What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings

Stagger eel

Staff member
spiderdan said:
josh davis (if he gets over that sh*t of an injury he got)
kris inu
ben farrer (i haven't seen a lot of him but from all reports he is pretty impressive)

as far as I'm aware Ben Farrer has no re-signed for next year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'd also love the macdougalls at the club but they're just not priorities at the moement and we need get a five-eight and strengthen our forward pack before we think about outside backs.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
spiderdan said:
josh davis (if he gets over that sh*t of an injury he got)
kris inu
ben farrer (i haven't seen a lot of him but from all reports he is pretty impressive)

I'm assuming one has an injury and I just picked Inu to display that.

We don't have as much depth in the outside backs as we think. At least not players that you want to push into first grade next year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Ref in Seat 196 said:
I'm assuming one has an injury and I just picked Inu to display that.

We don't have as much depth in the outside backs as we think. At least not players that you want to push into first grade next year.

we also haven't had the opprtunity to go and buy some players for depth.

Kornstar

Coach
Tony Parmatangi has been good this year, if he is around next year, he will be an option, he is big and strong and hasn't let us down yet! Ute Eaisele (spelling) also is an option, he is pretty quick and powerful....

Tony Williams is playing centre at the moment in Flegg and doing a fair job, we also have David Williams who IMO is a way better prospect than his brother.......i don't think we have too much to worry about in the backs department just yet

We need forwards, i said in another thread that we need to raid the Dragons junior forwards and get them ready to step up cause they are all massive and run straight and hard........something our boys have been missing this year!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Except that the Dragons are doing the smart thing and re-signing all their quality forwards.

Yes, we're really making a move on the player market lol. Soon there won't be any players left.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
Tony Parmatangi has been good this year, if he is around next year, he will be an option, he is big and strong and hasn't let us down yet! Ute Eaisele (spelling) also is an option, he is pretty quick and powerful....

Tony Williams is playing centre at the moment in Flegg and doing a fair job, we also have David Williams who IMO is a way better prospect than his brother.......i don't think we have too much to worry about in the backs department just yet

We need forwards, i said in another thread that we need to raid the Dragons junior forwards and get them ready to step up cause they are all massive and run straight and hard........something our boys have been missing this year!!

wow, big call but I also rate him very highly as footballer good tough player, he'll be in our fulltime squad next year.

I don't understand why they don't play Etu as much as they should, he's very underated not much difference in ability to Matt Peterson only quicker of the mark.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
we also haven't had the opprtunity to go and buy some players for depth.

Which I agree with. I am simply responding to the thoughts of Eelmentary that we don't need to sign any backs.

I agree that David Williams is a good player. He shouldn't be playing back row, definately a centre.

dio

Juniors
anyone got any proper gosip (unreliable source) told me simpson and hill will be anounced tommorrow??? can anyone confirm this

eels1986

Juniors
I can tell you one thing and that is Simpson will not be coming to the Eels. He will negoiate a bigger contract with Newcastle. When you think about all the players coming off contract this year not too many have changed clubs. Souths and Titan have been the main players and most players staying with their club. Don't be surprised if Asotasi doesn't stay with dog and Myles will go to Broncos me thinks. I am bemused as anyone if we don't resign Green or Scott Hill. Who the hell will play 5/8 for us???

dazeely

First Grade
unproven I know but how would Adam McDougall go at 5/8th? Strong running type player whom gives 110% all the time. Not the answer long term I know but we seem to be running short of options if Hill falls through.

scottyeel

Bench
eels1986 said:
I can tell you one thing and that is Simpson will not be coming to the Eels. He will negoiate a bigger contract with Newcastle. When you think about all the players coming off contract this year not too many have changed clubs. Souths and Titan have been the main players and most players staying with their club. Don't be surprised if Asotasi doesn't stay with dog and Myles will go to Broncos me thinks. I am bemused as anyone if we don't resign Green or Scott Hill. Who the hell will play 5/8 for us???
Ch.9 news said Asotasi has been told there is no money left for him at the bulldogs. Also said he will be at either the Roosters, Tigers or Souths next year.

scottyeel

Bench
I will too lucablight but I still have faith the club know what they're doing and are holding an ace up their sleeve somewhere.

Utey

Coach
scottyeel said:
I will too lucablight but I still have faith the club know what they're doing and are holding an ace up their sleeve somewhere.

iam thinking we have a pair of twos... but ill be patient here. :)