What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings

Raider_69

Post Whore
hrundi99 said:
I hope not. He's playing too well for the Jets.

He's another "elite" level PL player, who doesn't really cut it in 1sts.

Exactly, why would we need him? we got Robbo

Timbo

Staff member
RR'll take out a contract on you for that one 69.

Another name that's occured to me could be Brett Firman. Firman/Smith could be a lethal combination in the halves.

Although that leaves Carney, Campese and Zillman out in the cold.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Timbo said:

Another name that's occured to me could be Brett Firman. Firman/Smith could be a lethal combination in the halves.

with the cowboys now and i dont think he'd be worth it, no need for another Craig Frawley type waste of cash

Tidus_Raider

Bench
I think we need a backrower and prop. I reckon our outside backs are.

Milne, Purtell, Ale, Chalk, Graham, Howell, Frawley, Mogg, Gafa and Robbo.

To bad the talents drops off their at the end. Plenty of talented players and enough mediocre ones too.

jed

First Grade
Timbo said:
Seriously though, some of those Bradford blokes would look good in lime.

That's not entirely out of the question - with Elliott still in charge at the Raiders, we have some good ties to the Bulls.

Raider Ultra

Bench
Yes, it does seem the singings will be pommies, considering we have basically said we have made 2 signings before the deadline. Either that or it shows what a joke the June 30 deadline has become and clubs are announcings before it!!

thickos

First Grade
benmeyer said:
Either that or other clubs have simply allowed their players to talk to other clubs.

Exactly, same thing happened to rhino.

Real shame about Terry Martin leaving the club, always a fan of his and his presence has been missed this season.

Raider Crusader

Juniors
Timbo said:

Although that leaves Carney, Campese and Zillman out in the cold.
You gotta be kidding me!?! Firman was an OK player with the Dragons a few years back, but after he got injured he hasn't been able to cut it in FG since. He obviously must be pretty pathetic considering he was playing PL for the Roosters nearly all year, with that Jamie Soward kid being better than him.
No way to Firman, and besides, he already signed with the Cowboys.

legend

Coach
What about someone like Ben Galea? He ahsn't re-signed with the Tigers and he could be a great long term replacement for Croker.

dubby

Bench
word has it that Chris McKenna is looking for a comeback in the NRL. A Leeds player who would have contacts with Dave Furner, and Adamson.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
ausraider said:
Could be Covell and Walker.As if our backs don't miss enough tackles already.Wouldbe couple of good pick ups though or may be we could swap them with Robbo and Gaffa.What a swap.Probably swap of the century.lol

sorry 2 break it to u but covell wont be going to the nations capital, despite the lucrative offer u may throw

ausraider

Juniors
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
sorry 2 break it to u but covell wont be going to the nations capital, despite the lucrative offer u may throw

Nah you keep him.Lucrative offer is bus fare for him to visit parliment house.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
covell is happy at the nations shire
he has a good house , car , friends, is a icon in the community and is groomde as a future prospect to lead the sharks. no offer u throw will match it. sorry.
good luck with ur signings

Latest posts