What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signing News

Datramp

Juniors
At this point in the season with Top 8 / Top 4 on the line you play your best 17. Field/Dufty while great prospects are not the best 17. Sure blood them after rep duty/ Injury but that is all. Currently IMO the best team we can field is:

Dugan
Nightengale
Aitken
Lafai
McDonald
Widdop
Mann
Packer
Mcinnes
Vaughn
Thompson
Frizell
De Belin

Sims
Ah Mau
Sele
Mccrone

After that is Prob
Host
Hutch

Then Field/Dufty etc. I don't think Field/Dufty are better than any in the above 17.

ALSGI

Bench
At this point in the season with Top 8 / Top 4 on the line you play your best 17. Field/Dufty while great prospects are not the best 17. Sure blood them after rep duty/ Injury but that is all. Currently IMO the best team we can field is:

Dugan
Nightengale
Aitken
Lafai
McDonald
Widdop
Mann
Packer
Mcinnes
Vaughn
Thompson
Frizell
De Belin

Sims
Ah Mau
Sele
Mccrone

After that is Prob
Host
Hutch

Then Field/Dufty etc. I don't think Field/Dufty are better than any in the above 17.
Yep agree except for MacDonald, I think his form has warranted a stint in reserves and Dufty/Field to be given a run on the Wing.

Overseas dragon

Juniors

Dugan
Nightengale
Aitken
Lafai
McDonald
Widdop
Mann
Packer
Mcinnes
Vaughn
Thompson
Frizell
De Belin

Sims
Ah Mau
Sele
Mccrone

After that is Prob
Host
Hutch

Maybe you should watch these youngsters play before you give your opinion

Drag Queen

Bench
Maybe you should watch these youngsters play before you give your opinion
Overseas dragon have you been watching Field/Dufty? Or is your name Local Dragon? Dufty is improving but maybe you should read about his take on his performance in Articles. Field is no way ready, and yes I have been watching.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Overseas dragon have you been watching Field/Dufty? Or is your name Local Dragon? Dufty is improving but maybe you should read about his take on his performance in Articles. Field is no way ready, and yes I have been watching.
Yes I get sent video of all our games .lots of juniors step up when given a go in the top grade.

borat

Bench
At this point in the season with Top 8 / Top 4 on the line you play your best 17. Field/Dufty while great prospects are not the best 17. Sure blood them after rep duty/ Injury but that is all.

How this is even a debatable point is crazy. It's round 17 and we are 6th for Christ sake. You don't make changes to blood juniors for some experiment.

Just pick your best team. If they aren't undeniably banging the door down in 2nds then they shouldn't get a look in.

Drag Queen

Bench
How this is even a debatable point is crazy. It's round 17 and we are 6th for Christ sake. You don't make changes to blood juniors for some experiment.

Just pick your best team. If they aren't undeniably banging the door down in 2nds then they shouldn't get a look in.
Finally the voice of reason.

Drag Queen

Bench
I've heard the voice of reason from many on here but still can't understand why McCrone has played 7 all year, why Dufty wasn't used when Dugan was out and why one of our young wingers/centres wasn't used when Macdonald put in a few bad games.

Oh sorry, it must be selective voice of reason, now I understand.
Actually I'm beginning to think you have little understanding of anything.

Dugan
Nightengale
Aitken
Lafai
McDonald
Widdop
Mann
Packer
Mcinnes
Vaughn
Thompson
Frizell
De Belin

Sims
Ah Mau
Sele
Mccrone

After that is Prob
Host
Hutch

You make a lot of sense although I can't imagine that Hutch is anywhere near ready to play.
The question remains as to why Dufty in particular hasn't already been used considering Dugan's absence due to injury??
He would have gained a few more games of FG experience by now and at least have made him a more viable option.
With Origin looming and considering the possibility of injuries, I will be very interested to see whether Dufty is finally given a go if yet another opportunity arises to pick him in the team as fullback.
Can't fault your Team selections.

Ex goon

Juniors
Hey coast dragon, you seen the team sheet for 20s game. Guess who's playing fullback. Typical response from someone that knows nothing!!

Drag Queen

Bench
You make a lot of sense although I can't imagine that Hutch is anywhere near ready to play.
The question remains as to why Dufty in particular hasn't already been used considering Dugan's absence due to injury??
He would have gained a few more games of FG experience by now and at least have made him a more viable option.
With Origin looming and considering the possibility of injuries, I will be very interested to see whether Dufty is finally given a go if yet another opportunity arises to pick him in the team as fullback.
Can't fault your Team selections.
I think Dufty will get there Dennis. He did his own appraisal in Articles and it was quite telling. Not sure whether his cockiness or the realisation that stepping up was harder than he thought. If he had filled in for Duges at that stage, and in his form at the time, I'm pretty sure he may have had a fail. He's gaining confidence in his ability but still might be shy of a FG start. He stated that the pressure to perform for an NRL spot impeded his form in the NSW Cup and Hornby put him back on track. He is now playing for a team that want some more wins instead of selfishly trying to shine. This can be seen by his recent try assists. Cheers.

Old Timer

Coach
Can anyone tell me the real reason why the focus shifted so quickly from Dufty to Field?
Dufty had a stellar U/20's career, including rep football but all of a sudden he was superseded by Field and IMO Millward's stupid statement about Field to 1st grade FB next year has been very damaging to Dufty's progress.
Dufty should have been able to go to reggies safe in the knowledge of what he was going to be groomed for but that is not what happened.
Honestly I am gob smacked at how that all unfolded and how quickly Dufty became the forgotten man.
Nene's form has been ordinary and Dufty should have at least had a run there in an effort to show him the rigours of NRL.

itsme

Juniors
Yep agree except for MacDonald, I think his form has warranted a stint in reserves and Dufty/Field to be given a run on the Wing.
Great idea. They can bomb that wing and when they catch it....throw them into row f.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Can anyone tell me the real reason why the focus shifted so quickly from Dufty to Field?
Dufty had a stellar U/20's career, including rep football but all of a sudden he was superseded by Field and IMO Millward's stupid statement about Field to 1st grade FB next year has been very damaging to Dufty's progress.
Dufty should have been able to go to reggies safe in the knowledge of what he was going to be groomed for but that is not what happened.
Honestly I am gob smacked at how that all unfolded and how quickly Dufty became the forgotten man.
Nene's form has been ordinary and Dufty should have at least had a run there in an effort to show him the rigours of NRL.

I agree with you, OT. I can only believe that it was Jai's preseason then his sensational tries at the Nines and Dufty's injury there that produced the reversal in the pecking order. But while it would have been useful to see Matt get a go in the NRL I think he has benefited from his consistent selection in the NSW Cup compared to the merry-go-round that has been Field's season.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

OT
Agree.
Millward should keep his mouth shut sometimes.
Some of the thing he has said publicly sould only be said in private between the players and the coach and him.
Like re dugan as centre only and packer .
Also he sould not have said that field is the next fullback.

Latest posts