What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings

Mulch

Juniors
With June 30 coming and Neville Costigan and Chris Flannery re-signing with the Broncos and the Roosters, Who are the Raiders going to target as their big Purchases?

Edwahu

Bench
I think we might go after players in the ESL. There are not many backrowers apart from Harrison, although Lafranchi and Abraham would be good pickups.

Timbo

Staff member
I reckon they'll go hard for Harrison. Also maybe a few coming back from England.

Stuart

Juniors
Bradford:

Leon Pryce, Jamie Peacock, Stuart Reardon, Jamie Langley,Radford?

Warrington:

Toa Kohe-Love
Dean Gaskell
Nathan Wood
Chris Leikvoll
Paul Noone
Danny Lima
Graham Appo
Warren Stevens

Hull:

Andy Bailey, Paul Cooke, Stephen Kearney (has a 1 yr option), Paul Mcnicholas

Saints:

Keith Mason
Mark Edmondson
Jon Wilkin
Maurie Fa'asavalu
Paul Anderson
Jason Hooper

Wigan:
Martin Aspinwall and Gareth Hock

Huddersfield:

Paul White
Stuart Donlan
Marcus St Hilaire
Hefin o Hare
Paul Smith
Chris Nero
Ben Roarty
Paul Jackson
Ian Morrison
Jon Grayshon
Ryan Clayton

This is a list courtesy of an ESL thread. Dont know how accurate it is?

Timbo

Staff member
Get Graham Appo out here now!!!

Seriously though, some of those Bradford blokes would look good in lime.

Stuart

Juniors
I rate Laffranchi, he would be a quality signing. There is a rumour in the contracted payers thread that we are after PeeWee Moke who if the goosters fans are to be believed would be another good signing.

Stuart

Juniors
Win news just said the club will announce two signings immediately after the June 30 anti-tampering deadline....interesting to see who they are. They also confirmed, Terry Martin will leave the raiders and probably play in England next year..

ausraider

Juniors
Stuart said:
Win news just said the club will announce two signings immediately after the June 30 anti-tampering deadline....interesting to see who they are. They also confirmed, Terry Martin will leave the raiders and probably play in England next year..

I hope they are good signings.Couple of more sleeps I guess to find out.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Stuart said:

Ned Catic and chris walker/some other nuffy is my tip

ausraider

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Ned Catic and chris walker/some other nuffy is my tip

Could be Covell and Walker.As if our backs don't miss enough tackles already.Wouldbe couple of good pick ups though or may be we could swap them with Robbo and Gaffa.What a swap.Probably swap of the century.lol

Timbo

Staff member
Walker....Could.....And I stress could.....be a good signing. If we kept him on track....and taught him how to tackle.

Oh stuff it not even I can justify that one.

raidersfan

Juniors
Stuart Reardon would be a awsome pick up. Did anyone see him play in the Tri series? he impressed me heaps

Tidus_Raider

Bench
I'm not expecting much from the signings. I reckon Craig Field or Darrel Trindall. They fit in the Matt Elliot mould of player.

raidersfan

Juniors
Yeah no one should get their hopes up, it probebly just some no names from premier league who have "massive protential" blah blah just like Carney, Weyman, Frawley, Graham....etc

sydraider

First Grade
Harrison is the only one out of that list of probables I would like to see in the lime.

Walker would not and I stress NOT be a good signing. Overated hack springs to mind when his name is mentioned.

Macko8

Juniors
yeah i hope it is some1 like harrison and reardon..hopefully..more than likely it mite be a couple of nobodys from another PL side...i hope not.

Stuart

Juniors
I think management have shown their hand early this year, they want to sign as many out of favour sharks (ex-sharks) players as possible(lomu, williams) so my money is on Nathan Merritt coming to canberra.

hrundi99

First Grade
Stuart said:
I think management have shown their hand early this year, they want to sign as many out of favour sharks (ex-sharks) players as possible(lomu, williams) so my money is on Nathan Merritt coming to canberra.

I hope not. He's playing too well for the Jets.

He's another "elite" level PL player, who doesn't really cut it in 1sts.

Latest posts