What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings for 2020 and future looking team

Frank Facer

First Grade
I have been doing some more thinking of who we could sign and what our team would look like. As mentioned previously I would let Lafai, Aitken, Dufty, Pereira and Latimore all go and would tap Graham on the shoulder telling him this the last year he will be playing first grade. I would like us to find a coaching role him. I have estimated

Lafai 450K
Aitken 400K
Dufty 250K (probably more on this year's upgrade)
Pereira 250K
Latimore 200K
Graham 600K
Widdop 950K

totals 3.15 Mil

I would make a massive play for the Turbo brothers offering Tom 1 mil a season and Jake 850K. I would offer Walker 500K, Rapana 500K. I would go to 550K if necessary. That would add up to 2.85 mil. We have to cover Norman's extra, which someone has said will be 200K extra, while I thought it was 350K extra. If it is 200K I would have a balanced sheet.

The team and coach I would be looking for in 2021 is

Flanagan coach

1 Tom Turbo
2 Rapana
3 Lomax
4 Walker
5 Saab
6 Hunt
7 Norman
13 DeBelin*
12 T Sims
11 Frizell
10 Jake Turbo
9 McInnes
8 Vaughan

14 Lucky
15 K Sims
16 Ford
17 another good middle forward.

I like the look of that team.

Kriss from Canberra debuted a couple of weeks ago. He is back in reserve grade and has Croker, Leilua, Cotric, Rapana, Simminson all ahead of him. I haven't seen much of him, but I would be looking at signing him as a back up or possibly better than back up centre or even winger. He would come cheap.

Other players off contract at the end of 2020 that I would be keen on are

David Fifita, Fleger, Papenhouzen, Taukeiaho (I just call him TKO), Joey Manu who played a great game at fullback last week, Sivo.

Last edited:

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
I have been doing some more thinking of who we could sign and what our team would look like. As mentioned previously I would let Lafai, Aitken, Dufty, Pereira and Latimore all go and would tap Graham on the shoulder telling him this the last year he will be playing first grade. I would like us to find a coaching role him. I have estimated

Lafai 450K
Aitken 400K
Pereira 250K
Latimore 200K
Graham 600K
Widdop 950K

totals 3.15 Mil

I would make a massive play for the Turbo brothers offering Tom 1 mil a season and Jake 850K. I would offer Walker 500K, Rapana 500K. I would go to 550K if necessary. That would add up to 2.85 mil. We have to cover Norman's extra, which someone has said will be 200K extra, while I thought it was 350K extra. If it is 200K I would have a balanced sheet.

The team I would be looking for in 2021 is

1 Tom Turbo
2 Rapana
3 Lomax
4 Walker
5 Saab
6 Hunt
7 Norman
13 DeBelin*
12 T Sims
11 Frizell
10 Jake Turbo
9 McInnes
8 Vaughan

14 Lucky
15 K Sims
16 Ford

Kriss from Canberra debuted a couple of weeks ago. He is back in reserve grade and has Croker, Leilua, Cotric, Rapana, Simminson all ahead of him. I haven't seen much of him, but I would be looking at signing him as a back up or possibly better centre or even winger. He would come cheap.

David Fifita, Fleger, Papenhouzen, Taukeiaho (I just call him TKO), Joey Manu who played a great game at fullback last week, Sivo.

What about Host?
You included Lucky? Really? Based on what form? Kerr and Timm have been playering better than Lucky.
Can't argue with your release list.
walker ? No
Pearson should be there before Saab.
Would you spend that much on a winger. Rapana over-rated

The calm one

Juniors

Lafai 450K
Aitken 400K
Pereira 250K
Latimore 200K
Graham 600K
Widdop 950K

totals 3.15 Mil

The team I would be looking for in 2021 is

1 Tom Turbo
2 Rapana
3 Lomax
4 Walker
5 Saab
6 Hunt
7 Norman
13 DeBelin*
12 T Sims
11 Frizell
10 Jake Turbo
9 McInnes
8 Vaughan

14 Lucky
15 K Sims
16 Ford

Kriss from Canberra debuted a couple of weeks ago. He is back in reserve grade and has Croker, Leilua, Cotric, Rapana, Simminson all ahead of him. I haven't seen much of him, but I would be looking at signing him as a back up or possibly better centre or even winger. He would come cheap.

