What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings Rumour

Mighty Tiger

Bench
He's a prop but at what cost ??? Lima and Small ???? No thanks sure he would be cheap for 1 season but after that he will become high priced he reminds me like a player that we currently have in the Pillow Patterson :roll:

Wrighty79

Juniors
jirskyr said:
Vella is and has always been overrated. We don't want another Nick Graham

When did Nick Graham play for Australia/NSW??? I can't see it happening though, I bumped into Vella on the p..s at St. Pats early this year, and I asked him if he'd consider coming across. He basically laughed at me.

HOT028

Juniors
[
, I bumped into Vella on the p..s at St. Pats early this year, and I asked him if he'd consider coming across. He basically laughed at me.[/quote]

looks like he is just joing the crowd. :lol: :lol:

Wobbygong

First Grade
Yeah I heard the tigers were keEn to sign Fui Fui Moi Moi, Craig Stapleton and Corey Pearson from the eels....ROTFLMAO

Tigerpete

Juniors
haha...............Fui Fui gets on with Denis too well, they wont let him go. As for Vella, if he's on the cheap,sure lets sign him, what reasons are there for why he cant turn into another of Smithies rejects who find form, just like Hodgson this season for example.

AS for RedRugby's info, he could be right? I've heard Dykes is almost certain to join the sharks.

Wrighty79

Juniors
I'd take Fui Fui. If you can teach him discipline he'd be a good buy I think. He has the potential to be better than Manu at least.

ozcrusader

Bench
Some people here are fair dinkum kidding themselves.

A young prop, who has played Origin football is allegedly unhappy at his club and wants to move - and he isn't good enough for us????

FMD, we NEED props - our forward pack is just about the smallest in the NRL and has very little impact. Vella is a solid player who has played rep football - he is not a Shane Webke or Gorden Tallis that we would love to have, but to claim that Nick Graham is a better player is the absolute hieght of stupidity.

If this rumour is true (and 99% are not), it is a sign that we are doing something RIGHT.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Joel said:
I'd take Fui Fui. If you can teach him discipline he'd be a good buy I think. He has the potential to be better than Manu at least.

The great Fui Fui is the man who once said at souths that if i play for 20 mins , i train for 20 mins. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
Tigerpete said:
Joel said:

The great Fui Fui is the man who once said at souths that if i play for 20 mins , i train for 20 mins. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually it was 10 minutes.... ;-)

The Colonel

Immortal
Vella is a solid player when his head is on right and has been a Smith favourite for some time. I'd be interested to see how true the rumour is - I'd be sad to see him leave. He can be brilliant at times, better than solid whereas at other times you hardly realise he is on the field. :?

HOT028

Juniors
vella would be a great signing, and to think fui fui would be a good buy, you must be on some heavy drugs.

Wrighty79

Juniors
I never said Fui would set the world on fire, but he hits damn hard, and is a dynamic runner. Do we not need this?

ok how many good props should a team have i wouuld say 4 of 1st grade stantard and another 4 below that just for some depth as of the moment we have Skandalis who is a work horse

Payton should be of the bench
Gibbs will only get better
Small and lima Good potential

we still need a prop that offers That hard dont take a backward step they go all out

IMO that would be vella if he gets a fresh start

HOT028

Juniors
with all the players parra have signed, i dont really see anyone wanting to leave as they will have a good side next year

Stellar

Juniors
My query is with all the players parra have signed and for the amount of money they paid aswell as the $1 Million they pay for vella, hindmarsh and cayless how the bloody hell are they gonna fit 25 players under the $3.25 mil salary cap

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Stellar said:
My query is with all the players parra have signed and for the amount of money they paid aswell as the $1 Million they pay for vella, hindmarsh and cayless how the bloody hell are they gonna fit 25 players under the $3.25 mil salary cap

If they release Lyon thats how and he is the centre that the Manly board are saying they will get :roll: