What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings Rumour

RedRugby

Juniors
Evening Guys,

Let me start by saying I can't absolutely verify this. The news was passed on by a Parramatta lower grader. I was told that a number of Parramatta players will be released at the end of the season. Two of them are apparently Michael Vella and Adam Dykes. Dykes is heading to Cronulla and the rumour has it that Vella wants to come to the Tigers.

Has anybody heard anything similar?

JamMastahShane

Juniors
Man that'll be cool if Vella comes to the Tigers. Here's hoping.

banner15.jpg

Albo

Juniors
Vella is a good player, and he wont be expensive.

I am sure Parra will pay a portion of his salary should he join any other club

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
Vella would be great. A Good prop whose price wouldnt be that bad with some recent form. with Micky B, Patty Richards, Jason Moodie and Brett Hodgson coming in the last 2 years maybe he may want to come too.

People may say hes past it or lost it. But his a big prop who still has it in him (Refer to the first ten minutes after halftime of Tigers VS Parra at round 12 or so for evidence). Maybe all he needs is a fresh start.

Just remember Brett Hodgson was in EXACTLY the same boat in the last few seasons,struggling to put a foot right. This year hes been our best player.

TigerMo

Juniors
Albo said:
Vella is a good player, and he wont be expensive.

I think you are wrong here, He is getting paid a MASSIVE amount of money at the Eels.

I heard on the radio after the Tigers V Eels and they said that Hindmarsh, Vella and Cayless alone take up approx 1.mil of the cap. Even if it isn't all true, It is a fair indication of how expenisve he is, and overpaid no doubt!

Spike

First Grade
Dykes is almost certain to get a release by the Eels to join the Sharks next week. As far as Vella goes, he's better off selling ladies undergarments in Hampshire.

yappy

Bench
Hello Red - long time no.

I'd heard that whisper too, but after buying the El Masri rumour left it alone.

Vella has his good days and his bad, when he's on form he's great - i recall a few weeks ago he made 40+ tackles and 15 hit-ups in 45 minutes or somthing along the lines of that.

chunk

Juniors
I think it would be a good buy for the Tigers, Vella is a solid player and be very good on his day.

mikey

Juniors
I think he'd bring good experience to the side and it's certainly a position we need more depth in.

Or perhaps people would like to get Pearson back from Parra :mrgreen:

Davester

Juniors
Keep Vella away from Tigers and let Pearson stay with the Eels. We are doing ourselves better with out em...IMO of course