What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings for 2020 and future looking team

grouch

First Grade
I have been doing some more thinking of who we could sign and what our team would look like. As mentioned previously I would let Lafai, Aitken, Dufty, Pereira and Latimore all go and would tap Graham on the shoulder telling him this the last year he will be playing first grade. I would like us to find a coaching role him. I have estimated

Lafai 450K
Aitken 400K
Dufty 250K (probably more on this year's upgrade)
Pereira 250K
Latimore 200K
Graham 600K
Widdop 950K

totals 3.15 Mil

I would make a massive play for the Turbo brothers offering Tom 1 mil a season and Jake 850K. I would offer Walker 500K, Rapana 500K. I would go to 550K if necessary. That would add up to 2.85 mil. We have to cover Norman's extra, which someone has said will be 200K extra, while I thought it was 350K extra. If it is 200K I would have a balanced sheet.

The team and coach I would be looking for in 2021 is

Flanagan coach

1 Tom Turbo
2 Rapana
3 Lomax
4 Walker
5 Saab
6 Hunt
7 Norman
13 DeBelin*
12 T Sims
11 Frizell
10 Jake Turbo
9 McInnes
8 Vaughan

14 Lucky
15 K Sims
16 Ford
17 another good middle forward.

I like the look of that team.

Kriss from Canberra debuted a couple of weeks ago. He is back in reserve grade and has Croker, Leilua, Cotric, Rapana, Simminson all ahead of him. I haven't seen much of him, but I would be looking at signing him as a back up or possibly better than back up centre or even winger. He would come cheap.

Other players off contract at the end of 2020 that I would be keen on are

David Fifita, Fleger, Papenhouzen, Taukeiaho (I just call him TKO), Joey Manu who played a great game at fullback last week, Sivo.

Attachments

• 345b8m.jpg
    345b8m.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 16

Walpole

Juniors
It would be interesting to see if Turbo Tom could resist the Mary effect. Not going to happen of course, Manly would never let him go. Which no doubt is Millward's fault.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
What, apart from paying significant overs, would get good players to us at the moment? We are not the most enticing prospect at the moment.
They’d come for honour of wearing the jersey..

We wouldn’t actually have to pay them much at all..

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Frank, really like your passion, however, there are facts that would prevent most if not all of your shopping list.

1. Money; we would be paying overs for most, and without a doubt their current clubs would be uping the ante with them.
2. Coach; self explanatory.
3. Playing finals; most players you've mentioned are in teams constantly playing or near enough to playing in finals. We are content with?

TBH the one player I'd be chasing would be David Fafita. I think he's going to be a superstar, better than TPJ and Haas.

possm

Coach
I like your thinking Frank.
But i cannot think positively with our board.
It is Millward's job to balance the Cap and Johnston's job to monitor/approve. The Board will have next to nothing to do with it.

I say we need Gould to come in initiate a clean out and from there build/add to our squad some good players.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It is Millward's job to balance the Cap and Johnston's job to monitor/approve. The Board will have next to nothing to do with it.

I say we need Gould to come in initiate a clean out and from there build/add to our squad some good players.

Possm - I hear that we’ve been talking with a guy called Pete Bun or Paul Bun or something like that to come work in our admin team..

Do you know anything about him?

possm

Coach
Now that some on here recognise the Millward Mess we are in with our squad, some effort is being spent on trying to rectify the problem. Let me say I too have given this a lot of thought and come to the conclusion that nothing will be done about it under current management. 1. because they don't care and 2. because they don't have the talent to solve the problem. We now need to act step by step in an effort to solve this problem:

Step 1. The Board to hire Gould as Director of Football on a 3 year deal and give him Craig Young's seat on the Board. Have him report directly to the Board.
Step 2. Gould to produce a 3 year plan for approval by the Board.
Step 3. Gould to find senior management staff to replace; Johnston, Millward and Mary as caretaker staff.
Step 4. Gould to contract an external entity to recruit new management staff.
Step 5. Gould to canvas TPA opportunities.
Step 6. Gould to let go players not wanted and bring in available players we need, by filling first grade positions first and then back filling with our juniors and fringe first graders with good prospects of improvement.
Step 7. Gould to oversee and provide reports to the Board on the progress of his 3 year plan.

Walpole

Juniors
Now that some on here recognise the Millward Mess we are in with our squad, some effort is being spent on trying to rectify the problem. Let me say I too have given this a lot of thought and come to the conclusion that nothing will be done about it under current management. 1. because they don't care and 2. because they don't have the talent to solve the problem. We now need to act step by step in an effort to solve this problem:

Step 1. The Board to hire Gould as Director of Football on a 3 year deal and give him Craig Young's seat on the Board. Have him report directly to the Board.
Step 2. Gould to produce a 3 year plan for approval by the Board.
Step 3. Gould to find senior management staff to replace; Johnston, Millward and Mary as caretaker staff.
Step 4. Gould to contract an external entity to recruit new management staff.
Step 5. Gould to canvas TPA opportunities.
Step 6. Gould to let go players not wanted and bring in available players we need, by filling first grade positions first and then back filling with our juniors and fringe first graders with good prospects of improvement.
Step 7. Gould to oversee and provide reports to the Board on the progress of his 3 year plan.
What makes you think Gould would have any interest in the job? Or is the plan to kidnap him and lock him in the ground at Kogarah until the job is done to your satisfaction?

possm

Coach
What makes you think Gould would have any interest in the job? Or is the plan to kidnap him and lock him in the ground at Kogarah until the job is done to your satisfaction?
If the money is right Gould would do it. However, if he won't then someone else that is up for the job.

Latest posts