Go and find a hobby. You need one

Frank Facer

First Grade
What about Host?
You included Lucky? Really? Based on what form? Kerr and Timm have been playering better than Lucky.
Can't argue with your release list.
walker ? No
Pearson should be there before Saab.
Would you spend that much on a winger. Rapana over-rated
I think Saab will be one of our wingers by next year. Rapana isn't your run of the mill winger. He has a more complete game than most wingers. My only concern is that he will be around 30 next year and has had a few injuries recently. I am would rather not spend that much on a winger. I wouldn't mind seeing if Marsters could take one wing spot next year, if we don't sign a good established one from elsewhere.

I rate Lucky highly. I admit his form has been a bit patchy this year, but I see great potential. Maybe I am looking through rose coloured glasses or red and white ones. Maybe I am living in hope? He has been transitioning into the middle this year and could develop into a very good prop. He has a good attitude and is enjoying playing in the middle. Time will tell with Lucky.

I have only seen Timm play in the trials and like what I saw. I have read many good reports about his CC games and his stats are usually very good. I would like to have seen him given a run in first grade already this year.

I don't think Kerr will make it.

Host is an interesting one. He looks to be an edge backrower, but I don't think he will ever be a top liner. We have Frizell and Sims as our edge backrowers. I think he is a decent bench player. I now hold more hope for Ford.

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
I know it is very unlikely that we manage to sign Tom and Jake, so I just came up with another possible team for 2021 that would fit in with the above salary cap equation and players off contract by 2020. This team would cover all of our current deficiencies.

Flanagan coach.

1 Papenhouzen 500K
2 Rapana 500K
3 Lomax
4 Walker 500K
5 Saab
6 Hunt
7 Norman
13 DeBelin*
12 T Sims
11 Frizell
10 TKO 650K
9 McInnes
8 Vaughan

14 Flegger 450K
15 K Sims
16 Lucky
17 Ford

18 Kriss 200K
19 Host
20 Lovodua
21 Rava
22 Marsters
23 Field
24 Pearson
25 Timm
26 Sullivan
27 Wishart

Again that looks very strong to me. Some of those out of the 17 could have even forced their way into the top 17 by 2021 or they could be at other clubs and we would have to find decent replacements for them.

Frank Facer

First Grade
There is zero chance we could afford that team, let alone sign them all up
It adds up according to my genuine estimations and calculations. We should also be able to add TPA's to those contracts and create an extra 600K or more for our salary cap.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I forgot about Pangai. We could insert Pangai for Jake Turbo or TKO in either of those teams. If we could organise substantial TPA's, like Easts and co, we could even add Pangai into either of the above 17's.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Salary cap restricting, this would be my ideal side for 2021.

Flanagan coach

1 Tom Turbo 1 mil
2 Rapana 500K
3 Lomax
4 Walker 500K
5 Saab
6 Hunt
7 Norman
13 DeBelin*
12 T Sims
11 Frizell
10 TKO 650K

14 Fleger 450K
15 K Sims
16 Lucky
17 Ford

Add Kriss for 200K. I would also let Lawrie go, estimating 200K for him. With that I would be around 100K over this year's cap. All deficiencies are fixed. We would have a very strong bench.

grouch

First Grade
Frank maybe you should ask some of the reptilian illuminati from your weird youtube playlist to become third party sponsors so we can afford this team

BLM01

First Grade
Why stop there Frank, dont wait for contracts to expire

Backs, Tedesco, Addo Carr, Turbo, Centres of Mitchell & Aitken. Backrow of Sam Burgess, Frizz & Cam Murray. Front row. Latimore, Cook & JWH
Bench. Jake T, AFB, McInnes, Vaughan
Coach - Bellamy

See if Millward can get that done by 2021
Ohh and our current halves will do

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I've been sitting here for about 5 minutes trying to figure out where to start with this post.

What a f**king waste of time. I'm actually annoyed with myself.
I dunno, a full overhaul could be what’s needed..

Perhaps Millward should get out there and sign the whole NSW origin team tomorrow..

They’ve already shown they can play well together and we’ll easily fit them under the cap..

And when our whole 1st grade team is away during SOO in 2020, we’ll just get our u/17’s to step up..

They’d smash any club’s top roster any day of the week - not sure why they’re not playing 1st grade this year actually..

Bloody Mary..