unless the maestro does indeed say goodbye this season we may most unfortunately be seeing the last of Tyson - maybe , just my take on things .

# FRIZELL RESIGNS #

Well , talking about one eating their words . . . . That’s what happens when you read the posts from yesteday first ! :flushed:

Last edited: