What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings - Word on the street

maddest_kiwi

Juniors
The word on the street is....

Seymour is going to sign for the Warriors

Holdsworth may sign with Warriors

Ben Barba's name has been floated around

Any others:crazy:

Warriors need to score some solid player's to play in the halves. This season the Warriors have struggled to score points, namely due to the lack of fire-power within the halves (no offense to Stacey Jones - he just hasn't got the goods for 2009/10s game). The addition of Brett Seymour and either Holdsworth or Barba would help the Warriors cause; making them a far more threatening team...

The forward pack is solid, and has a fair amount of "starch" in it. With the addition of those two above, it would look something like this..

1 Wade McKinnon
2 Kevin Locke
3 Brent Tate
4 Jerome Ropati / Joel Moon
5 Manu Vatuvei
6 Brett Seymour
7 Ben Barba / Daniel Holdsworth
8 Sam Rapira
9 Ian Henderson
10 Steve Price (c)
11 Simon Mannering
12 Ben Matulino
13 Micheal Luck

Last edited:

devoid

Juniors
Please, the Frank Pritchard rumour is just that, a rumour, and it's based on an article 18 months to 2 years ago where he stated he'd like to play for the Warriors.

Oh sorry, I have confused "word on the street" with "contract written in blood". I have made a dreadful mistake, and will begin self flagellation immediately.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Oh sorry, I have confused "word on the street" with "contract written in blood". I have made a dreadful mistake, and will begin self flagellation immediately.

I'm sure there's a point in there somewhere. I'd rather not know what you do to yourself to be honest.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Warriors need to score some solid player's to play in the halves. This season the Warriors have struggled to score points, namely due to the lack of fire-power within the halves (no offense to Stacey Jones - he just hasn't got the goods for 2009/10s game). The addition of Brett Seymour and either Holdsworth or Barba would help the Warriors cause; making them a far more threatening team...

The forward pack is solid, and has a fair amount of "starch" in it. With the addition of those two above, it would look something like this..

1 Wade McKinnon
2 Kevin Locke
3 Brent Tate
4 Jerome Ropati / Joel Moon
5 Manu Vatuvei
6 Brett Seymour
7 Ben Barba / Daniel Holdsworth
8 Sam Rapira
9 Ian Henderson
10 Steve Price (c)
11 Simon Mannering
12 Ben Matulino
13 Micheal Luck

Unfortunately that team bar in the inclusion of Tate will be no improvement of what the warriors already have.

Maybe barba wil do a chip and chase or make a break now and then.

Need more of a change of coach IMO. Cleary has had the same issue into regards to fixing the attack the whole year.

Essentially he has had 6 or 7 halfback options over the past year to choose from and could not recitfy the issue.
Witt / Fien / Jones / John / Heremaia / Hohaia / Foran / Rovelli

How is the addition of 2extra hasbeen/neverwas halfback like holdsworth/seymour going to help.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I wouldn't go jumping on the 'sack Cleary' band wagon yet. This is still the same guy from 2006/07/08 and we never had any attacking dramas in those years.

He'll learn from the experience of this year. He'll learn that there is a balance to be struck in a league side and that making a somewhat knee-jerk reaction to bad defence by signing defensive back-rowers may backfire. He'll learn (I hope) a lesson about Stacey and basing players on their former glories. Plus a lot of other things.

He'll have the right cattle in 2010 to make a good fist of it....if he fails there then fair do's if the sacking calls come again.

And no, we are not getting the spoon this year. The defence I saw from the Roosters last week will ensure that.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
I seen on a website that these guys are off contract.
Is it true? Who would you keep?

Patrick Ah Van
Lee
son Ah Mau
Lewis Brown I'd resign

Ian Henderson
Lance Hohaia I'd resign
Stacey Jones
Aidan Kirk
Daniel O'Regan
Herman Retllaf
Malo Solo
mona
Evarn Tuimavave

Iafeta

Referee
That website is definitely wrong. I was under the impression Daniel O'Regan was signed till the end of 2010 and Lance Hohaia, Patrick Ah Van and Ian Henderson resigned earlier this year.

I suspect Lewis Brown came on a one year deal with an option in the Warriors favour which has almost certainly flown under the radar and been executed.

It is correct on Leeson, Retzlaff, Kirk, Jones, Solomona and Tuimavave. I'm hopeful of Tuimavave being resigned. Would love Leeson to stay, doesn't look likely.

Brown: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10526193

Latest posts