What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings for 2020 and future looking team

blacksafake

First Grade
Big JJ what a great 2nd rower partnered with Robert Stone & Rocket Reddy as lock. Always remember the brilliant try that JJ scored in the 1977 GF replay against the Eels at the SCG. Right near were I was seated and I was in complete awe of his power & size & just about creamed my young duds!
He played in both 1977 Grand finals but definitely not the 1979 GF against the Dogs.
Was some player.

Gareth67

First Grade
Was some player.

He was just that buddy , a big boy and a tremendous runner of the ball .

I recall him against the Eels at the old Cumberland Oval where he tore straight through the Parramatta pack and only had the fullback to beat , but low and behold the silly beggar attempted to sidestep him only to get himself tangled in his own big feet !

Nevertheless as you said Blacksafake a very good attacking second rower for the Dragons.

BLM01

First Grade
Big JJ what a great 2nd rower partnered with Robert Stone & Rocket Reddy as lock. Always remember the brilliant try that JJ scored in the 1977 GF replay against the Eels at the SCG. Right near were I was seated and I was in complete awe of his power & size & just about creamed my young duds!
He played in both 1977 Grand finals but definitely not the 1979 GF against the Dogs.
My main memory of JJ was when he chased down a Centre or winger diagonally from the opposite side of the field one sunny Sunday afternoon at Kogarah. Can't remember the opposition

It was 78 preseason game at Endeavour Field
Steve Rogers took an intercept and JJ chased him across field - just missed him
Loved the JJ - was our captain when we made the play offs in 83 with half our team out

blacksafake

First Grade
He was just that buddy , a big boy and a tremendous runner of the ball .

I recall him against the Eels at the old Cumberland Oval where he tore straight through the Parramatta pack and only had the fullback to beat , but low and behold the silly beggar attempted to sidestep him only to get himself tangled in his own big feet !

Nevertheless as you said Blacksafake a very good attacking second rower for the Dragons.
I remember that Gareth.
It was funny.

possm

Coach
hey possum. you still possom with signing latrell
Bit earyl to crow as yet. I'm sure Bennett knows what he is doing. Unlike our coach he will school him into a great fullback. A couple of mistakes and Lomax is switched to the right wing.

blue bags

First Grade
i agree , signing latrell would have been fantastic , he could have coached his teammates roosters style

Bench
I think that some clubs are going to be. in trouble when this is over, Cronulla and Titans could be gone
If we survive there could be some decent players without a club
I think we will not see million dollar contracts.
A lot of businesses will close and I feel that some big companies will take the opportunity to cut staff.
I hope that people that have been stood down or have lost there jobs are members of a strong union
I feel proud that I was. an unpaid member of our executive for. many years,

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I think that some clubs are going to be. in trouble when this is over, Cronulla and Titans could be gone
If we survive there could be some decent players without a club
I think we will not see million dollar contracts.
A lot of businesses will close and I feel that some big companies will take the opportunity to cut staff.
I hope that people that have been stood down or have lost there jobs are members of a strong union
I feel proud that I was. an unpaid member of our executive for. many years,
Unions can’t do much in a situation like this. The company can’t retain people if there is no work unfortunately. Even contracts the companies have with clients have get out clauses for stuff like this. Fox sports and the NRL are a good example.

BLM01

First Grade
I think it was Steve Rodgers, Cronulla
Ahh Master how are you. How is your Retreat of isolation.free air, free spirits and free Whatever else you can think of
If only more followed you to the forest we wouldn’t have this problem of gatherings and spread and Watching Dragons games
But be careful you might have a lot more people come and join you shortly so you may have to find more GREENER pastures to practice your solitude

The calm one

Juniors
Ahh Master how are you. How is your Retreat of isolation.free air, free spirits and free Whatever else you can think of
If only more followed you to the forest we wouldn’t have this problem of gatherings and spread and Watching Dragons games
But be careful you might have a lot more people come and join you shortly so you may have to find more GREENER pastures to practice your solitude
How are you chosen one, my beautiful disciple. When you get the uncontrollable urge to retreat and cleanse the mind and body, I am here for you. Stay calm.

BLM01

First Grade
How are you chosen one, my beautiful disciple. When you get the uncontrollable urge to retreat and cleanse the mind and body, I am here for you. Stay calm.
Thankyou. I am calm .....ordered to work from home as I work for state govt. Bizarre times

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So, let's say the salary cap is halved to $5.5m (hypothetical), how would you distribute it amongst the 30 in the playing group?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
It was 78 preseason game at Endeavour Field
Steve Rogers took an intercept and JJ chased him across field - just missed him
Loved the JJ - was our captain when we made the play offs in 83 with half our team out

I remember the ‘83 season as though yesterday. As with many who have opined their thoughts, “JJ” was a favourite of mine growing up, and the side certainly went to the next level once he assumed the captaincy. Smashing the Chooks for a place off (fifth spot), then knocking off the Tigers in extra time (no golden point/shower in those days) within a few days were wonderful achievements. Of course, what is often forgotten is that Saints destroyed that season’s premiers (Parramatta) in the last competition round....just to get to that qualifying opportunity.

Sadly, it all went kaput the following week against Canterbury (my memory suggests Kevin Bloody Roberts stymied the Dragons’ progression).

Besides being a barnstorming backrower, “JJ” was also quite a successful lower grade coach with St. George. With the passage of time, this has been overlooked.