What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signing News

borat

Bench
Can anyone tell me the real reason why the focus shifted so quickly from Dufty to Field?
Dufty had a stellar U/20's career, including rep football but all of a sudden he was superseded by Field and IMO Millward's stupid statement about Field to 1st grade FB next year has been very damaging to Dufty's progress.
Dufty should have been able to go to reggies safe in the knowledge of what he was going to be groomed for but that is not what happened.
Honestly I am gob smacked at how that all unfolded and how quickly Dufty became the forgotten man.
Nene's form has been ordinary and Dufty should have at least had a run there in an effort to show him the rigours of NRL.

You are reading way too much into it. Dufty got injured and Field took his chances at the right time.

On this point, Millward is just reflecting that Field impressed.

Old Timer

Coach
You are reading way too much into it. Dufty got injured and Field took his chances at the right time.

On this point, Millward is just reflecting that Field impressed.
Hogshit
Dufty got injured at the no account 9's and then took the FB role in reggies
Field has not played FB yet gets anointed
And there is no other words to describe Mikkward's brain explosion.

borat

Bench
Hogshit
Dufty got injured at the no account 9's and then took the FB role in reggies
Field has not played FB yet gets anointed
And there is no other words to describe Mikkward's brain explosion.

Right no other words......except what has played out in front of your eyes.

One got injured and the other got opportunities. And as has been well covered, what Millard says has no bearing on who Mary selects in FG.

Time to go to spec savers Old Timer.

Old Timer

Coach
Right no other words......except what has played out in front of your eyes.

One got injured and the other got opportunities. And as has been well covered, what Millard says has no bearing on who Mary selects in FG.

Time to go to spec savers Old Timer.
FMD you are blind
Please inform me exactly what Field did to impress whilst Dufty was injured?
All the talk was about Field and even in here Dufty was forgotten all in the back of what the 9's?
My comment re Millward was that he also got on the Fild bandwagon and even announ

Old Timer

Coach
Oops sorry for the typos
Millward announced Field as the 2018 FB. So how did he come up with that clanger?

possm

Coach
It's more than an effing mess. Bring in half of the Cutters side. I no longer care.
Yes, I understand you pain because I had a hard time just coming back to read and write on the forum. This was all so predictable and what hurts more is that these old boys running our Club have no accountability for their stupid actions/decisions.

Chin up, there's another game next week and who knows we might even win!

Drag Queen

Bench
Yes, I understand you pain because I had a hard time just coming back to read and write on the forum. This was all so predictable and what hurts more is that these old boys running our Club have no accountability for their stupid actions/decisions.

Love your optimism but we are gone. Cutters won't make the semis and the Dragons will be laughing if they make the 8.

Half glass empty on this one Possm. Two crap teams but looks like the NYC might redeem the brand. And therein lies the conundrum. I'm not seeing any positives atm. Anyone that thought the likes of Dufty/Friend and the like are delusional. Just my opinion.

Gareth67

First Grade
Don't laugh , but I saw the Signing news and thought that we may had actually had the good fortune of signing a big- name player . Strange that , anything to take the pain away of tonight's sorry showing and what that means for the rest of the season .

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me the real reason why the focus shifted so quickly from Dufty to Field?
Dufty had a stellar U/20's career, including rep football but all of a sudden he was superseded by Field and IMO Millward's stupid statement about Field to 1st grade FB next year has been very damaging to Dufty's progress.
Dufty should have been able to go to reggies safe in the knowledge of what he was going to be groomed for but that is not what happened.
Honestly I am gob smacked at how that all unfolded and how quickly Dufty became the forgotten man.
Nene's form has been ordinary and Dufty should have at least had a run there in an effort to show him the rigours of NRL.
It all started with these premature selection/positional edicts that Millward bestowed upon us.
We are still reeling from him anointing Field as the FG fullback in 2018.
Managed to alienate Dugan, Field dropped his bundle and dufty got shuffled to the back of the queue.
Mill